Is social media still important for relationships right now?

1. Is social media still important for relationships right now?

Hi

My mom is 42-year-old women, and she is single. She has been in many relationships during her life, but she says that a lot of the man in her life has disappointed her. I want to help her out, but I don't know what to do? Should I try to tell her to get more involved in social media, is this the place that her generation will find love, and how should I tell her to manage her profiles?
    We have a 20-year difference, so my methods might not be effective. What will you suggest? Will social media be helpful? What do guys look for in women over 35?

NYC

Is social media still important for relationships right now?

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_flame View Post
    Hi

My mom is 42-year-old women, and she is single. She has been in many relationships during her life, but she says that a lot of the man in her life has disappointed her. I want to help her out, but I don't know what to do? Should I try to tell her to get more involved in social media, is this the place that her generation will find love, and how should I tell her to manage her profiles?
    We have a 20-year difference, so my methods might not be effective. What will you suggest? Will social media be helpful? What do guys look for in women over 35?
    Same things they look for in women under 35. How is her physical shape? Does she work out? How are her looks? Does she take care of her hair, nails etc. Does she dress well? Are her clothes complimenting to her physique?

You probably can't answer these questions, bc you're her son. It will be hard for you to be objective about your mom. Instead, find out from people anonymously. Make a profile for her online. There are many dating apps that allow people to "rate" someone's photos. Use it as a GUIDE and adjust from there.

It's never too late to find love and it's never too late to work on your yourself. The person she presents to the world, daily, still has a shot.

Lastly, tell her to join mixers, meetups or group activities if she doesn't like the online route

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Yeah, I will do that. I know that Facebook is not a dating app, but perhaps I can talk her into updating her profile there because I still think that social media is a great place to find new and interesting people. There are some nice events and activities that pop up and might get her involvement. I also found some other apps that have similar features. This piece has some examples including apps like Path and Diaspora. Unfortunately, I haven't heard much about them, are they good and reliable platforms like Facebook is? Or are there some different platforms that someone is willing to suggest?
    Sorry, but I am still new to this and don't really know where to start from.

Hey!

I would suggest you check out Mathew Hussey, he has alot of great advice for women. It really will be up to your mom to be pro-active in her dating life, but she is very lucky to have your support!

This is actually a really great video. What Mathew talks about is a great start for her. Taking the time for her to spend her life actively doing things she really wants to do, and complimenting that with doing the most socialable versions of things she is already doing anyway. So for example if she always wanted to learn how to dance, taking a dance class is a great way to do that and meet people. Maybe she likes reading books, joining a local book club another great way to meet people who have the same interests in her.

By taking this approach, it will get her out there living the life she wants and meeting people. This will also help in avoid resentment if she trys something just to meet men and it doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIGJmGFmhKA

Here is his site he has alot of interesting videos and posts. I don't always agree 100% with what he says but take that so make sure you read it and filter it through with your own thoughts and opinions.

http://www.matthewhussey.com/

I also agree with Jason Lemonjacket. Having her take the time to control those things will help her, along with doing those things above. Facebook would be a great way for her to connect with those different meet ups, groups and events.

If she finds that the men are disapointing her in her life, she isn't meeting the right men for her!

Los Angeles

Looks obviously important

next important: have a positive attitude. Some women get down on themselves, or simply have no ambition of any kind, and they're just depressing to hang out with.

Related to that, a woman has to know both what value she uniquely brings to a relationship, and what unique values she's looking for. Generic "I want a decent guy to love me and be loyal" won't cut it. That's basically having no standards, and most guys aren't interested in being a generic cut-out for an abstract ideal.

If your mom has been disappointed continually by men, and not learned how to be selective, then she might benefit from some kind of training the same way us guys get training. Most women, by their early 30s, have figured out how to filter guys which will inevitably "disappoint them".