Wine - Page 3

Thread: Wine

FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

If you like lighter reds try a Cote du Rhone from 2003 or 2004. For some reason, French and Italian wines seem smoother than American wines.

Silver

wines

Here are some good affordable wines that I've found, does anyone else have any specific suggestions? I drink mostly reds, but my favorite whites are rieslings.

Archetype Syrah
    R.H. Phillips (anything)
    Joel Gott (anything)
    A Mano Primitivo
    Amphorum Riesling
    Norton Malbec
    Bogle Petite Syrah
    Marquis Philips Cabernet Savignon

Enjoy

2001 Château de Lancyre Coteaux du Languedoc Pic St. Loup Vieilles Vignes. Should run under $20/bottle.

Thank me later.

Silver

Sterling Pinot Noir was great at about $12.

Yeah, GQ's article on wine tips were good, what the good and bad years are, completely agree about Australian wines not having a bad year, and agree about BevMo as a good deal. I was schooled on what the big deal with port wines are over the winter.. it's not for everyone.

If an outlet sells wines exclusively, you know the tastings are going on frequently, and they're usually helpful in helping you navigate into finding what you're going to really like.

Tons of reading material including a "Dummies" book. If you're taking a trip, chances are there's going to be a winery there.

I drink mostly Australian wines....yellowtail and Matties Perch. Excellent wines and very affordable too. I dont have expensive taste when it comes to wine

Your mom's house

My pick is Blackstone merlot-Blackstone cabernet sauvignon.

Depending where you go, it goes for 4-8 a bottle.

It always gets good reviews and tastes great.

When it comes to wine I prefer the reds, I hate white wine.

I do enjoy champagne--dry or extra dry. My dad just gave me two jumbo bottles of it (but they were Brut...what am I to do? )

Pink champagne adds a taste of fun and class if you have a woman coming over to play.

-cheez avenger
    Last edited by cheez avenger; 09-01-2007 at 10:43 AM.
    Look far and wide--there are worlds to conquer.

Online Sarging /Adopt a Philosophy of Abundance

Quote Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
    My pick is Blackstone merlot-Blackstone cabernet sauvignon.

Depending where you go, it goes for 4-8 a bottle.

It always gets good reviews and tastes great.

When it comes to wine I prefer the reds, I hate white wine.

I do enjoy champagne--dry or extra dry. My dad just gave me two jumbo bottles of it (but they were Brut...what am I to do? )

Pink champagne adds a taste of fun and class if you have a woman coming over to play.

-cheez avenger

I'm going to have to try that Blackstone Cab, I've been wanting to branch out and try some new stuff. The bottles I usually buy are around 5-7 too. You can never go wrong pre-gaming with a good bottle of Red

south america

Catena Malbec 2003. Should go for abour 20 bucks. Very very good stuff.

Hey guys, this question may be a little bit off, but what music would you put in a wine store? I am working on one and not very sure which music to play.

cheers.

Depends on the vibe you're going for, but I'd say 50s-60s jazz would be a solid choice for the wine crowd.