How do your typical night game approaches look?

How do your typical night game approaches look?

I'm a little confused at to what this site promotes in terms of approach to game?

I thought it was all based around mysterymethod, although from skimming through some recent posts, I see that even some MODS are advocating a much more 'natural game'?

I'm not certain, so for now, i've been attempting to implement a more love systems/mystery method type style here in teh UK, but it's not working.

I'm looking for tips

Here's last night:

I spot a super hot girl near me at the bar. I open aloof, over my shoulder, ''Hey, quick question. I have to get back to my friends in a minute (FTC). Do girls think Eminem is hot?'' She's like 'He's Ok, I guess''. I ramble about how my sisteres friends all have posters of him on their wall bla bla bla. She's not adding to the conversation after I finsih. This is an IOD (indicator of disinterest) on her part whcih I should respond with an IOD of my own so I look away from her and get my phone out hoping that she will now chase. She doesn't. I know that If I don't say something i'll lose the set and so i'm forced to break the nysterymethod rule of waiting for her to talk. I comliment her on her nails and Iask her if they are real (neg). She says 'thanks. no They;re fake'' (doesn't try to qualify herself). I say ''Shame''. She looks away again. At this point she ejects without saying goodbye

​Next set. Super hot teenage girl standing in the beer garden outside. Over my shoulder, uninterested expression and I ask if she saw the fight outside earlier. She says 'Fight? Nope''. I tell her about the 'fight' with 2 girls fighting over some little dude. She's lke ''ha. Nope. Sounds funny''. I ask where she is from as I detect an accent (think this is a mistake? I'm' supposed to somehow get her 'attracted' to me before asking questions with 'attraction material' although that doesn't actually seem to attract girls in my experience although I get a chance to get into it in a second)
    ​She says ''Sweden''
    ​I tell her that my ex girlfriend was from Sweden (lie) and that she moved back there to continue her modelling career (DHV). She's like ''Yeah,it's nice there''. She isn't asking me anything and she's keeping her answers too a minimum which is an IOD and i'm supposed to make her chase and so I IOD her back and look away and get my phone out. However, at this point she says ''It was nice to meet you'' and goes back indoors.

​I try one more short set as it's kinda late and open a girl with a false time constraint and ask her an opinion opener. She answers but just with one word. This is a bit of an IOD. Not sure whether to try to carry on rambling as per the opener or give her an IOD back as per the method. I decide to try to carry on rambling about her anwers and try to get her to elaborate and she does a little bit. I ask her about the rings on her finger and go into some 'attraction material' full of dhv's where I tell her about what the rings on each finger mean and how my ex girlfriend taught me. She seems mildly amused. It goes silent again. IOD. Need to IOD her back so I get my phone out and look bored like i'm looking for more interesting people to speak too. Make her chase. She doesn't chase unfortunately and tells me she's gonna get back to her group.

​Any ideas?

South of Raleigh

Quote Originally Posted by welling View Post
    I'm a little confused at to what this site promotes in terms of approach to game?

I thought it was all based around mysterymethod, although from skimming through some recent posts, I see that even some MODS are advocating a much more 'natural game'?

I'm not certain, so for now, i've been attempting to implement a more love systems/mystery method type style here in teh UK, but it's not working.

I'm looking for tips

Here's last night:

I spot a super hot girl near me at the bar. I open aloof, over my shoulder, ''Hey, quick question. I have to get back to my friends in a minute (FTC). Do girls think Eminem is hot?'' She's like 'He's Ok, I guess''. I ramble about how my sisteres friends all have posters of him on their wall bla bla bla. She's not adding to the conversation after I finsih. This is an IOD (indicator of disinterest) on her part whcih I should respond with an IOD of my own so I look away from her and get my phone out hoping that she will now chase. She doesn't. I know that If I don't say something i'll lose the set and so i'm forced to break the nysterymethod rule of waiting for her to talk. I comliment her on her nails and Iask her if they are real (neg). She says 'thanks. no They;re fake'' (doesn't try to qualify herself). I say ''Shame''. She looks away again. At this point she ejects without saying goodbye

​Next set. Super hot teenage girl standing in the beer garden outside. Over my shoulder, uninterested expression and I ask if she saw the fight outside earlier. She says 'Fight? Nope''. I tell her about the 'fight' with 2 girls fighting over some little dude. She's lke ''ha. Nope. Sounds funny''. I ask where she is from as I detect an accent (think this is a mistake? I'm' supposed to somehow get her 'attracted' to me before asking questions with 'attraction material' although that doesn't actually seem to attract girls in my experience although I get a chance to get into it in a second)
    ​She says ''Sweden''
    ​I tell her that my ex girlfriend was from Sweden (lie) and that she moved back there to continue her modelling career (DHV). She's like ''Yeah,it's nice there''. She isn't asking me anything and she's keeping her answers too a minimum which is an IOD and i'm supposed to make her chase and so I IOD her back and look away and get my phone out. However, at this point she says ''It was nice to meet you'' and goes back indoors.

​I try one more short set as it's kinda late and open a girl with a false time constraint and ask her an opinion opener. She answers but just with one word. This is a bit of an IOD. Not sure whether to try to carry on rambling as per the opener or give her an IOD back as per the method. I decide to try to carry on rambling about her anwers and try to get her to elaborate and she does a little bit. I ask her about the rings on her finger and go into some 'attraction material' full of dhv's where I tell her about what the rings on each finger mean and how my ex girlfriend taught me. She seems mildly amused. It goes silent again. IOD. Need to IOD her back so I get my phone out and look bored like i'm looking for more interesting people to speak too. Make her chase. She doesn't chase unfortunately and tells me she's gonna get back to her group.

​Any ideas?
    Personally, I don't use any of the above mentioned methods. I go direct, expressing interest to weed out those who aren't interested, and isolate to pull back to wherever I can get laid. If that doesn't work, set up a day 2 and get the number.

The issue I have with the indirect approach is: the conversation has no clear purpose. Frankly you're just being a friendly person. Which is fine, but if she doesn't know you're interested (or worse, she realizes you're making excuses to talk to her but are too scared to be direct about it) you're kind of keeping yourself in the friend zone. That and most girls know what's up anyway, so trying to hide your intentions can be seen as low value. Also, I believe there are easy to read incongruencies when people use canned stories. Sometimes they come off as bragging which will have bad reception.

It seems like these girls didn't see you as a potential partner, just as someone who was taking to them. Mystery method paved the way for sure, not taking anything away from it. However, the bells and whistles are less than necessary and can come off as incongruent if that's not your style.

Good for you making approaches.

I'm not a night-approach guy but I know you should expect to get blown away a LOT. So a handful of examples doesn't mean much. Some pickup guys will do 20 or 50 approaches with just a single line to determine if it's any good or not.

"Mystery Method" is very old school. It's talking about carburetor technology on cars. Yes it can work, but most guys think we've learned something better. IMO the secret of Mystery Method was it's a clunky way to give guys confidence, give them training wheels to start conversations, and to teach guys that women are complex and often respond to things we didn't expect.

Keep practicing and you'll get better. Training can help you shorten the learning curve, if you want to go that way. Personally I'd suggest you test your comfort levels by worrying less about IOIs/IODs.