How to stop being a giant bloody vagina, and other tales of the sea

How to stop being a giant bloody vagina, and other tales of the sea

How to stop being a giant bloody vagina
    Step 1: Establish position among friends
    You can be the coolest flipping guy in existence, but if people see your friends treating you like shit, they're going to think that they can get away with doing it too. Unfortunately, you're going to have to approach this a certain way if you want to keep your friends, though. The strongest way, I'm experiencing, is by calling your friend out on his douchebaggery as it's happening and cutting him off for a period of time. It's the fastest way that'll show the friend that, "hey assweasel, I'm not fucking around anymore". If your "linebackers" aren't even playing on your team, then you're fuuuucked.
    Step 2: Fly solo when necessary
    You're a man. You don't "need a woman to complete you" 24/7. You also don't need your buddies to hold your hand. You're a sex machine who doesn't need anyone else to validate him. ...and hey, if you're not talking to your dick buddies while they learn their lesson, you can spend that week or two learning how to make it at the club on your own. Hell, standing on your own at the bar is still better than standing there at the bar with a couple lame friends, because it at least makes you an easier target for interested women. That, and your friends don't give you an easy excuse to stand there with one hand in your pocket and the other with a nearly empty beer in your hand; milking the rest so you look like you're actually doing something.
    Step 3: Establish your competency
    As is popular among the Mystery Forum right now, you should learn something cool and fun that's totally unrelated to being a PUA. Might I recommend guitar playing as pure sex? If you're incompetent with instruments, learn to cook. It's a ready-made day duece.
    Step 4: Be good at your job/school
    Being a pick-up artist isn't an escape from your work. At least, I don't think it should be. Being good at your job or in school raises your confidence level and increases your self-value.
    Step 5: Start holding parties
    Why? At least it will force you to call the people you've met previously to get them to come over. It'll improve your skills at convincing and you won't talk to "just one girl". Another benefit is that, if you're competent, you'll be the fun guy who throws awesome parties. Man, if you're imaginative enough, you can create some legenday nights; ie handcuff parties, etc.
    Step 6: Do NOT want a girlfriend
    Actively convince yourself that you don't want a girlfriend, and then forget that you even convinced yourself of that. Forget that the word "girlfriend" even exists. Desperation has a smell, and it smells like Axe body spray.
    Gleaned from the past few weeks of Gaming-
    1. When entering a club with a group of more than 2, still establish a primary and a wing. Otherwise, you're just going to enter into a cockblock contest and things will devolve from there.
    2. Fluffing is fluffing. At no point should the following things enter into conversation- sparkplugs, cars, weather, politics, or anything else of that nature, unless it's a story that only touches on those things loosely. Talking about your job shouldn't occur in A2 unless you are or are playing a) a rockstar, b) an actor, or c) something to that level of coolness. If you're an investment banker... sorry. Fluffing isn't for you; the eventual sex is.
    3. Getting called creepy or some other undesirable adjective isn't necessarily the end of the world. Prepare to take it as if it were a shit-test and let the colorful adjectives fly back her direction. If you calls you creepy, just throw out an "Look who's talking, Miss Shady".
    4. You will become a dancing monkey if you say any more than two funny things in a 10 minute period. Girls don't want to fuck Jerry Seinfeld.
    5. Gaming is absolutely counterintuitive. Love the mamma bear, shun the hot chick. If your buddies are gaming with you and they just put off the fat friend, put your arm around her and bring her back in. Winning over warpig won't get you HB (this isn't a fairy tale), it'll trip her up. Treat the warpig as if she were your wing. Of course, most people who have access to this forum know this already.
    6. I hate to go against Mystery Method here, but alc DOES help some people. It helps, though, to take the edge off, and not your conversational skills. I think Mystery advises against it more for the people who have little to no skill EVEN when they're drunk. For those people, sure, might as well do it sober if you're that bad.
    7. If your buddy is sinking with his target, THROW HIM A LIFE PRESERVER. Your buddy isn't only fucking you over; he's making you all look bad too. If he starts talking about bolt casing or fuel emissions, you need to throw him a, "oh yeah, did you know my buddy -blah blah blah-?"
    8. As I noted once before, the approach itself stymies PUAs because it's counterintuitive to Mystery Method. The whole goal of MM is to feign disinterest and the approach shows interest, forcing negs to counteract it. The negs, more than anything, exist simply to cancel out the fact that you ever approached her. Unfortunately, if you sit on your hands all night, you're only going to get a few approaches, and definitely not the ones you want.
    9. A great topic that lead me to sex and relationship discussions last weekend was "Drinking Games". When I brought up never getting to play Spin the Bottle and Seven Minutes in Heaven when I was younger (Strict Parents), it led right into girlfriend talk. Feel free to try it out and see where it goes.
    10. Don't put the pussy on a pedestal right after you leave or you'll fuck it up. 'nuff said. Going out with regularity also solves ALL problems. Scared of approaches? Hitting the same place every other day will destroy the shellshock. You'll even see the same girls often enough to where you'll just naturally be able to approach.
    11. Feel free to be turned off by a girl. That's just a sign that you're improving as a PUA and that looks mean little to nothing now that your targets are whittled down to 8s and up. Just pitch them. Shady is also good. Any opportunity you get to be vague with a girl, do it. Never explain yourself, and always make it seem as if you have other girls you're seeing. Being taken is sexy.
    Just observations; take them or leave them.

2. 07-18-2006, 07:02 PM

Reason
    Removed as part of best of cleanup

3. 07-18-2006, 08:01 PM

Reason

4. 07-19-2006, 02:24 AM

Reason

5. 07-20-2006, 09:17 AM

Reason

New York City

"8. As I noted once before, the approach itself stymies PUAs because it's counterintuitive to Mystery Method. The whole goal of MM is to feign disinterest and the approach shows interest, forcing negs to counteract it. The negs, more than anything, exist simply to cancel out the fact that you ever approached her. Unfortunately, if you sit on your hands all night, you're only going to get a few approaches, and definitely not the ones you want."
    Well you don't really have a choice about approaching if you want any say in what girls you get. MM really teaches you to approach a girl acting like you need something or are being friendly and at all costs you avoid having them think you are there because you want SEX.

7. 07-20-2006, 04:31 PM

Reason

8. 07-20-2006, 04:54 PM

Reason

So, yeah, I'm revisiting this topic. Essentially, my theme for the past couple months has been, "be your own man".
    How can you be some girl's "man", if you can't even be your own? If you feel like you're buddies are walking all over you, set them straight. If you don't feel like your getting your due, voice your opinion strongly.
    Raise your voice if you have to. Keep it short and focused.
    Take people aside and bitch them out. It's sexier to be respected and hated than disrespected and liked. Elmer Fudd doesn't get ass.
    Don't walk. Strut.
    Take responsibility, don't "accept" it. The Jesuits have a saying: "be a man for others". Well, you can't be a man for others if you're not a man for your own sake first.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have a friend to call out that bitches about other people using him, then he, himself, goes out and uses others. Peace.

10. 07-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Reason

good post.. HOWEVER
    i dont agree with number 4 and the 2 jokes every 10 mins thing.
    Being a dancing monkey isnt defined through a ratio of humor to time.
    Is purely a byproduct of your character.
    If you were figuratively speaking i understand. but humor and jokes are never the motivating factor in a situation like this, its the character they both stem from.

Unless you're able to pull some radical change-up, a girl is going to see you forever in the way she saw you initially. If you're a joker, then your use to her is for humor. Though, there's a huge difference between being "funny guy" and ribbing her. If there are some difficulties in establishing the line, a lot of mPUAs recommend being "fun" rather than "funny" as a safer bet.
    So anyways, I was out tonight at one of those outdoor bars with a buddy and a couple girls. My friend puts an empty beer mug on a table that people are sitting at. The girl at the table gasps and says, "that's so rude!", and the guy turns around to admonish my buddy. My instincts kick in and I head over and say, "Do we have a problem? Do you own this table, because, last I checked, the bar owns both that mug and the table you're sitting at right now. Of course, if you're still having a problem, we can take this outside right now." The guy quickly turned back around and went back to his business. Luckily for me, the girls with me saw the whole thing and I got placed at alpha status immediately.
    Two weeks ago, I started holding myself and my friends to higher standards, and I wouldn't have been able to do what I did tonight. Of course, I ran the risk of the guy stepping out and fighting me, but that's all right. I figure I might as well get back on Creatine and take up boxing anyway. It's a DHV, eh? I guess part of being alpha is running the risk of confrontation, so you should be prepared if you want to play this game.

Because he believes in himself
    he doesn't try to convince others
    Because he is content with himself
    he doesn't need others' approval
    Because he accepts himself
    the whole world accepts him

The Master- Tao te Jing

this thread's got my vote for best of. Can't ever have enough allinone guides out there, there's way too much shit around to read it all.
    Have to disagree on the dancing monkey bit though. You can tell as many jokes as you want, but it has to be inversly proportional to your first 3 or so minutes. All my stories are as funny as I can make them. But I start out by ballbusting. Like 2 days ago I started out by busting on this chick for having an extra joint in her toes (from dancing or something...apparently its common) and then later on I told a whole bunch of my stories until she had to leave with her boyfriend. Did pretty well considering she was in the same room as her bf, and I was getting all her attention.
    If I had started out joking, I would have been a dancing monkey. Plus, a key characteristic of dancing monkeys are they're try-hard. If you're not try hard, do all the tricks and jokes you want, as long as the frame is that doing them entertains you first and them second.
    Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by legonz
    Unless you're able to pull some radical change-up, a girl is going to see you forever in the way she saw you initially. If you're a joker, then your use to her is for humor. Though, there's a huge difference between being "funny guy" and ribbing her. If there are some difficulties in establishing the line, a lot of mPUAs recommend being "fun" rather than "funny" as a safer bet.
    So anyways, I was out tonight at one of those outdoor bars with a buddy and a couple girls. My friend puts an empty beer mug on a table that people are sitting at. The girl at the table gasps and says, "that's so rude!", and the guy turns around to admonish my buddy. My instincts kick in and I head over and say, "Do we have a problem? Do you own this table, because, last I checked, the bar owns both that mug and the table you're sitting at right now. Of course, if you're still having a problem, we can take this outside right now." The guy quickly turned back around and went back to his business. Luckily for me, the girls with me saw the whole thing and I got placed at alpha status immediately.
    Two weeks ago, I started holding myself and my friends to higher standards, and I wouldn't have been able to do what I did tonight. Of course, I ran the risk of the guy stepping out and fighting me, but that's all right. I figure I might as well get back on Creatine and take up boxing anyway. It's a DHV, eh? I guess part of being alpha is running the risk of confrontation, so you should be prepared if you want to play this game.
    yeh see thats the tricky part, not the humor, but stealing alpha status by showing a complete disregard for the fear of physical confrontation.
    im not sure what the cumulative reaction would have been unless i was there and able to calibrate the actual environment.
    i myself would view a man who takes a stand as someone who has value. but there are people who prob witnessed your behavoir and concluded other things. im not really sure but sometimes when i see someone so passively eager to fight (passive because of how you worded it) i may have concluded they lacked the brains to diffuse a simmering dispute in a more intellectual fashion rather than a threat, full or hollow.
    im speaking more for myself though. because even when i threaten someone in a calculated manner, i still feel like im still being misjudged my a good majority of the people as being to quick to throw knuckles and prove i have no problem with fighting, which i dont, but i have a problem with the 5 with a mandatory 2 year stip our states judges dish out for assualt.
    and for those of you who dont know me, i think it may be a good idea to further introduce myself before people start misreading me.. but ill do that in the right forum.

15. 07-31-2006, 05:19 PM

Reason

16. 08-30-2006, 04:55 PM

Reason
    Extraneous

17. 08-30-2006, 11:13 PM

Reason

18. 09-25-2006, 02:01 PM

This is a good post, especially about standing up to your friends. One thing that women look for in a man is being the leader of the pack. IF your friends dont respect you, then it is going to be hard for a women to respect you. A lot of times friends will talk %%% about you in gealousy as well...just because they are pissed because you get more than them. Even so you always have to command respect from people. Also the thing aobut humor, some people have a certain knack for it. I know a couple of guys who are non-stop jokers and constantly get laid. The reason is because their jokes are original/situational and come from a creative intelligent wit. I think girls can pick up on that and it is attractive. It really is part of the persona. If you don't have the knack for it and are trying to entertain then it would be a bad idea for sure.

20. 11-26-2006, 11:56 PM

Still my favorite title for a post on here!! And this was 7 years ago :P