Where did I go wrong

1. Where did I go wrong

Hello,

I've started talking to this girl online and we hit it off pretty well - there was instant 'chemistry', if you will.

The first time we talked for 8 hours straight and we talked about random things and life in general. She added me as a friend on the chat.

The second time (2 days later) I joined the chat and I was the one to initiate conversation with her and I immediately became overly eager in my responses to her. The more our conversation developed, the more I looked like a rabid dog; I just couldn't stop talking (mainly about myself). At one point I offered to go easy on her and not talk so much about myself, to which she agreed because she was tired.

The conversation went on and I kept talking more and more about myself up to a point where we started discussing love and relationships. It is then that I told her I'm very conservative, yet a little bit liberal. The latter did not seem to have effect on her. I continue to try hard and persuade her but.. at one point she even found it distasteful and boldly said I wasn't impressing her, to which I shut down and she shut down. The conversation died.

10 minutes later, she asks me to go to the global chat room. What do I see there? She, chatting up some dude (I know what I see). I think she was trying to make me jealous. I just told her after a while of silence and uninterested chatter from my part. She gave me a friend-zony bye and so did I.

I think I got friend-zoned. Where did I go wrong?

Here's my perspective:

* I was overly eager and I turned her off with that. Never be overly eager, especially at the beginning

* I was trying to prove myself to her all the time, while it should have been her to prove herself to me

Your 2 cents?

2. Doesn't sound like the right type of girl for you, bro! That's a huge red flag when she's talking to more than one guy. Yes, it may have been early, but most girls who will concentrate on 1 guy at a time are better keeps.

QUOTE=IdontUnderstandWomen;1050498]Hello,

I've started talking to this girl online and we hit it off pretty well - there was instant 'chemistry', if you will.

The first time we talked for 8 hours straight and we talked about random things and life in general. She added me as a friend on the chat.

The second time (2 days later) I joined the chat and I was the one to initiate conversation with her and I immediately became overly eager in my responses to her. The more our conversation developed, the more I looked like a rabid dog; I just couldn't stop talking (mainly about myself). At one point I offered to go easy on her and not talk so much about myself, to which she agreed because she was tired.

The conversation went on and I kept talking more and more about myself up to a point where we started discussing love and relationships. It is then that I told her I'm very conservative, yet a little bit liberal. The latter did not seem to have effect on her. I continue to try hard and persuade her but.. at one point she even found it distasteful and boldly said I wasn't impressing her, to which I shut down and she shut down. The conversation died.

10 minutes later, she asks me to go to the global chat room. What do I see there? She, chatting up some dude (I know what I see). I think she was trying to make me jealous. I just told her after a while of silence and uninterested chatter from my part. She gave me a friend-zony bye and so did I.

I think I got friend-zoned. Where did I go wrong?

Here's my perspective:

* I was overly eager and I turned her off with that. Never be overly eager, especially at the beginning

* I was trying to prove myself to her all the time, while it should have been her to prove herself to me

Your 2 cents?[/QUOTE]