Magic Bullets Reviews - Page 3
FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been answered but Iv been studying DYD stuff for a while and have never read the VAH book and am just starting to approach so Im a real newbie.How helpful will this book be to someone just starting to get out into the field and learning to open and keep conversations going as thats my main goal at the moment.
    Thanks for any help.
    It will be EXTREMELY helpful. (And IMHO much more helpful than DYD )

Quote Originally Posted by durexlw View Post
    Mystery's book: $20... Styles book: $20

And this Ebook $68.00 and i'll have to print it myself

For an ebook, this is a fuckload of money... compared to the price, this should bring me at least two full books more knowledge than Mystery's and Styles book combined... i'm pretty sure this book is filled with great knowledge, but I can't help thinking that for this price: I very much doubt it's a resonable buy.
    Yes the price is astronomical for a book. But compared to a series of DVDs or a seminar or a bootcamp, it's a baragin. And if it gets you just a couple more blowjobs, it was surely worth it, eh?

I think that due to the fact that us dateless fellows are kind of chumpish to begin with (which is why we have trouble getting dates) we'll just pay. At least we aren't getting ripped off here as bad as with other seduction product.

I have Magic Bullets and I've only read parts of it. In my opinion a lot of it seemed repetitive - especially since I spend time listening to my back-ordered interview series CD's.

Here's my recommendation:
    Look through all of the Interview Series CD's and check to see if any of those fit your sticking points. If they do, order them (I've got ones on -Phone Game, -Days 2s, -Frame Control, and -Opening). The bonus is you can play it over and over again in your car - on your way to work, or on your way to pick up a date, or on your way home from the bar.

I just F-Closed a HB8 who was still w/her boyfriend of 2 years.

So, Im satisfied.

I finished reading Magic Bullets (MB) last night.

Overall, MB is a very good follow up to the VAH: IF you have already read the VAH and your game is at an intermediate to advanced level. However, I do not think MB is the best book for newbies to start with. By contrast, for intermediate to advanced players, I think that although MB is very good it is not revolutionary.

MB fills in some knowledge gaps, often in very important areas, it gives you an aha or two, but, at the same time, it will not fundamentally alter your perception of the world, the way that, something like Attraction Isn't a Choice, VAH, or The Art of Seduction does the first time you read it. MB did not leave me with the same oddly disturbed feeling that most works of genius do. The only thing that distrubed me was the fear that perhaps there are no profound theoretical breakthroughs to come in this domain of knowledge.

On to specifics:

For newbies, I think the problem here is that there just isn't the right tone, emphasis, or information to shake them out of their AFC ways. The book does not go into much detail about why "nice guy" does not work. It does not mention "shit tests", frame control, negs, IODs and, other subects potentially unsavory to the mainstream in much detail. I think AFCs really need to be shocked and awed, and they need to have a better model of why what they are doing is not working if they are to change their behavior. MB is not the book to provide that.

I also do not think it is a good idea to shun routines for newbies. Here the author might have forgotten that some of us newbies, were, literally completely terrified to talk to women back in our AFC days and were completely clueless as to what to talk to them about. Just surviving 1 minutes in a set was a big accomplishment in those days!

Now for intermediate to advanced guys, OTOH, I think this book fills in some very important specific knowledge gaps. I look at VAH as analogous to presenting the fundamental axioms of, say, Quantum Mechanics, and the MB as working out, and experimentally verifying, the most important applications of the model. The section on phone game is a great example of this. What exactly do you when you hit her voice mail anyway? The great Tyler Durden himself said that phone game was hard just starting from first principles. In MB we can see that a ton of work has gone into FT'ing and presenting solid phone game strategy.

Other chapters with great specific advice were the comfort, dating, seduction, and relationship chapters. Just by looking at the number of pages devoted to these subjects in VAH, you can see that not enough was specifically known about these subjects at the time. Needless to say, given how obviously critical these subjects are, MB makes a great contribution by filling in our knowledge there.

Also, the discussion on flaking was excellent. It nice summarizes what it took me forever to learn by raw experimentation: If she flakes, do nothing about it. MB presents a solid model of why to do nothing: Namely because she just did not care enough about the whole matter to big with. Proof: if she did care she won't have flaked! This is typical of great specific, practical, and concise advise that the book is made of.

Now, although the specific information contained in the book is excellent, given the very high price tag ($68!) I guess I was hoping for some truly profound theoretical breakthroughs:

New deep psychological insights, or, perhaps, even a completely new model. This book does not contain those. Now, maybe that's just because there really aren't any magic bullets, and at this point, for us guys who have been in the community a year or two, the future is just about ironing out specific practical problems. Maybe. But I am skeptical. My instincts tell me that there are still new deep magical insights waiting to be discovered (remember the magic of the "neg"?) and new powerful models waiting to be created.

For me the book just did not shake up my view of the world and was not daring enough with new ideas to make it to my life changing list. Nevertheless, I still consider it a must have for all specific practical problems it provides answers too. Thus, I will give this product an 8 out of 10.
    Last edited by PhilosopherKing; 03-27-2007 at 12:41 PM.

connecticut/ NYC

Magic Bullets

I started out in the world of the pickup in January of 2007 after finishing the book by Style, The Game. After learning of his exploits with Mystery and many other pickup artists I have to admit I was hooked. I have read the VAH by Mystery and found it to be a very insightful and informational book. Unfortuatly The VAH did leave many questions at the end of the book. I then ordered a copy of the new e book Magic Bullets by Savoy. To put it simply the book is a wonderful piece of work. I highly recommend it to all beginners who wish to learn the steps to becoming a great at the art.
    That's not to say that advanced artists can't learn something from the book as well; but being a beginner at the art I believe that it is somewhat unethical to give advise to those who are far better at pickup then myself. I will say that Savoy's book takes you through step by step basically "Barney style" (that's Marine jarrgon for very basic) through the method. The book gives an underlying theme of, in my opion, "perfection in the basics." That is to say that it conveys to the reader that there is no one thing that will win a woman. Instead a combination of different things done over and over in the right context to the situation will ultimately win her. Sounds like such a thing would apply to any book. In Magic bullets however it is simplified, to put it lightly.
    From your opener to seduction everything is mapped out to the "letter" with more than enough freedom for the imagination to run wild. As with most technology in this day and age, if Magic bullets were a computer program I would call it very "user friendly." I would also go so far as to say that it is very compatible with other methods. I can see it fitting in very well with David Deangelo's Cocky Funny as well as advanced NLP. I have to addmit that after spending alot of time in Fallujah it is easy to lose touch on how to interact with women. Considering the fact that Marines are ordered to not even look at Iraqi women ( trust me it causes more trouble than it's worth). I found it extremly helpful to have a book like this bring me back into the dateing "shark tank" as the shark instead of the bait. My advice to all is to get this book and let it do the same for you.
    "The second you settle for less then you deserve, is the second you deserve what you settled for."
    -Nostro

everyone who hasnt yet bought magic bullets...stop thinking about it and just do it. I have read mysterys book, the game, and own mysterys dvds...With all that prior material in my hands, the price of magic bullets was worth it after just a few pages. There is a lot more detail in this book than i was expecting. There is even teaching techniques used by the savoy. Just by it. I plan to do a full review in a few days when I finish it. By the way the day game and phone game chapters were great and with the $68...

MAGIC BULLETS = AWESOME !!!
    Read it!

Very really incredibly great...

Thanx guys,
    you're the best,

Love,
    Flavio

Which one of these is the best one for a newbie?
    Badboys new book,magic bullets or swinggcats book?
    Im mainly looking for how to tell an interesting story and how to build womens emotions so Im the guy they love talking to.
    Plus,some tricks for beating or distracting AA.

I think that the VAH is the best for starting out(DYD is great too) , It builds the foundations for understanding the rest of the methods out there .

MB is great for many reasons , They're are a lot of theories in VAH and methods like the bait reel hook release ,For example you dun have to release everytime unless you feel there's some tension , This is not mentioned in the VAH but comes from experience .

If you guys wanna see for sure how MB will improve your game further , Read the excellent articles of Sinn(Microcalibration is a favourite of mine) and you'll get a hint of how flexible and improved the techniques are .

So for me ,VAH and MB complete eachother , It's like the source and then the explanation by its true followers and practictioners .

NY - LI

im with seraph. to me, personally, Magic Bullets is the only book (e-book or not) on game that is worth the time and money invested in it (besides Badboys new e-book, but thats a different kind of method altogether)

go buy it. now.

-Rewok