Keys to the VIP (PUA SHOW!)

1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Keys to the VIP (PUA SHOW!)

I was watching tv when i came across this show on the Comedy Network (Ontario) called "Keys to the VIP". It showcases a panel of 4 judges who pit two wanna-be PUAs (more or less) in a club scene, giving them objectives and seeing how they act. E.g. Start a conversation with a girl by insulting her shoes and try to get her # in five minutes.
    I caught the episode tonight and it was just kick ass!! I mean some of the stuff that was pulled by the PUAs is ridiculous and the commentary is great too. It's on next at 10:30 pm on Tuesday november 7, and is definitely a must-see for anyone interested in the community. Just thought i'd let you all know

Dark Side of the Moon Baby

I'll check it out man thanks for the heads up!

Oh lord, thanks for this heads up! I missed it when it was first broadcasted on the Comedy Network because I was out sarging that Friday night. I'll make sure to tune in this Tuesday.

In two words, this show KICKS ASS. I'm watching it RIGHT NOW. What's crazy is that the commentators actually know their shit. I just heard one talk about peacocking, plus another one was talking about neg's about 5 mins ago...actually.
    If you haven't seen it yet, download it or something.

This show is fucking HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just watched an episode with competitors Brandon and Patrick, who basically opened like sleazy players trying to get kisses and phone numbers within three minutes. Obviously this isn't solid game but it makes for wicked entertainment value for us viewers and those of us who know what's going on.
    I don't think the one I watched was the "shoes insult opener" episode that I was expecting. This means there are at least multiple episodes... sweet!
    But that means I didn't catch any of the community terms that Creation talked about.
    I'll be tuning in weekly.
    PS - There's already some clips on YouTube and I'm watching them like crazy!!!!
    EDIT - I'm watching the first episode on their website http://www.keystothevip.com, and holy shit it's as hysterical as the one I saw on TV earlier this evening.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 11-07-2006 at 08:40 PM.

6. HYSTERIA, i'm glad i'm not the only person who thought that both brandon and patrick didn't really exemplify "game". I too thought they were just really sleazy, and while they did definitely exude confidence and some sweet lines (e.g. I don't know how to salsa, but i'm sure we'd make great partners.....CLASSIC) i felt like they were gaming pretty much drunken clueless girls who didn't really even give them a chance to really prove they had game.

The competitors were pretty clueless too. Given a roadmap, such as Mystery Method, these guys can probably fine-tune and amplify their game.
    What I admire from these guys is BALLS and the initiative to go for kisses and phone numbers. Me, I tend to play it safe by waiting until I know I've done my gameplan in a way that is satisfactory to me, but I tend to be a pussy about claiming what I want and being direct about it. This is a missing element in my game that I am slowly incorporating, and that is making my [sexual] intent clear.
    What I didn't like was how predatory these guys looked as they looked around hunting their prey without even so much as a smile on their faces. They also grasped for a LOT of situational straws and were not adept at conversational ninjitsu aside from the few playeresque sexual lines that they threw. They could benefit from some canned material loaded with DHVs and chick crack and learn some Mystery Method.
    Other than that, if these are the "competition" at bars and clubs, fuckin' BRING 'EM ON. What's even better is that I seem to rarely see guys that even approach sets when I'm out in Ottawa. What the fuck should I be afraid of?

8. this might be a dumb question is comedy network the same as comedy central

This TV show is Canadian-made.
    Comedy Network is Canadian: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedy_Network
    Comedy Central is American: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedy_central

This show sounds hilarious...is there anywhere to get full episodes in the US? Besides entertainment purposes it would probably be a great help to actually watch people in action for body language, tone, etc.