The Death of the PUA
12 LastLast
    Sydney, Australia

2. I showed this to Black Dragon (Caleb Jones), and he isn't surprised. He said that the PUA community has been dying since about 2008.

Here is an article he did about the PUA community:

http://www.blackdragonblog.com/2017/...d-an-analysis/

That guy seems really bitter

And sadly, like all the rest of them, he will eventually end up in the same place (i.e. angry, divorced, financially raped, and fighting the court system to see his own children).
    ~40% of first marriages end in divorce, which means ~60% of first marriages last a lifetime.

He also implies that all women are incapable of fairness & cooperation with an ex-husband in regards to money & kids.

4. And sadly, like all the rest of them, he will eventually end up in the same place (i.e. angry, divorced, financially raped, and fighting the court system to see his own children).
    This quote is a bit extreme. Not all marriages end up in failure, and there are good women out there.

However, I don't see marriage as very fulfilling, especially when I see overweight couples that work jobs that require too many hours per week. Who would want that?

5. Why put a pic of Elliot Rodger in the middle of Neil Strauss and Mystery? What kind of person does that?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1208 View Post
    However, I don't see marriage as very fulfilling, especially when I see overweight couples that work jobs that require too many hours per week. Who would want that?
    Marriage is certainly not for everyone.

However I've known a lot more men who are happy to be married than regret the decision.

I'm curious though... why do you think being married leads to working more than being single?

I know for a fact that if I were married, I'd save about $1,500/mo ... in between sharing my housing costs and eating out less.

7. I'm curious though... why do you think being married leads to working more than being single?
    I don't. I know that single people can work a lot as well.

8. ~40% of first marriages end in divorce, which means ~60% of first marriages last a lifetime.

He also implies that all women are incapable of fairness & cooperation with an ex-husband in regards to money & kids.
    Actually, he meant that over 70% of marriages end in divorce, and 60% of those that don't end in divorce end up as unhappy marriages:

http://www.blackdragonblog.com/2014/...ce-statistics/

http://www.blackdragonblog.com/2015/...ly-looks-like/

Back to the original topic, I feel like a lot of people miss the nuanced difference between "pickup artists" and "scumbags who disrespect women"

Sure, there's a lot of overlap in those groups.

But there's a lot of "pickup artists" who DO respect women, who do bring joy and happiness into women's lives, even if they're not fitting into society's narrative of "falling in love & being monogamous"

So when people complain about "pickup artists" or "pickup community" ... i don't worry about it at all, because they're using the wrong term for what they're complaining about. But I still agree with their usual complaints; namely: guys who act like pickups are merely a scorecard, guys who don't care about women's feelings, guys who try to manipulate women instead of simply improving themselves.

10. I don't understand the point of that article. So what if the community is dead? I guy in the western world can talk to any girl he wants, practice, and get better at it. What else matters?