Strippers and bar managers - Page 2

FirstFirst 12
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Milz View Post
    I still think its better to be friends with a club manager.
    Over the years of hanging out with strippers I canít recall one ever being enamored by their bar manager. On the contrary, Iíve heard of many frustrations the girls had dealing with them Ė issues about fees, schedules, and behaviors. With my favorite stripper (a long time gf) I used to take the bus to where she worked, hangout until her shift ended, and weíd leave together in her car. Much of our activities had to be done behind the bar managerís back including getting into her car.

I know one fellow who mostly lived off of an allowance from his father until he was about 35 when his father died unexpectedly leaving this fellow with an inheritance of tens of millions of dollars. One of his first acts was to open a strip club in the hopes that he could get a stripper girlfriend. Sure enough, the club wasnít open a month and he was sporting around town with his new stripper girlfriend on his arm. Thing is, she really didnít like him. She just knew that if she played the part that heíd provide for her, her young child, and her teenaged brother; which he did in grand fashion. Everyone knew this fellow was being used but it took him several months to figure it out. By the way, his club went belly up because he wasnít a very good manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Milz
    Most bar girls/strippers/waitress any female low level employee will fuck or be attracted to the Boss or manager.
    Technically, if the manager allows this to happen, he could be committing a crime and exposing himself to a lawsuit.

Free entry, free drinks, free tables, vip bar service.
    Over the years one of my closest friends has been a woman who has long been the lead bartender and bar manager of a small strip club. Beyond my glass never running out and the celebrity treatment, there really isnít much of a benefit to me while in the club during open hours. However on Friday nights, after the doors have been locked, she often invites people to attend an after hours club. Mostly we are all men who own or run small businesses and/or are self employed. A lot of business dealings have occurred in this little social setting. The fellow I mentioned earlier I met at one of these gatherings. The only time strippers come into play is that they get invited to the same parties that I do where I get to know them socially.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Potato View Post
    I write this as a counter to those who think that it is a good idea to buddy up with bartenders or bar managers in an effort to give oneself social credibility in order to win over a stripper.
    Completely agree. I knew who the managers were I just never liked speaking with them for too long. A quick hand shake & I try to get out of there. My focus was always to have a good time & relax. If I picked up a stripper cool, if not, that's cool too. The boss men just always seemed pissed, they didn't joke, & they just generally weren't in a pleasant frame of mind. I didn't like their vibes, so I avoided them.

I always saw the boss as a hindrance. No good could come from it, in my opinion.

Not saying you couldn't make something good happen with shooting the breeze with the managers. I just never met a strip club owner that I liked enough to invite over for after parties.

3. [QUOTE=Potato;978423]Over the years of hanging out with strippers I can’t recall one ever being enamored by their bar manager. On the contrary, I’ve heard of many frustrations the girls had dealing with them – issues about fees, schedules, and behaviors.

I can confirm this. I never heard the end of it when the managers made changes to just about anything that involved their freedoms in the club. Freedoms like, not letting them smoke pot in the dressing rooms anymore, having a set stage rotation flow chart, increased fees, shitty work hours, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Potato View Post
    Technically, if the manager allows this to happen, he could be committing a crime and exposing himself to a lawsuit.
    I knew of this happening quite a bit. I never really cared, but I'd still hear about it. When ever a stripper would get fired, which happened a lot, they wouldn't STAY fired for too long... this also happened a lot.

I wonder why?

I like you potato... you know your shit!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Potato View Post

Over the years one of my closest friends has been a woman who has long been the lead bartender and bar manager of a small strip club. Beyond my glass never running out and the celebrity treatment, there really isn’t much of a benefit to me while in the club during open hours. However on Friday nights, after the doors have been locked, she often invites people to attend an after hours club. Mostly we are all men who own or run small businesses and/or are self employed. A lot of business dealings have occurred in this little social setting. The fellow I mentioned earlier I met at one of these gatherings. The only time strippers come into play is that they get invited to the same parties that I do where I get to know them socially.
    I don't think having sex is a crime? maybe it could be called misconduct or frowned apon if it was done at work. But a manager banging an employee outside of the workplace is not against the law as far as I'm aware. Yes it does leave things open to a sexual harassment lawsuit. Maybe a SC manager banging a stripper inside the club is against the law I'm not sure.

I do know that your bar manager friend is definitely committing a crime and risking the clubs liquor license. If I was a SC manager/owner and I knew my bar staff were having after hours party's serving alcohol outside trading hours and risking me huge fines and a provoked license. They would be fired. Technically the Owner/Manager would be committing a crime by allowing this to happen.

I have worked in pubs/clubs and the staff were having a quiet knock off drink after close. One staff member went outside for a smoke and the liquor police just happened to be outside watching. The club got a huge fine for serving drinks outside their licensed trading hours. The duty manager got into alot of shit and got fired or moved to another venue. Not ringing up the drinks on the tills etc, because of the time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Milz View Post
    I don't think having sex is a crime? maybe it could be called misconduct or frowned apon if it was done at work. But a manager banging an employee outside of the workplace is not against the law as far as I'm aware. Yes it does leave things open to a sexual harassment lawsuit. Maybe a SC manager banging a stripper inside the club is against the law I'm not sure.
    In Florida, Managers have lost their jobs when a stripper went ballistic after getting involved. So, the good ones want to keep their job for a decade, they don't do this. They can hook you up, but you have to bring some serious cash in regularly, get on their good side, and basically become a VIP. Honestly, the money is better spent elsewhere. I've had two stripper FWBs tell me lurid stories about "casting couch" issues. In TPA, you don't do this as a manager if you want to stay employed. Potato is dead on on this one. And the type of guy who sets this up will just fuck with your game (whatever pussy you get, he's not getting), so he's a hindrance more than a help.

I do know that your bar manager friend is definitely committing a crime and risking the clubs liquor license. If I was a SC manager/owner and I knew my bar staff were having after hours party's serving alcohol outside trading hours and risking me huge fines and a provoked license. They would be fired. Technically the Owner/Manager would be committing a crime by allowing this to happen.

I have worked in pubs/clubs and the staff were having a quiet knock off drink after close. One staff member went outside for a smoke and the liquor police just happened to be outside watching. The club got a huge fine for serving drinks outside their licensed trading hours. The duty manager got into alot of shit and got fired or moved to another venue. Not ringing up the drinks on the tills etc, because of the time.
    Depends on the location. In my area, not so much, as long as it wasn't over much and the club saw profits. In Ybor, yeah, this would be a no-no. They've closed down the Ybor Strip for a month with an incident like this. But that's TPD; in Pinellas, they're just "well, it's keeping the freaks off the street, so it works for us". They will, however, camp roads outside of late-open strip clubs and nab you on a DUI.

6. Quote Originally Posted by joedreamer View Post
    I like you potato... you know your shit!
    Thank you.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Milz
    What is against the law is using oneís position of power to lure a subordinate into a sexual relationship.

Actually here it works kind of backwards from what you describe. After hours, after the doors have been locked, what goes on inside the club, from a legal standpoint, is no different from any other private business or home. What Iíve been talking about is a private gathering of friends which just happens to occur inside of a building that operates as a strip club during its normal business hours. Besides drinks arenít being served.

8. Re: Strippers and bar managers

So we decided to go back to learn more from the strippers Central Coast and the club manager about their job, their clients, and how to behave in a strip club.

9. Strippers and bar managers

... even has hip, sammich maker with requisite foot tattoo.

I guess I just dont understand ownin all them guns. Whats he so afraid of??