Sarging Alone....and why you should try it - Page 2
FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sydney, Australia

scoobs..very very nice work my man..
    some great pointers that i have now put to use in my game... i found earlier in my game i needed someone to be with me to sarge...now...im cleanin up like a council worker at a park..not to much but enough to get me paid lol
    all seriousness... this is where is it awesome in day game...by yourself so you can test yourself...this has paid off for me and im sure it will for all the guys here...
    best of here it comes

2. 09-21-2006, 05:52 AM

Reason
    Best of nomination

London, UK

Excellent post, definitely best of.
    It's made me think of how good it is to sarge alone (and how I might just do that tonight).
    About large sets (4+), you can still close (# only tho) from my knowledge, but act quick. The HBs fall back on each other and kill your game, so work the target for 10-15 minutes maximum, then get the hell out and day2.

4. Im stuck on sarging alone. Even when I take a few guys out with me Im still sarging alone. They will watch you and wish they had the courage to do what your doing but their ass doesnt leave the bar stool. If you have read the handbook or seen Mystery's videos your ahead of 75% of the people out there. Be like Nike just do it. If you want cheap practice go to a strip club. Its 20 dollars to get in but they have to talk to you. Fuck with them, at first they just want your money. When you see them settling for conversation instead your doing something right. Im a far cry from a PUA but I read the book on a plane from Dayton to Tampa and Im using it. Once I hit Key West I made an ass of myself with two three sets and then I meet some girls more open to what I was dropping. Johnny Death has it right. Most of your AFC friends end up blowing it for you. They end up hovering like Lovedrop advised against. You look like a tool because you brought your tool box. I would love to work with a wing or just another PUA, but until some show up around here Im on it alone and you better be too. You dont do anything well with out practice.

Cairns, Australia

Mate great post - some original thoughts put down on this thread which are going to be handy for anyone serious about pick up. Going out alone takes guts, and if you don't have a wing then it is a better option than saying at home.

Hamilton, Ontario

It's posts like this that make me say "eff it" I wanna go out sarging right now. Awesome suggestions dude. What I mostly picked up from your post was the idea of momentum; that is to say, start talkin with the bouncer, then the easy sets, and so on and so forth. I personally find the idea of sarging alone daunting but have done well at it in situations where I had legit excuse to be alone. I have to get more into the frame of mind where being alone is always legit. Thanks for the tips.
    -Clozer

7. 09-22-2006, 10:02 PM

Reason
    retarded

8. Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup View Post
    Excellent post, definitely best of.
    It's made me think of how good it is to sarge alone (and how I might just do that tonight).
    About large sets (4+), you can still close (# only tho) from my knowledge, but act quick. The HBs fall back on each other and kill your game, so work the target for 10-15 minutes maximum, then get the hell out and day2.
    I think what Scooby was talking about was that during a group set, the set breaks up before you have a lot of rapport with both the group or the target. Doing a number close right then wouldn't be worth it because neither of you really know each other yet.

9. So agree ,
    Sarging alone enables you the flexibility to do crazy stuff without worrig about effecting your wing ,such as leaving the club go to other part of town and etc .
    This way u can also fade in with many groups in the club like you knowing everyone .
    So yeah I've been surging alone for a while and it' my faivorite routine these days .
    Cheers
    Rythmic_a

10. 10-11-2006, 01:56 AM

11. Yeah dude, absolutely right on this point!
    Yesterday i went out sarging alone. First i opened one Warm-up set, then i went to the bar, open BL and teased a set of 3 HBs (Hb6,7, a. 8) Made Ec with HB8, before she looked away, i broke up EC and made a sort of cocky grin) You knwo what. She thougth, something is wrong with her and seeked validation from me. I love doing this so much! After 5 mins she came to the bar, of course close to me and ordered a drink. I looked at her, she smiled back. I went in and said:"You knwo what, you have a nice smile, but my dog can do this much better!" She with a WTF-look :"You have a dog!" ---> I was in! 15 minutes later i kissclosed her, after isolating her to another dance floor. Unfortuneately her younger friends were very annoying, searched after her and sticked with us together. So it was over. I got the phone number and a long goodbye-kiss. Maybe i meet her again. She was cute.
    I can absolutely recoment sarging on his own. Try it out. You will come across as mysterious and not the usual type of guy.
    Greetz,
    Daywalker!

12. 10-15-2006, 07:35 AM

When sarging alone I have also discovered a few more tips.
    Go early, before it gets crowded. I find it is easier to get to know the 10 or 12 people in the whole place and it makes me feel more comfortable. Then as the crowds roll in later I kind of have a "base" to go back to. Plus, by slowly befriending people who come in I really get a lot more sarges in otherwise. I have more time to sarge, and a lot of people who come later don't see my initial approaches so it just looks like I have friends everywhere.
    My other tip is to make it a regular thing. Once or twice a week at the same venue will solidify the hired guns AND you'll see some of the same people over and over again. Running into the acquaintance connections at the same place more than once has the same effect as removing to another location. I've used this method to fully penetrate multiple friend circles and get introduced to "friends-of-friends" etc...

14. 10-23-2006, 02:53 PM

15. 10-29-2006, 04:17 PM

16. 11-11-2006, 04:12 PM

17. 11-12-2006, 11:14 PM

Really good post.
    In regards to the staged phone call, my psychology teacher was on the phone the other week and what I heard would of been a really great:
    1. DHV
    2. Way to get them to open you (If they can hear you)
    Basically I heard, "Yeah, the roads through Istanbul will be pretty dusty, and once we get into Mongolia it's gonna be hell. Did you fit the roll cage?" I had no idea what he was talking about but later discovered he was entering the 'Mongol Rally', which begins in London and ends up in Ulan Bator, Mongolia (It's a charity race, look it up).
    Then the next day he was on the phone talking about a recent time that he was getting harrassed by a shark while scuba diving. These are things you can pretty much freestyle with a few basic pieces of information (Location etc.)
    Just thought I'd mention that as an idea. You can look at it as lying and fake or you can look at it as a harmless tool to help you achieve your goal.
    -Flipmode =o

19. 11-21-2006, 02:17 AM