After living abroad, I've lost my American "game"... and I don't even know if I care

After living abroad, I've lost my American "game"... and I don't even know if I care

I know I might be speaking to a very small proportion of the members here, but has anyone else, after a substantial time traveling abroad and having great success with wonderful, attractive women in Europe and Asia, come back to the US and just been... a little bit disappointed?

I used to spend a lot of time and energy dating and bringing home girls here on US soil, and was very successful. That was 5 years ago, before I spent a significant amount of time living abroad in both Europe and parts of Asia. Over those five years, I matured greatly, stopped partying so hard, etc.

Now that I'm back, it turns out that I have to game the women here extra hard compared to the women I dated abroad. At the same time, when I actually look at the women I'm dating here from an objective standpoint, they simply aren't of the same quality that the European and Asian girls I was dating were. The Asian girls I dated were sweet, caring, and kind. The European girls were intellectual, well-rounded, and great at conversation.

I'm sure there ARE girls like that here, but the vast majority of them are merely interested in getting high/stoned/drunk and going to concerts. I can't imagine having the profound conversations with them that I had with, for example, a girl I was seeing in Barcelona. Certainly very few of the girls here are remotely wife material, except maybe the fat ones.

I just don't admire many of the girls here anymore. I don't see them as objects to spend my time pursuing like I used to. I'm left just kind of feeling empty.

Just curious if anyone else here has gone through this.

American women are known the world over for being less attractive, more demanding, and generally less cultured. They really don't care about gaining weight and believe men should bow and kiss their feet. And many here do. A large majority of the women I've dated are foreign born.

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by bern002 View Post
    ... the vast majority of them are merely interested in getting high/stoned/drunk and going to concerts....
    That's a problem with your selection criteria, not with americans in general.

South of Raleigh

You might have travel goggles on. I thought similar things after being in Europe for some time. Different cultures produce different people. Now I definitely prefer American women. I think when you travel abroad, the women there are like shiney new toys. Then you get back to your old toys and they kinda suck... But only if you look at it that way. There's plenty of the above mentioned categories of women here, you might have just found bad apples that you're comparing to a (assuming) great experience; and in that light they seem like they aren't that great.
    When I am writing in red, it's as an Attraction Forums mod or admin. When I write in normal text, it's just me.

NYC

Quote Originally Posted by bern002 View Post
    I know I might be speaking to a very small proportion of the members here, but has anyone else, after a substantial time traveling abroad and having great success with wonderful, attractive women in Europe and Asia, come back to the US and just been... a little bit disappointed?

I used to spend a lot of time and energy dating and bringing home girls here on US soil, and was very successful. That was 5 years ago, before I spent a significant amount of time living abroad in both Europe and parts of Asia. Over those five years, I matured greatly, stopped partying so hard, etc.

Now that I'm back, it turns out that I have to game the women here extra hard compared to the women I dated abroad. At the same time, when I actually look at the women I'm dating here from an objective standpoint, they simply aren't of the same quality that the European and Asian girls I was dating were. The Asian girls I dated were sweet, caring, and kind. The European girls were intellectual, well-rounded, and great at conversation.

I'm sure there ARE girls like that here, but the vast majority of them are merely interested in getting high/stoned/drunk and going to concerts. I can't imagine having the profound conversations with them that I had with, for example, a girl I was seeing in Barcelona. Certainly very few of the girls here are remotely wife material, except maybe the fat ones.

I just don't admire many of the girls here anymore. I don't see them as objects to spend my time pursuing like I used to. I'm left just kind of feeling empty.

Just curious if anyone else here has gone through this.
    Omgggggg post of the centuryyyyy +100000000000

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NYC

Quote Originally Posted by gq1 View Post
    That's a problem with your selection criteria, not with americans in general.
    +1

NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
    You might have travel goggles on. I thought similar things after being in Europe for some time. Different cultures produce different people. Now I definitely prefer American women. I think when you travel abroad, the women there are like shiney new toys. Then you get back to your old toys and they kinda suck... But only if you look at it that way. There's plenty of the above mentioned categories of women here, you might have just found bad apples that you're comparing to a (assuming) great experience; and in that light they seem like they aren't that great.
    Also a nice point. Great perspective