Non-Generic Approaches without Physical Compliments - Page 3

FirstFirst 123
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
    For every bad reaction, there are hundreds of good reactions. In short, I think you should consider the situational type openers.
    If I had the abstract reasoning, I would only use good quality situation type openers. I'm not talking about 'oh nice watch' but the way some guys can actually paint a story about a girl from the way she walks and talks and how she goes about her day AND find a way to communicate that.

Ensure good body language and eye contact. I still believe somewhere you need to make it clear that you're not just being friendly, but rather, are physically attracted to her.
    We're not disagreed there.

However, that can come later once you've isolated. Work on thinking of situational openers on the fly so they are genuine to the situation at hand. I believe that is the answer to what you're asking in the first post.
    I have tried and practised this way of thinking very hard and for a long time now. I tried putting it into practise for online dating for example, and I also tried improvisational comedy/theatre. But these things just don't come naturally to my personality, it's just an extremely awkward way of thinking for me and it has nothing to do with anxiety, everything to do with my own sense of logic and thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
    -(bachelorette party) *came in with a high five* what are we celebrating?
    Gold. If you feel a good vibe with the group then the follow-up could be:
    "She's engaged?? Then tell me which of the others are still single!"

Hilarity ensues.

Zeta I think the problems you are trying to solve are inner game issues. They are not "my openers fail" issues.

If the rest of your game was dialed in you could simply open every set with "hi" and you'd still number close 20 times before lunch.

You're correct that badger's bachelorette party opener wouldn't get him past idle chit-chat. That's because, by definition, no opener in the universe will do that.

To escalate an interaction, we use the rest of our skills.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gq1 View Post
    Zeta I think the problems you are trying to solve are inner game issues.
    Tbh, this isn't a sentence that actually means anything. In my experience PUAs tend to just say something's an 'inner game issue' when they don't understand a problem, or they are too lazy to offer a solution.

South of Raleigh

Quote Originally Posted by gq1 View Post
    Zeta I think the problems you are trying to solve are inner game issues. They are not "my openers fail" issues.

If the rest of your game was dialed in you could simply open every set with "hi" and you'd still number close 20 times before lunch.

You're correct that badger's bachelorette party opener wouldn't get him past idle chit-chat. That's because, by definition, no opener in the universe will do that.

To escalate an interaction, we use the rest of our skills.
    I'm leaning towards that as well. The opener is one of the least important parts; as long as you're not creepy (and of course actually open). Hi works just fine. Never has a girl been ready to fuck or whatever but stopped because my opener wasn't good enough. Most won't remember how you started talking. You still need to physically escalate, get the logistics handled, and pull. I actually didn't close on that bachelorette one of I remember right, but it definitely had no bearing on my opener.

6. Guys, when I've got a conversation going with someone, i.e. I built the rapport, I can hold my own just fine. That's how I KNOW it's not an 'inner game' (i.e. psychological) problem.

Definitely the hardest part is getting a complete stranger with no connection to me whatsoever to warm up and get into that interaction in the first place. What you do (non-verbal) and how you feel (psychological) are definitely important but the first things you say are way more important than you guys make out.

For example, if someone went over and said "I'm a creepy rapist" to a girl, you guys wouldn't be saying, "it's not what you say it's what you do bro" then, would you. On the other hand, you could have the best line in the world, deliver confidently and charismatically, get the girl to laugh and contrasting the two situations, all of a sudden you guys would have to admit on some level that the verbal element was important, not just the non-verbals.

I personally feel that it's damn right patronising to turn around to a guy having issues with this and say, "nah, it's just inner game bro". It's why I think the so-called 'authentic' PUAs are just as bad as the guys that like canned material and routine stackers and all the rest of it. PUA hasn't evolved, it's just mutated into an equally bad theory.