She’s a cheater but I can’t let her go.

1. She’s a cheater but I can’t let her go.

My girlfriend had been cheating on me when we were still 3 months until we reached 7th. Even though she’s like that, I still don’t have the courage to let her go. My friends would always advise me to break up with her because she’s a liar and a cheater. However, I can’t let their plea happen. My friends started to ignore me. I know they only care; I just so love her and I know she loves me too. We’re turning 1 year by next month and I believe she had changed. I know she had even though some of my friends would come and tell me they saw my girlfriend on a foreign socials having fun meeting new people. Everyone of us can still change if we want to. For a long time, I have been choosing anyone’s happiness over mine. Is it wrong to choose my happiness and myself this time? I love her; what else can I do?

2. Dude, you need to make a choice.

If it was me I would dump her and move on. If I am in a relationship I remain faithful in that relationship. If I meet a girl, but I'm not looking for anything serious I tell the girl I will be going out with other girls from the start.

Let me ask you this. What good is a life if you are always giving? You give up your happiness. You give up your dreams. You give up your finances. You give up your social status. You are just giving without receiving any benefits. 20 years from now when you look back what is your legacy going to be? Will you be able to say you led a full life? Will you be able to honestly say, I am in a good place and I'm happy?

Are you really in love with this girl, or in love with the IDEA of being in love with her? Big difference.

Personally I think your trying to rationalize to yourself why you can't leave her.

Your 34, I have 13 years on you. I can guarantee you that you will find another woman that will respect you more. But you have to man up and do what right for you. You do not have to apologize to anyone for finding your own happiness. Hell, my wife left me after 25 years of faithful marriage. Less than a month later I have hot 23 years olds after me.

Look at this situation objectively. Stop rationalizing. Be a Man. Make a choice. Choose wisely and make damn sure you know - deep down - you will not regret it 2,3,4, years from now.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Knight2170 View Post
    Dude, you need to make a choice.

If it was me I would dump her and move on. If I am in a relationship I remain faithful in that relationship. If I meet a girl, but I'm not looking for anything serious I tell the girl I will be going out with other girls from the start.

Let me ask you this. What good is a life if you are always giving? You give up your happiness. You give up your dreams. You give up your finances. You give up your social status. You are just giving without receiving any benefits. 20 years from now when you look back what is your legacy going to be? Will you be able to say you led a full life? Will you be able to honestly say, I am in a good place and I'm happy?

Are you really in love with this girl, or in love with the IDEA of being in love with her? Big difference.

Personally I think your trying to rationalize to yourself why you can't leave her.

Your 34, I have 13 years on you. I can guarantee you that you will find another woman that will respect you more. But you have to man up and do what right for you. You do not have to apologize to anyone for finding your own happiness. Hell, my wife left me after 25 years of faithful marriage. Less than a month later I have hot 23 years olds after me.

Look at this situation objectively. Stop rationalizing. Be a Man. Make a choice. Choose wisely and make damn sure you know - deep down - you will not regret it 2,3,4, years from now.
    Thanks a lot for this very objective response. This helped me a lot. Thanks again dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight2170 View Post
    Dude, you need to make a choice.

This is spot on.

A lot of people who think they are in love are not really in love, but they fall in love with the idea of having someone.

Also, people have a hard time letting go because they feel "I will never find someone like her" or "I will never love someone like her again". That is bullshit.

You will love again, if you ever were in love to begin with. There is more than 1 girl in the world you are compatible with and you just need to find them.
    " I think PCL81 has one of the best body language in the world. He approached a group of hot women, and he looked so relax that it looked like he slept with them already and doesn’t care what they have to say."--The G Code, Future Bootcamp Oct 2012