Iíve decided to give my GF time to figure herself out?

1. Iíve decided to give my GF time to figure herself out?

Last night she opened up to me about what was going on:

Sheís clearly under a lot of stress. She said her headís an absolute mess, that sheís been questioning herself, that she isnít used to being in a relationship, amongst other things.

She did say that she has enough space, but based on the above I think some time to herself might help her figure things out.

This morning I sent her a message thanking her for being honest about her issues, that I understand her, and that I think itís best if she takes time to figure stuff out.

Maybe in time she will get in touch, but whatever she figures out: whether she wants to break up or stay together, I will respect it.

Iím not breaking up with her, I just think she needs some space.

I donít know if Iíve made the right choice.

You made the decision based on how you honestly felt or thought about the situation. I wonder what you're doubting again. You've done your part right.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Richardd View Post
    You made the decision based on how you honestly felt or thought about the situation. I wonder what you're doubting again. You've done your part right.
    Things have changed since Iíve posted thr OP - for the good:

- We didnít speak for 5 days, but then dhe reached out to me.

- I asked if she could come over, but due to her schedule itís very hard.

- She has mentioned several times though that A) She will come see me at some point (the holidays are next week anyway) B) Sheís said she would very much want us to go travelling together for the New Yearís

I think taking a step back really helped. I think I may have been overpursuing a bit and turning her off.

Anyway, things are looking good.

You are doing right. Mutual understanding is very necessary for a relationship. You should give her time to figure out and take any decision.