Need help with my online dating profile.

Need help with my online dating profile.

I signed up for a dating website that Iíve been told is the best foreign affair matchmaker site nowadays and want to get started. I need some tips on how to make my online dating profile as interesting as possible, because I feel like with all the men joining these things, I need to make mine somehow stand out from the rest. What do women usually look for when browsing through profiles? Should I be a hundred percent honest with my profile or embellish it a bit to get a better reaction?

2. I'm not an expert in this area. It's actually something I'm looking to get started in myself. Not international, just regional to my area.

I have studied this extensively. I looked into everything for about 2 months. Heavy web searching, video watching, and book reading. I kept going until I kept getting the same answers.

Here's what I found similar for just about every dating site out there.

4-6 Photo's
    Main photo is from chest up. Not a selfie. Have a smile or a smirk.
    A photo with you doing a hobby. Be sure you can see your face.
    A photo of you being sociable. No kissing other women.
    A photo of you doing a sport. No guns, or animal kills.
    A photo of you dressed up to the 9's. Nothing with weddings, she knows you won't be wearing the tux any time soon again.
    A photo of you being funny/humorous.

If hobby and sport is the same thing swap it out for travel. Bonus if you work in a pet on any of these (dog).

For your about section.
    Try to keep it simple as possible. 50 words is optimal. No more than 200. They don't want to read paragraphs, just enough to get their attention.
    The photo's should line up somehow to your about section.

Here's one that I saw that looked good the other day.
    "Live in Manhattan, Med School, Love Dogs.
    Traveling Addict, Enjoy Thai Boxing."

Final part is to add a humorous fact about yourself.
    "World Champion of Warm Smiles."

Once it's set up you will want to give it a little while to work. Then try adjusting things slightly and measure responses again. Keep tinkering with photo's, and rotating them every month or so until responses go up. Then adjust your about area. Don't do both at once because you won't be able to see which one is causing the upward or downward trend.

I wouldn't embellish to much. What happens if she really gets into you, you meet, and she finds out you are not what you say? If you don't want to say you wash cars for a living, just say you work with cars. Don't lie, but don't give everything away either.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight2170 View Post
    I'm not an expert in this area. It's actually something I'm looking to get started in myself. Not international, just regional to my area.

I have studied this extensively. I looked into everything for about 2 months. Heavy web searching, video watching, and book reading. I kept going until I kept getting the same answers.

Here's what I found similar for just about every dating site out there.

4-6 Photo's
    Main photo is from chest up. Not a selfie. Have a smile or a smirk.
    A photo with you doing a hobby. Be sure you can see your face.
    A photo of you being sociable. No kissing other women.
    A photo of you doing a sport. No guns, or animal kills.
    A photo of you dressed up to the 9's. Nothing with weddings, she knows you won't be wearing the tux any time soon again.
    A photo of you being funny/humorous.

If hobby and sport is the same thing swap it out for travel. Bonus if you work in a pet on any of these (dog).

For your about section.
    Try to keep it simple as possible. 50 words is optimal. No more than 200. They don't want to read paragraphs, just enough to get their attention.
    The photo's should line up somehow to your about section.

Here's one that I saw that looked good the other day.
    "Live in Manhattan, Med School, Love Dogs.
    Traveling Addict, Enjoy Thai Boxing."

Final part is to add a humorous fact about yourself.
    "World Champion of Warm Smiles."

Once it's set up you will want to give it a little while to work. Then try adjusting things slightly and measure responses again. Keep tinkering with photo's, and rotating them every month or so until responses go up. Then adjust your about area. Don't do both at once because you won't be able to see which one is causing the upward or downward trend.

I wouldn't embellish to much. What happens if she really gets into you, you meet, and she finds out you are not what you say? If you don't want to say you wash cars for a living, just say you work with cars. Don't lie, but don't give everything away either.

Hope that helps.
    this is very detailed. i'll look into this. thanks