How to start learning Pickup
123 LastLast
  1. How to start learning Pickup

Hello guys,

I'm a long time browser but first time poster. So I know how incredible a lot of the advise on this forum is.

I'm wanting to learn how to pick up woman and i know Magic bullets but for a new person who's learning how do you remember and apply all the techniques from Magic bullets, phone game and dating to ensure you can be successful ?

I've read Magic bullets and Phone game and found it to be a great book but I struggle to remember all the techniques and steps.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

Thank you all for the great work you do !

You wont remember entire book straight away, its simply impossible what you can do is practice and with every new set you will learn more and more.
    here is example:
    For 2-3 weeks focus only on opening,attraction and transition as soon as you feel that you are good at it, go to next 3 steps . In that way at the end you will know the things to do naturally

London

Congrats for wanting to take action!

You're going about it the wrong way trying to remember everything and implement it all right away.
    One of the keys to getting really good at this stuff is to practice in a smart and effective way.

If you're completely new to this, then disregard EVERYTHING apart from opening. You want to really small chunk this, so that you can get each part really nailed and then add on the next steps after that.
    This way you're building solid foundations each time rather than trying to throw everything together and hope it sticks.

Have fun doing this, it's not always an easy journey but it's certainly fun!
    Vox - Love Systems Instructor
    -------------------------------------------------

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH 2016 - www.datingcoachvox.com

FOLLOW ME: Twitter / Facebook

Yes, Vox has the right idea. Imagine you just read a book about how to play the piano? You would never remember everything in the book when you sit down to play, so you have to start with small pieces and work your way up.

Here's the very first thing you should learn when it comes to starting out:

1. Work on your ability to do things even when you don't want to. Do what's best for you, regardless of how uncomfortable it makes you. This is also called "being a man". Easy to pick-up, hard to master.
    Derek Cajun
    -------------------------------------------------

Reviews Blog Products Twitter

NYC, ATX

Yes Vox Nailed it. One step at a time brother. Ponder these first questions...

-Are you going out to a venue(s) that has women you are attracted to at least 2x a week?
    -do you have a strategy for approaching?
    -Are you doing as many approaches as you can?

Thats it for now man.
    E-mail me at intrigue@lovesystems.com if you are interested in working with me. Serious inquiries only!

6. I'm also victim to information overload. Right now I'm choosing to focus on one or two things

How about not thinking of it as 'pick up' and thinking of it as learning how to relate to, connect with, and date women? Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by supermagico View Post
    How about not thinking of it as 'pick up' and thinking of it as learning how to relate to, connect with, and date women? Big difference.
    How about thinking of it as pickup if what he wants to learn is pickup.

If he wants to learn how to relate to, connect with and date women, using game techniques, well then create a thread called "how to benefit from game when learning how to relate to, connect with and date women. Not all of us need to learn "the basics", we got that down (my deepest respect to those who do need to learn that, and makes an effort to do so), some of us just want to actually get better at pickup up women and have sex with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    How about thinking of it as pickup if what he wants to learn is pickup.

If he wants to learn how to relate to, connect with and date women, using game techniques, well then create a thread called "how to benefit from game when learning how to relate to, connect with and date women. Not all of us need to learn "the basics", we got that down (my deepest respect to those who do need to learn that, and makes an effort to do so), some of us just want to actually get better at pickup up women and have sex with them.

How about not. Pick up for losers. Yes, I said it. Pick up is for LOSERS. I don't mean a dick here, although I probably am, but thinking of handling your dating life through pick up is like a fat guy going to mcdonalds and thinking it's better than going to the buffet... which is quite debatable as the buffet is probably healthier. Learning to connect, relate, etc with women is NOT basic shit. Most guys don't have a clue to do that. I'm not talking about nice guy friendzone bullshit. That's not actual connection. I'm talking about learning to understand women. Yes, attraction is important. And not the way PUA's teach it... attraction is important, but the best guys in the game, such as Valentino x(if you know who that is, you KNOW who that is..) all stress that CONNECTION as the most important thing. Without connection, you have nothing. Maybe you can get in her pants for one night if she's drunk or your game is really tight, but how do you keep her around after that, even if you only want it to be casual? Plus, when you do connect with a chick, sex happens much quicker. These skills are NOT basic skills. If you can connect with a woman, and you have the balls to go in for kiss, and make the move, you will be golden. A guy who knows how to connect with a girl will always get more girls than a guy who only knows how to spit some game. The two are interrelated though. Being able to connect with girls, the ones you truly like, makes them more attracted to you. And like I said, especially if you want to keep them around. I was not to long ago dating 4 chicks at the same time, them knowing it, by managing the connection with these girls. I was able to have strong connections and create that with all of these girls which is why they stuck around. So I'd prioritize that over learning some bull shit fake ass DHV stories, or negs, or whatever the hell pick up teaches these days. Connection comes first. Just make the move when it's time. That does require some practice, but with learning pick up from pick up instructors is that 99% of them teach you how to be fake, and totally utterly completely ignore the connecting part, which is the meat and potatoes of all dealing with women. So you may get lucky once in a blue moon, but you damn well won't keep em around. And the quality of women you will attract will blow ass as well. So no, this is not 'basic' shit. Connecting with women a skillset and a complex one at that. I just finished an article about all this, so take a look at it when I post it mochaman.

Pick up for losers. Yes, I said it. Pick up is for LOSERS.
    We can discuss semantics all day if you want. Why don't we start by you defining what you mean when you say "pickup".

To me pickup was something that I wanted to learn when I started going to nightclubs and bars around the age 22. I never had any problems meting or connecting with women at all, but I mostly went to high school and college parties in my small town, so my first time in a nightclub I was downright discombobulated. I didn't need to fix my dating life. I didn't need to learn how to understand women (with the caveat that as a man who date women, you will never stop learning new things about them)

I just wanted to add to my dating life by learning how to pick up a woman in a nightclub or a bar: Pickup.

So no, this is not 'basic' shit. Connecting with women a skillset and a complex one at that.
    I agree, it's a skillset, everything but instincts are. We don't have to discuss that socializing is a skill that can be learned. And we don't have to discuss that it's a complex skillset if you didn't learn it naturally growing up. We also do not need to discuss that forming a connection with women is important if you want more than to have sex with her a few times. What is this? You are just listing obviousness.

Many guys DID learn it automatically when growing up, as seamlessly as we learned our native language. Don't project one group of guys' problems on to all guys.

I'd prioritize that over learning some bull shit fake ass DHV stories, or negs, or whatever the hell pick up teaches these days.
    Lol, are you seriously kidding me? You are talking about things that by large only exists on forums amongst keyboard jockeys or guys who just read the game for the first time. The only time most of us use the words DHV, negs etc. is when suggesting to a guy who uses those words that he should STOP using them.

It seems that you are commenting on something you know little about, maybe because you only scratched the surface and concluded that you know better. In that case, get in touch with some guys who are serious about learning pickup or game before you further comment on it because it's awkward to see you trying to distinguish yourself from something that doesn't really exist. What's next, we're gonna discuss limiting steam trains in North America.

Alternatively, you're just another guru trying to distinguish yourself from other gurus. If that's the case, you're doing a piss poor job at it.

I agree that many guys on forums use pickup advice in an unhealthy way. A lot of guys in game have absolutely no clue about how to connect with women and they think game is some technical formula that they just need to follow and then they will drown in pussy. Many of these guys can't be reached and they happen to be the same guys that you will never reach with articles about how you think connecting with women should rather be taught, even if your stuff is 100% correct.

You're preaching to the choir.