Should I marry my gf who is pregnant with my child?

Should I marry my gf who is pregnant with my child?

I got my girlfriend pregnant. Shes 6 months pregnant now and her family is wondering if we are planning to get married. Im not yet that ready to get married anytime soon. Should I marry her? I am not going to run away from my obligation and responsibilities as the father of my child but Im wondering if there is really a need to get married these days. Im starting to think that marriage is quite useless but maybe this is just an unconventional view.

My gf comes from a country where marriage is a big deal whereas I come from a country where it is more liberated and relaxed when it comes to marriage. This results to a clash in our beliefs and culture. I think I really need a foreign bride 101 lecture so I know what to expect if we do get married. Im quite confused as to what I should do next. My life is a blur as of this moment and I need some words of wisdom. I love my gf but the idea of marriage is just not appealing to me as of this moment.

It's good if you are ready to take responsibility for your child without marrying your girlfriend. But every woman wants security of her and her child's future and they always think marriage is the best way. Especially, when she belongs to a culture where the marriage is very important.

If you love your gf and not ready for marriage at the moment then talk to her frequently and assure her to marry her when you will be able to do.

3. Should I marry my gf who is pregnant with my child?

Quote Originally Posted by clark014 View Post
    I got my girlfriend pregnant. Shes 6 months pregnant now and her family is wondering if we are planning to get married. Im not yet that ready to get married anytime soon. Should I marry her? I am not going to run away from my obligation and responsibilities as the father of my child but Im wondering if there is really a need to get married these days. Im starting to think that marriage is quite useless but maybe this is just an unconventional view.

My gf comes from a country where marriage is a big deal whereas I come from a country where it is more liberated and relaxed when it comes to marriage. This results to a clash in our beliefs and culture. I think I really need a foreign bride 101 lecture so I know what to expect if we do get married. Im quite confused as to what I should do next. My life is a blur as of this moment and I need some words of wisdom. I love my gf but the idea of marriage is just not appealing to me as of this moment.
    Yes. Be a man and do the right thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by clark014 View Post
    I got my girlfriend pregnant. She’s 6 months pregnant now and her family is wondering if we are planning to get married. I’m not yet that ready to get married anytime soon. Should I marry her? I am not going to run away from my obligation and responsibilities as the father of my child but I’m wondering if there is really a need to get married these days. I’m starting to think that marriage is quite useless but maybe this is just an unconventional view.
    Obviously women see purpose in marriage for the same reason some guys loathe it- it's a commitment.

I'm baffled why you would impregnate a woman you aren't ready to marry but that's looking in the rearview I guess.

"Should I marry my GF" ... Yes, if you want to spend the rest of your life with her. No, if you don't.