Office Relationships?

Office Relationships?

There's a coworker of mine who I believe might be interested in me, but I am not sure. I am 32, and she is in her mid 20s. We've worked together for about a year, but our relationship has really changed over the last few weeks. I had been in a relationship a few months which ended (and which this coworker is aware of too). But anyway, she's a fairly quiet person (INTJ personality) but has seemingly come out of her shell a lot with me. We flirt back and forth a lot, through IM throughout the work day, and at times in person. She initiates a lot of the conversation. She even started watching my favorite TV show after having told her that I was a fan. Seemingly going out of her way almost to impress me it seems. Having been in a relationship, and now out of it, sometimes I wonder if my sense for a women's attraction is a bit off or if its just a friendship thing with her. But to me it seems like she is interested, right? Thoughts? That's my first question. Secondly, what are your thoughts on office relationships? Since we are in the same department, I do have concerns of trying to initiate a relationship and then creating work tension.

I'm not for or against office relationships but I prefer keeping work and home life separate. If it doesn't work out, I don't have to deal with still seeing them around.

I would not use Office IM to communicate with her but rather i would find private means to do this...i once was chatting with a work colleague but we were using the PC version of whats-app. This of course made everything much more private.
    Last edited by Miss vivid; 09-26-2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by JJ007 View Post
    She even started watching my favorite TV show after having told her that I was a fan. Seemingly going out of her way almost to impress me it seems. Having been in a relationship, and now out of it, sometimes I wonder if my sense for a women's attraction is a bit off or if its just a friendship thing with her. But to me it seems like she is interested, right? Thoughts?
    "trying to impress me" I think you're jumping to conclusions here.

Not a fan of starting up with someone you work with closely. Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Save the potential "work tension" for a girl you feel a strong attraction to. All I'm sensing from you here is a "well i think she's into me so why not go for it"

London

I'm with gq1, I certainly wouldn't interpret this as a girl trying to impress me!
    Vox - Love Systems Instructor
    -------------------------------------------------

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH 2016 - www.datingcoachvox.com

FOLLOW ME: Twitter / Facebook