Circumcision.....

12 LastLast
  1. Circumcision.....

Here's the down and dirty... I am a circumcised man and never thought twice about doing the same to my (future) son.

Until last night... When my girlfriend tells me that there's basically no way in hell she'd let our unborn baby boy be circumsiced.

And goes on an on, gives me like "Informed" YouTube video with a dude that had so many lines like "circumcisions has caused death"....

In my head, I'm like... Well I'm here... And just basically comparing all of this bogus shit to my own experience....

She feels so passionaltly about it, I seriously think we may break up over it... Truthfully... I don't think it should be a woman's call...

For those who are or who are not circumsiced... What would you do in the case that your partner would only accept the opposite and how that would make you feel?

Thanks.

Netherlands

You never thought about doing it but now she is for some reason strictly against it and you start to make a problem from it.

The child is from you both so of course she has a say in the matter. I see no reason to throw away this relationship because of this, maybe that she believes YouTube videos so much but that's something else. ; )

3. It's boiled down to that she doesn't want the new born harmed.... Whereas I see it as a male ritual that's part of my ancestral origin...

I also had told her^^^ like you mentioned, that breaking up because we disagree about circumsicion is dumb... But, if we differ so strongly, and acknowledging the others side, I'm even up for flipping a coin to be over with it... But when there's no compromise -thanks to the internets "advocacy groups" imprinting her with trauma, and building on her feminine emotional evolutionary reaction to "her baby being hurt" has led to a zero compromise situation...

im curious to ask people here, about that choice they would make in their own life... circumcised or non circumcised, would you choose that your son be different than you? -and I'm curious if there are any males who are circumcised going to non circumcised... Or visa versa.. Where a non circumcised father chooses circumcision for their son....

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocontrol View Post
    Truthfully... I don't think it should be a woman's call...
    A statement like that is very saying for why I think any ancestral, religious or cultural reasons for circumcision is retrogressive

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocontrol View Post
    What would you do in the case that your partner would only accept the opposite and how that would make you feel?
    If I met a woman who was adamant about circumcision, I would know that I could never have a child with her and I would probably not really want to date her anymore at all. If she got pregnant anyway I would fight circumcision with with everything I got, including going to court.

Nyc

Girls think uncircumsized dicks are ugly have him circumsized your the man so do it

Quote Originally Posted by Jediblood View Post
    Girls think uncircumsized dicks are ugly have him circumsized your the man so do it
    You claim to be a dating coach but now you effectively made half of the globe's male population self conscious about their own dick. Way to go.

You are a special kind of ignorant. In Europe and Russia the prevalence of circumcision is less than 5%. There's a world beyond the sphere you live in.

Ignore jediblood's comment, it's ridiculous. Whether you're circumcised or not, some girl's may think they have a preference or not, they may even say that they could never give a guy a blowjob if he was circumcised/not circumcised, but when it comes down to business any normal woman won't care much beyond curiosity if they have mostly been used to one type.

Never made sense to me, Its making a permanent alteration to an infants body which he may not or may resent you for in the future. I know alot of circumcised men who resent their parents for doing, and others who don't care, and most (not all) of the ones who dont care said it bothers them a little. For me I'm not circumcised, I'm glad, I would probably get used to it but hold it against my parents in the same way as if they had tatooed me with a crucifix or something, it would be like taking liberties with permanent consequences with my body instead of giving me the choice. I think its regressive and pointless unless its a medical necessity like phimosis, because it really ought to be the choice of an rational thinking adult individual as opposed to forced upon them when they are a defenseless infant. If it is such a rational decision (which It doesn't seem to be) there should be no problems consulting with me when I was adult enough to make my own decisions, but its not a rational decision, there is no logic and no reason and therefore no intelligence in it. to me its like looking at your child like a piece of property which you are entitled to do anything with.

Los Angeles

Im circumcized. Tbh, had no idea what it was until i was like 15-17. But the women like it, so no complaints. I'll probably get my son circumcized since he'll be the first born...when i decide to settle down :P

9. circumcision can take out a ton of pleasure from sex. I got a circumcision when I was 16 and theres a huge difference.

10. about circumcision I can only say that for medical purposes it is advisable because the part that is removed avoids many genital diseases as I have read