How to get the hot video gamer chick?
  1. How to get the hot video gamer chick?

Situation is as follows:

I'm in college, majoring in software engineering, with plans to be a game developer. I live off campus, so it's harder to get to know people. I'm also older, 30 to be exact. I have a group of friends that I hang out with when I'm on campus. Think normal people who just happen to like computers and coding, rather than geeks.

Among us is this gorgeous-yet-somehow-still-cute little brat. We'll call her Raye. She's very energetic and social around people she knows, but very quiet and cold around people she doesn't know well. I used to be in that last category, which was awkward with her, but she's warming up to me.

We also have a very alpha male guy who is REALLY good at the games he brings and sets up for everyone else to play. Pretty cool dude, let's call him Preston, also lives off campus, but only 5 minutes away. My drive is 20.

She and he had been in said group before me. I like Raye. I also like everyone else there and want to be a part of their social circle.

Raye is my #1 goal, integrating with them is #2, but I want both. What's the best way to handle this?

#1 be an ethical, easy-going, confident, dependable guy. Express genuine interest in spending time with the girl.
    #2 be an ethical, easy-going, confident, dependable guy. Express genuine interest in spending time with the group.

You seem to be implying there's some kind of confict about picking up this girl out of the group of friends. There's not. Just be subtle enough to not disrespect the group.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gq1 View Post
    You seem to be implying there's some kind of confict about picking up this girl out of the group of friends. There's not. Just be subtle enough to not disrespect the group.
    No, there isn't any conflict. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I would actually like to be better friends with the dude and, of course, more than just friends with her, and avoid any potential conflict. I'm simply stating the situation and mentioning who appears to be my biggest competition with this particular girl. I'm also not focused solely on her. I have other options. But she's my favorite thus far, and a member of the group I would most like to be a bigger part of.

I had been considering bringing my own console with games they would probably enjoy (and that I'm also better at), but I don't know if that would be cool and show I'm willing to contribute, or instead look like I'm trying too hard and possibly stir up conflict.

Don't worry about other guys, the only competition is the dark parts of your own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gq1 View Post
    Don't worry about other guys, the only competition is the dark parts of your own mind.
    gold