Learning to Dance - Page 3

FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Midwest/South

heh, I've opened so many sets dancing that it's ridiculous. Just last night at an open outdoor bar set after set kept turning and pointing to me as I was just busting out some new stuff I was working on while they were playing old school hip hop. As I made my way to the bar all I kept hearing was "you're a good dancer" high fives from guys, chicks staring etc. Mind you I always go out by myself but I ended up in a mixed set and we venue changed to another bar and ended up having pizza later and kiss closing with one of
    the girls in the set.

2. My problem is going to a club and NOT dancing...

I sometimes go to the club just to dance and not pick up chicks...

I break dance... And house/tribal/techno frolic (dance).... search Milton Crobar...

This is because I go to Techno Clubs... in NYC Pacha, Crobar E.t.C....

Learn to break dance.... chicks dig that

and salsa as well :-)

This a little more simple for me since I been dancing since I was 5 years old. but if you really want to take up dancing, best i would suggest is Marengue, salsa, rumba. those are the best for clubs in my personal oppion even though I preffer Classical more

Quote Originally Posted by Slick101 View Post
    My problem is going to a club and NOT dancing...

I sometimes go to the club just to dance and not pick up chicks...

I break dance... And house/tribal/techno frolic (dance).... search Milton Crobar...

This is because I go to Techno Clubs... in NYC Pacha, Crobar E.t.C....

Learn to break dance.... chicks dig that

and salsa as well :-)
    Their are a lot of people that are against bboying in clubs, thinking its try hard.

I say "If you got it flaunt it", i have had so many warm approaches due to my dancing that before i got into the MM that was the only way i talked to girls at the bar. They would come up to me and tell me how great i was a dancing.

Last night i had an entire club talking about me and my dancing. I would have got a good chance to meet some girls if i didnīt accidentally slip while trying to climb up on stage and cut up my jaw (4 stitches). A friend said when ever she went to the bath room all the girls were talking about the canadian in the green fedora.

And a shout out to all my fellow bboy PUAs i think there are about 3 of us

5. If you have an xbox or ps2 you can play DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!!!!
    Seriously! .... not only is it ridiculously fun and satisfying...you will stay in shape (if you become skilled) and you will learn how to follow a beat.
    Its not "real" dancing although before I played I was a terrible dancer..now I can atleast pretend. I have acquired much better coordination and timing.

What you shouldn't forget that danceing is a big part of a girls social life. They do it for fun. Not so much to pick up men. Maybe you meat a girl in a bar and bounce to a club. You need to be able to enjoy yourself. If she likes to dance, You can take her danceing and if she has fun (more than likely) she will want to spend more time with you. You automaticly become more compatible because you have more in comon.

Oh those links to U-tube on C-walking are excelent I am going to use that a lot.
    Last edited by chris3; 08-30-2007 at 04:40 PM.

7. I dont think I'll ever be a good dancer. It's hard when you're tall.

Dancing is a great way to meet people, and to project that you're a fun, high-value guy who is comfortable in his own skin.

Fortunately for all of us, the standards for dancing in clubs are rather low. You don't need moves like Astaire in order to have fun and not look like a dork. Just practice some simple moves and learn to riff on them. If you're not sure where to start, I highly recommend checking out this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4SItPGEsjLQ . Bust out some of this stuff in a club, and you will own the place.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Geezer View Post
    I dont think I'll ever be a good dancer. It's hard when you're tall.
    I am 6'3" - 6'4" and I consider myself a great dancer.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hearts View Post
    I am 6'3" - 6'4" and I consider myself a great dancer.
    Throw tips my way lol