Sterling 10-Day Bootcamp - Las Vegas, July 2018 - Page 2

FirstFirst 12

10 Day review: LAS Vegas
    I am 48 years of age. About 7 years ago the Pick up artist on VH1 was my introduction to Game and I was hooked immediately. I was in a relationship at the time that was heading south. So I made a decision to immerse myself this scene and see what I could make of it.
    At the time my night game skills were non existent. I only ever had girlfriends through online dating or social circle and I would never approach on a night out. So after reading the Game, buying a load of Love Systems products, I did my first night game bootcamp. A few years later I did a Day game bootcamp and later again a did another night game bootcamp in Dublin.
    But I did not achieve any lasting change after any of these programs. And inevitably, I would regress to my pre bootcamp standard (that would be pretty useless) after a short period of time.
    I decided that the only way to achieve permanent change was to apply for Project Rockstar. As many reading these reviews will know, this programme (if you qualify), costs an arm and a leg. But I was prepared to pay this price.
    I did three interviews but I did not make it on to the programme. During the final interview I chatted to Andrew and he suggested that the 10 day might be a better fit for me. And maybe if Rockstar was continued next year I could apply for that if I felt the need.
    So after not qualifying for Rockstar and viewing this as yet another rejection, I went into a pretty dark place. I felt that I had missed the boat. That I was now too old. All these programmes that I had paid big money for did not bring about the change I needed. Not even close.
    So I wrote an e-mail that I am not proud of and gave Love systems both barrels. (I didn't realize at the time that Project Rockstar and Love Systems were separate entities). I won't go into the details but it wasn't pretty.
    So Andrew got back to me and we had 2 or 3 phone chats. It was during these chats it was explained to me how I was caught in this vicious cycle and how my mind was working against me. So I decided that I owed it to myself to give the 10 day a go.
    I know some of the other guys will have written reports and probably detailed what went on most days and nights. I have chosen not do read their reports until I finished mine. Mainly because I want to write a report based on my recollections and not be guided by the writings of others. For this reason I'm not going to detail what happened each day and night as it's probably been done already. My goal in writing this report is hopefully relate to other guys in a similar age bracket to myself and who are currently considering this programme.
    Point to note: if you partake in this programme, you must act on the instructions and tasks given to you on the various nights out. You are doing yourself a disservice if you do not. I learned this the hard way and very nearly left the programme because of it.
    At about day 4 of the programme I had not been following the instructions for the nights out & ended up doing the things that I had always done when approaching women. And I achieved the same results that I had always received. (That would be.. not good!) There is a big emphasis in the programme about getting in state. And part of this process is "The sacred hour" where for the first hour, or for every long it takes, you are to have conversations with everyone, short interactions, the purpose of which is to put yourself and the people you talk to in a good mood. I had huge difficulty with this as I always had issues with striking up conversations with guys that I don't know in a social scene. As a result, I didn't do this requirement and it was becoming very apparent that I was the least progressive person in the group. I'm quite a competitive person so that didn't sit well with me at all.
    On the 5th night, which was not an official night out, a few of us went to a club. It was incredibly loud, full of guys and didn't seem so be much opportunity for interaction. My mood took a particular steep nosedive that night to such an extent that I left early & decided that I would fly out the following morning. The following morning I did indeed change my flights and told the guys that I was sharing with. And one of those guys let Andrew know.
    So Andrew came out to the house about an hour later and I was firmly resolved that he would not change my mind. And we talked for a hour and at the end of it I agreed to attend class that day as my flight was not scheduled until the following morning.
    That day was to be one of the more profound experiences of the 10 day programme. And guess who was up first.
    The whole group gathered in a circle. I suppose you could call it an intervention really and all of us went through it. In short, you sit down with Andrew with the group looking on and Andrew encourages you to relax and let your mind go free. You are encouraged to search your past and thing of an incident that had a negative impact on your life. You relive that moment, you realize that the thoughts and beliefs you created in that moment are the thoughts and beliefs (for me, as a10 year old) are not true and do not reflect the thoughts and beliefs of an adult. You feel the negative emotions at are encouraged to let them build up into a rage. You then vent that rage, usually by screaming at the top of your voice. After which you feel a weight being lifted. You then have a conversation with that person in your past as you are now and vent your opinions and the you ask them to leave.
    I'm sure there a few that will read the above paragraph and say "what the fuck". This is a big hardcore. This is a bit uncomfortable. This isn't what I want to sign up for. And none of us had any idea that this was part of the programme.
    Well, for me, and most others for that matter, this was a huge turning point. Yes it's a bit hardcore and you are really opening up. But it is so necessary. And for me things changed from that poing on. It was quite an emotional experience and I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.
    That day I changed my flights back to the original booking and opted to stay. That night, which was an official night, I opted to go out and had an instructor to myself for the whole night. There was no agenda, the purpose of the night was to enjoy myself and get in a social mood. And for the most part the night was a success.
    The following night my interactions with women were staring to improve a lot. I was approaching women as a confident male, without neediness, and I was consistently getting in more and more enjoyable interactions. And guess what, this showed in my mood and I was getting looks and smiles from some seriously hot women. This just did not happen to me before.
    The next night, (night 8 I believe) was the best night for me. It was the first time in my life where I went to a club environment and enjoyed the whole night I had always had a view that clubs were places associated with pain and rejection.
    I was actually properly in State pretty much the whole night. I was all a blur really and I had more interactions than I can count. I don't think I got any rejections that night at all. The hand in your face, girls turning away, verbally telling you to leave, all this stuff that had happened on earlier nights just was not happening any more.
    So, after all is said and done, with the course wrapped up and now back in Stockholm and after a period of almost 2 weeks to take it all in, how do I feel & was it worth it.
    The 10 day is a full on experience, there is no doubt and you are out most nights. When your nights are not so good, you have the opportunity to chat to your fellow students and reboot as such. But back in the real world, and it's certainly the case for me, I'll be going out alone for the most part that option of touching base with friends isn't there. This has always been a struggle for me. And more so as I get older. So has the 10 day given me enough skills or changed my inner beliefs to such an extent to make going out solo much easier?
    Not entirely. There just isn't enough time. You have to be totally immersed in a programme like Rockstar for 9 weeks to create permanent and lasting change for the better. Indeed, a few of the participants of project Rockstar have already done the 10 Day and other Bootcamps.
    And I have to admit the first weekend after I came back to Stockholm I actually didn't go out at all.
    But, and it's a bit but. There was two massive things I took away from this experience which made it all worthwhile.
    1) Let go of the outcome, get into a positive state and enjoy the experience: I always used to go out with a goal in my head of getting in to a lengthy conversation with a girl or getting a phone number as an absolute minimum and anything less than this would be a failure. Those beliefs have led to many miserable nights out for me. I now see how damaging these beliefs were.
    2) Recognize the self destructive cycle: For years my nights out would follow the same pattern. Get ready, listen to loud music to get in state, head out in good form, walk in to a pub in reasonable good form. Then realize that there was mostly men in the pub, any girls were usually in groups or mixed sets. And there would be no easy targets. And I would just look around and not talk to anybody. My mood would start going downhill. Eventually I would build up the courage to say a few words to a girl at the bar getting a drink. The interaction would be short. Ended because the girl would see the neediness and that I clearly was not enjoying myself. At about this stage the negative thought would come flooding in. I'm too old, ugly, thin, bald and so forth. How could any of these pretty girls like someone like me. What the fuck am I doing here. Why am I in this situation at 48 years of age. Then I would head home, usually after less than 1 hour in the pub with a mood nothing short of poisonous. Sometimes this would start a depressive period of a few weeks. Then I'd come out of this and the whole cycle would begin again.
    I now recognize this destruction cycle of thinking. But recognizing it is just part of the process and is no good unless one takes action to correct this way of thinking.
    I went out last night. It was my first night out since coming back from Vegas. I went out alone. First port of call was a blues rock bar to get in a good state. Tried making conversation with 2 girls and lasted 1 sentence. OK, no probs. Next pub. Mood beginning to slip. Thought I looked like I was enjoying myself but caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror & all I could see was a miserable old fuck. Downhill cycle starting now on cue. Decided there and then to get out of the city and not to come out again. And I made it as far as the underground station.
    Stop! Fuck off negative cycle. Not tonight! Reality check. From my recent experiences in Vegas and in Stockholm, am I an old fuck unworthy of the attentions of attractive girls quite a bit younger than myself? Actually, that would be no. Before the 10 day I had gone on a date with a hot girl half my age that I chatted up in the Greek restaurant where she worked. And kissed closed later. Set up a date with another hot girl that works at the Gym. I had quite a few interactions in Vegas with younger girls that showed positive attraction towards me.
    Right, negative thoughts put on hold. Get back on the horse. I then went to an Irish pub. There was a girl at the bar. I started taking to her. Jesus it was clunky. But she stayed talking to me. We chatted for an hour. Then went to another bar to listen to more music. Went to another bar after that & kiss closed & got into some deep conversation. And I'm meeting here again tonight.
    The actions of the last paragraph just would not have happened to a pre 10 day me. It would have triggered another depressive cycle. Now, as I type this I am in a coffee shop in a Mall Stockholm checking out the talent walking by as I type this report. My mood is buoyant. I have a date ahead of me tonight. And I feel good!

2. test

3. I came onto the 10 day via my application for Rockstar 2018. I am in my late 40s and had kind of given up on the old school game. I had had numerous years of various products, bootcamps and 1to1 coaching working at game. This included a 1 and half year period of going out 3 to 5 times a week, night time and day. It had been a lot of time, money and effort. There had been some success but nowhere near enough for me to justify what I was putting in.
    My initial enthusiasm had gone. Going out just felt like “a job”, an unenjoyable chore that I put my self through various times a week. I felt it just didn’t work. It was a vast amount of time and effort put into something you don’t enjoy, to only end up with very few successes. It also impacted detrimentally on my business and family.
    Towards the end of this period, routines felt wooden and I felt inauthentic. I just felt like an impostor at venues. A guy going out, not having fun, not really feeling like he belongs there, feeling weird, doing multiple approaches with very little belief that success would come.
    I felt burnt out and decided to completely stop for a month or two and see if I could get my motivation back. This few months turned into over 18 months. I just couldn’t go back to that life. I knew inside that this system was not right, regardless of whether I could improve on the outer techniques, internally I just felt wrong.
    I had read quite a bit on Rockstar at the end of 2017 and felt the “Simplified Natural” approach appealed. The focus on internal issues felt right for me. There was quite a bit on inner game, masculinity, authenticity, lifestyle, giving mindsets v taking mindsets and actually enjoying going out. I applied and got through to the final interviews where I was advised that right now, Rockstar would probably overwhelm me, but the 10 day would be appropriate for my situation. I paid my deposit and spent the next few months flipping from being excited about it to thinking I was about to throw more good money after bad!
    DAY ONE We learnt about the 2 pillars of the programme, Fulfilment (Inner Game) and Performance (Outer Game). We learnt about the idea of building a “Container” where as a group (10-day students, Rockstar Students, Coaches, Past Alumni) we could have space to grow and heal as much as we can in 10 days. This would give us the trajectory to carry this growth and healing when we got back to our homes. The aim being, to live a fulfilled life. Good game is a by product of this growth and healing.
    We learnt about how our mind is always keeping us “safe” and how society is designed to keep us “safe”. How fulfilment and happiness are not part of this agenda.
    We learnt about “having agency” in the things that you do i.e. doing things because you want to and choose to do them rather than doing things to serve the mind/society’s goal of keeping you safe.
    We learnt about the “conquering/taking” mentality of old school game vs a “surrendering/giving mentality”. People are out to have fun. If you are not out to have fun and give, the energy of the venue will reject you. Learning how to have fun + good outer techniques = great, awesome nights. This really resonated with me.
    Our task for the night was simple. 1) Go into the club and invite the possibility of having fun and letting go. We had to have interactions using very dry conversation that had no agenda behind it whilst not caring about the outcome. 2) Talk to everyone and just get plugged into the social environment.
    It was incredible how some girls just would not blow you out regardless of the fact the conversation was so neutral. It was an eye opener how long some of these neutral conversations lasted. Girls are much friendlier when you have no agenda. I struggled with second exercise, but I did kind of have fun that night.
    DAY TWO After a debrief of the night before we continued with the concepts of learning how to have fun, not trying to impress, not comparing yourself to others, not beating yourself up.
    We learnt about how the “Sacred Hour” gets you out of your mind and into your body to a place of fun. In this hour you have lots of mini interactions with many people) at the beginning of a night. It gets you to a place where you are in state where you can have a lot of fun. This process is the battery for the whole night
    We then learnt about using humour that you find funny, not humour to impress others or what you think others will find funny. This links in to the concept of enjoying yourself with out trying to impress. There was a great presentation on how to have flirty conversations with your style of humour using techniques such as misinterpretation, role-reversal, self-depreciation, accusations, stereotypes and exaggeration.
    The task that night was to 1) Do the “Sacred Hour” and then 2) practice having as much banter/flirty conversations as possible and taking this humour to the limit
    I found the “Sacred Hour” difficult but did get to a phase in the night where I was having fun, saying stuff that was making me laugh and not really caring about the outcome.
    DAY THREE After the debrief we had a presentation on how to get maximum value and use out of a Las Vegas table
    We then got into the 4 types of conversation that you need to master 1) Normal 2) Flirty 3) Sexual and 4) Deep. The more you can use all 4 types and the greater the “oscillation” you use combining them, the higher the chance of a girl becoming attracted to you and crazy stuff happening.
    We also learnt how you use these 4 conversation threads and oscillation varies in different cultures.
    We then touched on masculine energy, feminine energy and the idea of polarity and attraction between them.
    During the Q & A session I learnt about how my mind was tricking me to keep me safe whilst never being fulfilled. I was shown a kind of loop that looks like the infinity symbol. In my case, I was going out hopeful of something good happening, if I got too many bad reactions in a row I would give up and go home. I would feel bad. The hope would then come back, I would go out, if I got to many bad reactions in a row……rinse and repeat, a never-ending infinity loop. This is what I had been doing on my nights out back home. You need to learn how to beat your mind when it is keeping you safe for unnecessary reasons.
    The antidote to this was: Go out to have fun, no agenda, no expectation, keep going out, let yourself go. Good things will happen as a by product
    That night we went out and continued with the sacred hour + fun, flirty conversations. I had a pretty good night. I had some fun interactions with attractive women and bad reactions did not sting as much as before. Learning about that infinity loop had shifted my thinking. Quite a few ex alumni talked to me, gave me encouragement and support. I spoke to Andrew and thanked him for asking them to do this, he knew nothing about it! It felt very good, knowing these guys were trying to help me just because they wanted to.
    DAY FOUR In the debrief Andrew emphasised the ideas of plugging into the social network, having fun, having no expectation, not being hard on yourself, trusting and surrendering to this process, letting go, being bold and getting into you body and out of your mind. With this strategy you get value from within therefore you have a great night regardless of the outcome. The old strategy can get you laid occasionally, but ultimately it is a bad strategy. You are getting value from an external source. You only feel good if you have a good interaction or get laid.
    He mentioned 2 signs that you are doing it right. First you glance at your phone and think wow its 2am already and second you cannot remember a word of your interactions. I was glad that both those things had happened the night before.
    We then went into the “Depth” conversational thread. Learning how to convey our life stories in a way that really connect and resonate with the listener. You must filter the story through the various core drives of humanity. The result is moving from factual story to an emotional one that makes connection much easier.
    The guys with the best game are the ones that have the highest oscillations in the 4 conversation threads. The more emotions and contrasts, the more chemistry is built
    That night we did not go out. We had dinner then came back to the mansion for a pretty tough night. All the 10-day students plus all the Rock Stars stayed up till around 4.30 into the night. One by one telling their life stories and the internal issues affecting them, things they may never have told anybody before. It was very emotional and would be the foundation of personal “interventions” we would have in the following days.
    DAY FIVE Following on from the previous night’s “Circle of Trust” we learnt about how suppressing emotions and locking stuff away actually limits your access to not only that emotion but it’s opposite counterpart too. This reduces the spectrum of emotions you can feel. The more emotions you cut out the smaller this spectrum becomes.
    It is good to feel emotions, it leads to authenticity, you become more open, people like being around you and it becomes easier to form good relationships.
    We talked about the masks we where and how they limit our ability to connect and give energy.
    We talked about being in the top of our minds (survival, conquest, significance) compared to being in the bottom of our minds (being in your body, trust, surrender, letting go, just being). We also touched on being able to access a spiritual realm when we do these exercises, surrender and get deeper and deeper into trust.
    We learnt further about the model of game, a pyramid with 9 sections. The upper half of the pyramid being related to outer game. The lower half being related to Inner Game. It makes a lot of sense.
    The night was not an official night out. Some of us did go out and despite being a night which I would have classed bad previously (not many good reactions, low amount of people, very loud, closing unexpectedly early) I was still glad I went. I still kind of had fun.
    DAY SIX This was the start of the “Interventions” which from my understanding were designed to address personal issues, begin a process of healing, opening up emotionally, give you agency to bypass your minds auto programme to keep you safe, let your masculine energy resurface, help you let go of the past
    We did 5 people that day, mine being the last. They were pretty intense to watch and even more so to participate in. I really let go in mine. I got rid of a lot of pent up emotion. I felt my masculinity surging back. I felt very different afterwards, very difficult to explain how but I just felt much better.
    The people who did them seemed to have completely different postures (more upright and confident) and facial expressions (much softer, relaxed) afterwards. This was more than a bit out of my comfort zone, but the interventions did seem to do something very positive.
    We then had a presentation on Body Language and Sub Coms. This was very useful, with coaches acting out various scenarios as it was easier to do it and show it than talk about it. When you add Body Language conversation to the oscillation of the 4 conversation threads, it is a very powerful combination.
    We talked about active and passive sub coms. We talked about how the limits of touch are much higher than you think they are. There was a lot of interesting and useful information in this presentation.
    The tasks for tonight were 1) Sacred Hour 2) Flirting and Normal Convo 3) Masculine Energy 4) BL-Sub Coms
    Despite destroying my voice in the intervention, I had my best night out of the 10 days. The previous 4 days plus the effects of the intervention resulted in a night where I felt freer, bolder and manlier. I had no expectation. I had a large amount of blow outs (due to using much more touch) but it didn’t bother me. I had fun most of the night. For me, I did pretty bold things physically where girls got very attracted very quickly then suddenly would bail (due to speed of what was happening) or be taken by their friends. I managed to summon a girl from a busy private table purely by eye contact and hand movement.
    It was noisy, I had difficulty using my voice, I didn’t particularly like the music but somehow, I did have fun!
    DAY SEVEN In our debriefs we talked about having faith in the process. Following it will lead to success. Right now, it feels like you have “light grip” on the new things you have learned. The more you do it the stronger the grip will become on the various mindsets and techniques. You must have a philosophy of fun for success. “I am a gift, I have a lot to give, this is my party, and everyone is my guest!” Go on with this mindset of “I know the girl is going to like me “rather than “hoping she likes you” or “what can I do to make her like me”
    We then covered the concept of “Boldness”, verbal and nonverbal. Talking about intent and focus and bringing that to every interaction.
    We then witnessed more interventions. Again, it was a tough watch but a powerful learning experience. You get to realise that are our own issues/problems are not so unique. The types of issues and blockages are much more common than you would think. Watching the interventions gives you more empathy for others.
    Before leaving we did a “Dynamic Meditation” which was crazy and intense. This was the only part of the week I did not really get. Think the idea behind it, I think, was to learn to let go, not care what others are thinking, surrender to uncomfortableness/pain and learn to appreciate success. It involved a lot of shouting, physical endurance and random breathing patterns that just left my voice and energy levels worse!
    That night we went out again, lack of sleep + voice loss was catching up with me. I think this night was my toughest. There seemed a lower amount of people and I struggled getting into state. Despite this, I did have some interactions where I could practice what I had learnt over the past week. Also, I got to see our coach that night, Blake, give lots of demonstrations where he was “bringing the fun”
    Again, despite being a “tough” night, I still had fun and did not want to leave
    DAY EIGHT On the debrief Blake outlined how every night out is a “win”. Just being out will cause growth, even if it was not the best night.
    We then witnessed more interventions. I learnt the following from watching these
    If you hold onto hate/suppress it, you cut off the ability to love (reducing your emotional spectrum)
    Love is not conditional, you don’t have to achieve anything to be loved. The reality is that love is just there, it always has been. Love, trust, connection cannot be had when you suppress or hold onto bad emotions
    There was then a presentation on sexuality. We talked about our attitudes towards sex, sexual conversations, how women see sex, making it normal to talk about sex. We also touched on leading, pulling the trigger and logistics
    We talked more about using oscillation to access the full range of emotions.
    A concept I found useful in this part was the idea that she is watching a movie, where you are the hero. She is cheering you on, hoping you don’t do anything weird. Every obstacle you pass she is cheering you on.
    We then talked a little bit more about masculinity, how it is not something you learn or a technique. It is a part of you and always has been.
    The night out for me was difficult, as still the voice was recovering. I still got a lot out of seeing my coach Rob, being in state, keeping going with a fun attitude despite numerous blow outs. I also learnt a few sub coms from him that let me do stuff without needing to speak. Again, due to the new mindsets, I never felt like going home early.
    DAY NINE The debrief with Rob emphasised the attitude he had shown the night before. Having fun, not caring about the outcome, getting into state and not leaving long time between interactions.
    We then had a general debrief for everybody. You must accept that there will be some bad nights, give in and surrender to the difficulty. You need to make the decision before you go out that you are going to have fun and that you will do the things you have to do to get you to that place.
    We talked about healthy mindsets to get into state versus unhealth mindsets e.g. “This is my party and everybody here is a guest” v “I am better than everybody else here”
    There were then short presentations on infield coaching (Asia/Europe Immersion) and phone coaching that would be available after the course.
    We then had a presentation on logistics that covered leading, making decisions, getting valuable information, being bold, handling friends, removing and overcoming obstacles like it was all part of the plan. There was a lot of useful information in this section.
    DAY TEN On the final day we did the last intervention, again I learnt from this and feel my levels of empathy for others has gone up significantly over the past few days.
    We then had a useful presentation on texting, social media, using the same philosophy of the model rather than old style “gamey” text. This bit also covered going on dates
    Next Alexandra, a past alumni, gave a presentation I was really looking forward too on “Conditioning”. It was about moving from negative self-talk to positive self-talk. The idea was that Happiness is 1) a muscle you can train and 2) a choice. It covered gratitude, applauding yourself, not being hard on yourself amongst other concepts.
    It also covered using the power of habits to minimise the amount of energy/willpower you use when on this journey. You build up good habits one by one.
    We then finished the 10 days with a presentation from Ian, a past alumni who was one of the 3 worst cases they had ever had. He is now flying in all areas of life as well as game. It was inspiring to listen to his journey towards self-acceptance and then incredible success. There was a lot of overlap with Alexandra’s talk on achieving happiness.
    BREATHING EXERCISES: Also, during the 10 days we had various days after lectures where we did a meditative breathing exercise called psychotropic breathing. We would put on masks that completely blocked out the light and use a breathing technique that would result in more oxygen going into the body than normal. The speeds of this breathing would vary and there would also be parts where you held breath. These sessions would lead to a crescendo where you then suddenly just relaxed, went to normal breathing whilst still blind folded, music would be played. After a while, masks would come off and then students would be given the chance to relay to the group what experiences they had.
    On my first day of this, absolutely nothing happened for me and I was very disappointed. When I chatted Alex about this he mentioned that maybe I had put too much expectation on it. The next 3 times we did it, I went in without expectation and got a more powerful effect each time.
    It is difficult to explain what happened, but I honestly felt I had had some kind of spiritual experience. I saw rich colours changing into beautiful shapes and animals. For a brief beautiful moment, I had a feeling of complete peace and happiness.
    CONCLUSION It was a very intense and expensive 10 days. I underestimated how demanding it would be, but I think it was worth it. I feel I now have many ideas and tools to improve my inner game, become more open to my emotions, be more empathetic and have a much better attitude when out. The spiritual aspect, masculinity and conditioning are things that I will explore further. There is a lot more here in this course than just “game”
    I also know exactly what I must do when going out. To have fun, be authentic, and just be a guy that people want to be around. Simplified natural is not routine based, I feel that it is a model that works and is sustainable. In that 10 days, for the first time in my life I had fun in a night club. It did not come from the music, dancing, alcohol or from validation from others. It came from me.
    Another positive of this programme was the other guys that I met. I shared a big Airbnb with 9 other students for the whole 10 days, most had gone through the Rockstar application too. We spent the next 10 days going to lectures and activities at the Rockstar mansion, going to clubs at night, eating together, talking about the night before and sharing personal stories. I think we bonded and I have made some good friends here.
    The challenge for me now is to implement what I have learnt and replicate this back home without the safety net of the 10-day students, rocks stars and coaches. If I can achieve this then the price paid was totally worth it and more.

4. This review is a review of the 10-day bootcamp in Las Vegas July/August 2018 from a "10-day guy".

How I came to this program
    I had had a couple of bootcamps. These bootcamps made me progress from a point where I wouldn't speak to any stranger at all – especially not a woman - to a point that I could have a short normal conversation with strangers – men or women. I was still too afraid of approaching a group of strangers and too afraid of touching. However, time was going by, and I my age approached 37, and I figured that if I want to have a family, I needed to progress further and soon. When I got an e-mail in the beginning of the year that you can apply for “Project Rockstar” (of which I had read and heard before) and that it might be the last one, I didn't hesitate and applied. I did not qualify for that program, but did this 10-day instead.

Is this 10-day bootcamp like a "normal" 3-day bootcamp, just 10 days long?
    The short answer is no.
    A bit more in detail: It has to be said that this 10-day bootcamp is part of "Project Rockstar" for the ones that qualified for that program. Some of us “10-day guys” (including myself) had applied for Project Rockstar, but hadn't qualified, others had directly opted for the 10-day bootcamp. I knew in April that I didn't qualify, but got the handout for the nutrition and fitness program for the rockstars for taking the 10-day bootcamp. Initially, I had intended to do both the nutrition and the fitness program, however, as I had already not qualified for the Project Rockstar, I couldn't get kicked out of that program. So when I realized how much of the time it took, I only stuck to the nutrition part of the program. This program made me lose 18 kg of weight, and I passed from 30.1 % body fat to 11 % within three months. So I had already a positive experience with the program and accordingly a good self-esteem before the actual 10-day bootcamp began.
    Additionally, Andrew had introduced us “10-day guys” to each other via a messaging app as soon as he knew our contacts. So we could communicate in order e.g. to share a stay (if you have the possibility, I highly recommend doing that. Most of us “10-day guys” shared one house. Unfortunately, some contacts came to Andrews knowledge too late).
    Having available the time of 10 days (instead of 3) not only changes the time spent on learning, but enables a change in the learning environment. I have already mentioned that many of us have shared a house. This made exchange of thought after class and/or after going out and/or while having breakfast possible.
    Similarly, the “rockstars” were sharing a mansion (where we had our lectures as well).
    Also, we introduced a container on the first day, i.e. we agreed upon rules, which set an environment where we could share our experiences without shame. A big part of what we learned and experienced in the program could only be done because we had that container in place and we had built trust in each other.
    While on day one Andrew (Sterling) declared something like that during the program we all form one class and there is no difference between "10-day guys" and "rockstars", that difference remained. Let me be clear, the instructors cherished everyone's questions and helped everyone (maybe that is all, what Andrew actually meant). Also, there was a team/class feeling.
    Nonetheless, the “rockstars” shared their mansion, most of us “10-day guys” shared a house. So it feels only natural that the bond was stronger within the group (10-day or rockstar) than the others of the class. It didn't help to break these lines of group that we went to the club in smaller groups (roughly three students per instructor) that were sub-groups of the two main groups (instead of mixed groups).
    For at least the above reasons, I would qualify the learning environment of the 10-day bootcamp fairly different from a “normal” bootcamp.

What did we do in the program?
    The day before the program began most of us 10-day guys meet in the house that we share for the duration of the program. Up to this point we only know each other by text (e-mail or messaging app). Some of us have troubles in getting to Las Vegas at all.

Day 1: We come to the mansion, which is the place where the “rockstars” live and where we have our lectures. As I do not know any of the rockstars, I feel intimidated. As they have done the fitness program, most of them look muscular. I do not know that some of the people that I do not know are also 10-day guys.

We make a presentation of ourself to a paired partner and present that paired partner to the rest of the class. The ice begins to break. We set up the rules for the container and get a little bit of theory for the night. On the first night, we focus a) on maintaining a boring conversation and b) on having fun.

Day 2: We speak about the night of day 1. We learn about the “sacred hour” (time spent to get “into the body”) and about humour. We start with a breathing exercise performed also in the following days. We practice the theory at night.

Day 3: We speak about the night of day 2. We learn from each others experiences (the positive and the negative ones!) We learn about flirtatious conversation, and the existence of normal, deep, flirtatious, and sexual conversation.

Day 4: We speak about the night of day 3. We learn from each others experiences (the positive and the negative ones!) We learn more about deep conversation. We make an exercise on deep conversation.

In the night we have a circle of trust.

Days 5 to 8 we focus on inner game. We still go out at nights and debrief the next morning.

Day 9: We learn about logistics. The instructors present some programs that we can have after the 10-day bootcamp.

Day 10: Text game.

Was the 10-day worth the money?
    This is a diffficult question. As explained above, I had originally applied for Project Rockstar. In one of the interviews already (and also later in class), Andrew stated (I believe he cited someone, but I don't remember who) that people overestimate what they can achieve in 10 days and underestimate, what they can achieve in two years. It is a two year's journey that I am on. The program has given me awareness and a “light grip” (as Andrew calls it) on things I have to work on. Maybe my expectations had also increased (too much) because of the very positive effect of the nutrition program (as explained above) and of some progress during the program. But to be entirely honest, I am definitely still quite far from how good with women I had hoped to be. My minimal outcome from this program was that I will gain enough momentum in game that I can continue when I am back at home and “soon” (without a precise date) be good enough to attract/date an attractive woman when I want to. That “soon” will probably have to be revised towards the two-year time limit. A time frame where I would have hoped to found a family.
    On the other hand, I am still convinced that some day I will achieve my goals, and also, that I needed the awareness of some of these aspects I have to work on. We are still to get some of the material, which I will need sometime in the future for revision.

Does the program turn one into a weired PUA-dude?
    I don't think so. Yes, there are times where I have to look where the boundaries are, and yes at these times I am (sometimes way) out of my comfort zone. But all in all, I still feel, that I am myself. I use(d) some lines that were taught because there was sometimes too little time during the 10-day bootcamp to individualise the lines to get the “light grip” of an aspect, but first of all we had to have fun ourselves.

Is the material unique?
    At least in parts, I believe so. Andrew's ability of understanding what the students are thinking is amazing. He can read one's mind better than we can read our own. He can point out some (even subconscious) rules (false belief) that hinder the student in doing the right thing. Once having awareness thereof, the student can consciously act against the false belief. As to other material, it looks quite standard to me (e.g. logistics).
    There is an emphasis on having fun when going out and on focusing on happiness.
    In contrast to Love Systems, the mobile phone is considered a means for conversation, and not just a means of logistics. Some of the material is still to come.

Was the bootcamp a (spiritual) awakening?
    I have to say I hardly believe in religion. Whether I am agnostic or atheistic may vary from day to day. At some point in the bootcamp I felt awakened (alive, as I hadn't before). There were definitely some special experiences. As an nonreligious person, I still do not call it a spiritual awakening. Others may disagree.

What about the instructors?
    Andrew is amazing. He can read our minds better than we can our own. This program has a focus on “inner game”. This program involves a lot of trust and surrendering (to tasks). Andrew and Alex know well what they are teaching. This helps a lot in just trusting their methods. Andrew's and Alex' experience in the field is absolutely mind-blowing. ;-) The other instructors and also the alumni are very helpful when going out in the evening. As to the other instructors' teaching (concerning outer game), I often felt that they hat too little time to teach what they wanted to teach. I definitely had too little time for taking notes and I still think that for a 10-day bootcamp some material should have been covered, that wasn't or was just barely (e.g. fashion or day game). Text game was covered, but not in a digestible way. We have been promised more reading material for that. I hope that this will clear that part up.
    Still, I want to emphasize that when going out, all the instructors and also the alumnis (former Project Rockstar students) were of great help. They spotted errors that I was not aware of. Or gave good advice on errors that I knew I made, but didn't know how to address. They offered their help where they could.

After the program
    It is difficult to say at this point (about two weeks after the program) whether the contacts will remain or will fade. However, in contrast to the former “normal” bootcamps that I had we have established a group in a messaging app and at least some of us are still active in the group. So I am confident that this will be a source of support, reminder, and motivation that we are on our way of self-improvement. Some of us may even meet up again.

My impression of the 10 day. First off, this 10 day was unique in that we pretty much began our 10 day program the same days as the Rockstars began their program. So, there was a large group with fifteen 10 day'ers and over 20 Rockstars, plus alumni and coaches. I realize this was valuable to the experience because we had lots of energy among us, each had experiences to share, and it really made the time lots of fun and we could lean on each other in many ways. I felt that some of the Rockstar (RS) class saw their group as different, or special, but honestly, we are all in the same boat and have a desire to improve ourselves by taking action and doing it together. I now see them as brothers because of the time and experiences we shared. It's clear that a large group is a key part in make the program successful for everyone. It's that “container “approach that Andrew and Blake use that bonds us and takes us forward together. I think its tough to avoid this hierarchy for some people, as I experienced a similar experience in the military with the ranking and rating hierarchy, but you ultimately get what you put into the program. I applied for RS and was not accepted, but at the end of my 10 day I felt like I don't need the full RS program, however, it would be awesome to do it and certain I would grow significantly in a short amount of time, plus you get to party with great guys.

Upon arrival, Andrew told us we came for X but well get Y. We got X, or Outer Game, but most of us knew there was more than just outer game that we needed, that is the Inner Game part.

I feel like the 10 day helped me put that missing piece together into my own life experience and influence shell. It didn't solve all of my life problems or make me an instant god of picking up any woman, or some kind of super confident social guy, and I certainly didn't expect or need that. I just wanted help in fully understanding outer game, but more importantly learning about myself enough to understand what holds me back and gives me that feeling of fear and anxiety in my life. I have my outgoing social days and then I have my introverted, in my head days too. I think most men do. I wanted to deal with specific personal challenges with this program, and doing a 3 day boot-camp was not enough outer game and certainly no real inner game work on myself. I held things inside that ultimately caused me to allow my inner self and my life experiences to hold me back from being me, from ben being who I really am. Its tough to explain, but the feeling is extraordinary. Specifically, those feelings in communicating with women and people in general, and the negative BS my mind feeds me daily were two challenges I wanted to understand and conquer. In fact, many of us walked into the program with these ridiculously unrealistically high expectations that we should be able to conquer and get what we want from a woman or others by conquering hard or differently, and that the outcome would magically appear through some sort of special training or coaching. It's funny to look back at the program and reminisce about each others expectations, mine included!

We all had fucked up expectations inside our head, some of us for so long, that you don't even realize they are their holding you back. This pissed me off when I realized it and I had a feeling about this before the program, but I couldn't really fully deal with it or had the guidance I needed. I have spent years prior to the 10 day program working on personal issues, dealing with relationships in messed up ways, those poisonous internal negative thoughts and beliefs, where counseling helped, but not 100%. And, just challenges communicating with friends and family and woman. I have come a long way in these years and I am a very positive and strong person who became a man in the military, and one who has always been independent and self sufficient since leaving home after high school. You know, the belief that you just should be a man and resolve problems yourself... be a man. The truth is, WE ALL NEED HELP. In life, business, relationships, and personally. It's OK for a man to ask for help or get help from experts.

I went into the program with complete trust in the team and a self determination to give it my all. I made efforts and set goals 3-6 months before the program for myself that would allow me to have focus on this program, went through the RS workout and meal program and eliminated relationships and time wasters from my life prior to attending. This was my year to jump in and make a change and I am well on my way. Believe me, there is more work to do and certainly more time and experience is necessary to improve my outer game when out approaching women, but I have new skills, mindset and foundations that are truly powerful. I now have a unique ability and knowledge where I can focus on practicing my inner game each day and using it in interesting ways. I love it, and it feels so empowering. Since returning from the program, the universe has already sent me things in surprising little ways and I know much more is to come. People have reached out to me, girls have responded differently, friends and family sound different to me, and I am able to share and give more easily when communicating. I can be me, I am seeing my real self more fully and completely, and I now have the tools and some good skills in how to take who I am and be awesome! I am an really amazing person and so are so many others, and I will no longer

The intervention and breathing were insane! In fact, the intervention is a little terrifying and I know one person who left the program before completing it. The intervention was part of letting go and finding that place inside that keeps you from being more amazing. Its getting to your emotions and letting it out. It feels great and its something we should all experience going into adulthood. To be masculine, you don't have to cry, but you need to surrender to your emotions, and you will cry, its like a reaction. The breathing precedes the intervention, and I won't go into details on the breathing exercises or interventions, but they are both great experiences that you get to share with others. When is the last time you shared some deep shit with other men who are complete strangers? Probably never, but we are all in the container together bonded as brothers, as humans, as spirits.

One skill I now have that I must share, I can now get into state by simply closing my eyes and doing a breathing technique for several seconds. I can do it standing up, sitting or lying down. I do it in the mornings and also anytime I feel I need to get in state. What I mean by in state, is that place you need to be when going out meeting girls or even just to feel good and get away from your own thoughts. In state gets me out of my head, my thought cycles, and into my body, the place of my emotional strength. I've never really understood these two things much or realized they were completely separate, but its amazing shit. I breathe in and out deeply, open my eyes and I uncontrollably laugh or smile a little, its like magic! I love it and I do it daily, and then I walk around happy and powerful feeling and weird shit happens. I cant wait to take it further and create a more amazing life for myself.

I am thankful every day for life, and look forward to the amazing experiences to come. I would love to help other guys and believe the opportunity will come soon. I have this new knowledge and empowerment that I can share with my son in a few years as he matures. How amazing is that to share and give something to your own son that will help him become an amazing man.

I leave you with this: look into the program, talk to Andrew and Blake and learn more about what they do. They are dedicated to helping others and its wonderful to find other guys who were in the same place that so many men are today. I found masculine energy. I found a deeper self acceptance. I CAN BE ME. I AM AMAZING. I AM AWESOME!

6. 10 - Day Bootcamp review

I never realized how physically exhausting this experience would be. In all honesty, if I knew before hand I wouldn’t have signed up. I’m so happy I didn’t know and that I went through with it.

As most of the people who got into the program, I had taken different bootcamps with some temporary level of success. I knew I wanted something different and a good friend recommended this program to me, so I decided to sign up and give it a try

Originally I signed for the NY 10 day as I live there and I’ve never been too crazy about Vegas. At the last moment I had to cancel the NY 10-day and Andrew was very understanding and let me transfer the 10-Day to the Vegas one. That already gave me an idea of the quality of person Andrew is.

The first day was quite overwhelming, we were over 30 people between the 10 day guys and the Project Rockstars guys. We immediately went over the material and got a glimpse of what the program would be about: a completely different approach to this whole “game” thing. The first night we had a very simple instruction, go out and have boring conversations, and don’t leave until she leaves. The first 6 interactions I got blown out after a couple of minutes and saw that it didn’t really mattered to get blown out. That changed my mindset completely, and felt super comfortable just talking in general (still following the instruction) and lo and behold, girls were not leaving the interaction even after 20 minutes of pretty normal day to day conversation.
    That blew my mind.

The second night we were thought a concept that for me was a theoretically simple concept but which I came to believe is deeply profound: Going out is not sustainable if you don’t have fun. That is exactly what happened to me all those years after I took a bootcamp. Most of the times I felt going out was a chore necessary to meet girls and not an enjoyable activity by itself. They introduced us to a concept they called “the sacred hour”, which is basically trying to purposefully be social with everyone so you can change your state into a more social one. Truth be told it usually does not take a full hour, and after the first couple of interactions you can physically feel the difference, and believe me, people start treating you differently, they want to be around you. That for me was such a big realization. Thinking back about all the most memorable nights in my past where I did great with girls, it was because unbeknownst to me, I was in state and was having a blast ( but most likely with some help from alcohol). But now the concept was presented so eloquently that it completely hit home...and no drinking is involved!

After a couple of days we started to get into the inner game portion of the seminar. This is where we dug deep into our psychology, a psychology which at many times in the past prevented me from unleashing my full potential. I’ll be the first to recognize that some of the things that I thought were not affecting me in my relationships, were really affecting me. The level of empathy from every person that was present was amazing and that made it way easier to open up and be vulnerable. I shared things about myself that I had never said to anyone. I felt zero judgement and so much support

For the next couple of nights after sharing a lot of personal stuff I have dealt with, we went out and the funny part was that I felt a lightness that I haven’t felt before. Not everything was perfect, on one particular night I ran out of steam quite early and I couldn’t get in state again, but that’s ok, because I understood and accepted the situation for what it was. The next night I again found myself in state, having fun and being happy in a club, which I saw now as my total new reality. I also accept that there will be not so perfect nights, and that in no way should discourage me from keep on going out and having fun

Andrew mentioned a couple of things that highly resonated with me:

1. Everyone comes in the program with different goals and different situations. It is very important that you never compare yourself to others. However, it is important to keep an open mind and learn from other students, instructors and alumni
    2. Every time you do something that takes you out of your comfort zone (i.e. approach a girl) it is a definitive win. The rest is a bonus
    3. Life is meant to be lived in the body, not the mind
    4. How do you have fun? You just do
    5. Respect the process- that means that if you practice what is being taught, eventually you will get it. For some people it might take 5 days, for other it might take 8 months, but eventually we can all get there
    6. Go into every interaction with the mentality of giving and not taking. Never wanting or expecting anything from anyone

It’s been two weeks since we finished the program. I went back to NYC and have been out three times. The first time was a friends birthday party, so it was mostly social circle. Before I took the 10-day I would usually only talk to a few people and drink. This time I didn’t drink at all and was talking to everyone and introducing people to one another. It was an amazing time. I even reconnected with a girl I had gone out with in the past and we’re going to karaoke next Sunday

The second night we went out I put into practice the sacred hour and just started to talk to people wherever we went. I felt so much in state it was amazing. I got a phone number from a cute girl at a bar and I went out with her Thursday. The last night I went out, I made it a purpose to last as much as I could into the late hours of the night . I used to go home at 2 am at the latest, this time I pushed myself to go home until 4 am. It was interesting to see how girls at later times just upright approached me ( one of them I could have taken home but she was so drunk and I decided not to), in part because at those hours people are more drunk and also because I was very comfortable with myself and the body language can’t lie . Not drinking is also a huge plus to last longer and well into the night and I’m gonna continue it that way

The few friends that knew I took the 10-day have told me that I look so different, so comfortable and at ease.

How was all this not a huge improvement from my precious experiences in clubs. I never ever liked clubs. The few times I had fun I was very drunk. During the 7 nights we went out, I didn’t drink one drop of alcohol, talk to dozens and dozens of girls and found myself smiling in a club with music that I used to hate (I’ve even grown a bit fond of DJ Marshmallow, which played like 4 of the 7 nights). That is a massive win in my book.

In all honesty I will not become a club guy, I’m 41 years old and I like other types of venues way better, but if for some reason I find myself in a club, I know I can have a fucking blast

Overall I can say that I recommend this program to people that are willing to change and are open and honest with themselves. It is not an easy program as it is physically and mentally exhausting but in the end the benefits far outweigh the hardships. Personally, I’m extremely satisfied that I took it and will continue to work on myself as a lifetime ambition, but this time with a very different mindset.