Hitting the RESET button

Hitting the RESET button

I'd like to approach this question in a high level view so people can easily glance over it and go "okay, thats what I need to do" as opposed to read a bunch of BS that is irrelevant to their specific situation. SO...

Whenever you fuck up, act beta, look like an idiot, or whenever you find yourself in a one-itis situation...

..what is the best way of dealing with it in a way that allows you to re-approach the situation with the upper hand, or rather, in a position where you could possibly re-initiate with the intent of f'closing or pursuing something more serious?

IGNORE BELOW if you don't want my specific situation as an example:

I was talking with a girl that I've known and hooked up with for awhile. Things are difficult (long distance and college) and a series of events took place where I jumped over many emotional barriers and acted like a needy BETA who craved her far more than what was healthy...

Basically, we were talking, flirting, and made plans to re-connect once we were close to each other. Then, I saw some photos of her hanging out with some guys I don't like and flipped... told her she was trash and I didn't want to deal with her... then flipped AGAIN! and said I didn't care but I cared for her and wanted to make it work anyways.. Basically resulting in me looking like a chump and her saying to herself, "he's crazy" - really I'm downplaying it, but I was an emotional wreck the last convo we had and came off crazy.

Since that incident, we went a couple of days with NC where I called her, apologized for being a weirdo and told her some excuses why. Regardless, she said "I know why you did it but it doesnt change the fact that you DID IT. And if that happened to one of my friends, I'd tell her to move on... so thats what I'm doing. I like you but I think its best we do our own thing for awhile." Actually saying to me she didnt think it was a good idea for us to talk anymore - (not sure for how long as its kind of in her hands and I said I'd respect that).

So for those who read that little story, I'll re-ask the same question: What is the best solution to a situation like this?

My take on it is this: respect her space, GFTOW and forget about her while doing so, then re-initiate a WAYS down the road when it wouldnt be awkward. Of course I really want to call her, fix it RIGHT NOW, and continue like nothing happened.

I guess my issue is, I'm holding onto the idea that she will re-initiate before I get to that point, and I'm anxious for it.

there are this many people on earth at this very moment

World Population Clock: 7 Billion People - Worldometers

why does this 1 matter. There are endless amounts of girls you have not messed up with that will offer more than this girl ever will.

move on and find another... The more you have the less important this 1 girls opinion of you will be.

that is what I would do

Quote Originally Posted by BoomGoesTheDynamite View Post
    I'd like to approach this question in a high level view so people can easily glance over it and go "okay, thats what I need to do" as opposed to read a bunch of BS that is irrelevant to their specific situation. SO...

Whenever you fuck up, act beta, look like an idiot, or whenever you find yourself in a one-itis situation...

..what is the best way of dealing with it in a way that allows you to re-approach the situation with the upper hand, or rather, in a position where you could possibly re-initiate with the intent of f'closing or pursuing something more serious?

IGNORE BELOW if you don't want my specific situation as an example:

I was talking with a girl that I've known and hooked up with for awhile. Things are difficult (long distance and college) and a series of events took place where I jumped over many emotional barriers and acted like a needy BETA who craved her far more than what was healthy...

Basically, we were talking, flirting, and made plans to re-connect once we were close to each other. Then, I saw some photos of her hanging out with some guys I don't like and flipped... told her she was trash and I didn't want to deal with her... then flipped AGAIN! and said I didn't care but I cared for her and wanted to make it work anyways.. Basically resulting in me looking like a chump and her saying to herself, "he's crazy" - really I'm downplaying it, but I was an emotional wreck the last convo we had and came off crazy.

Since that incident, we went a couple of days with NC where I called her, apologized for being a weirdo and told her some excuses why. Regardless, she said "I know why you did it but it doesnt change the fact that you DID IT. And if that happened to one of my friends, I'd tell her to move on... so thats what I'm doing. I like you but I think its best we do our own thing for awhile." Actually saying to me she didnt think it was a good idea for us to talk anymore - (not sure for how long as its kind of in her hands and I said I'd respect that).

So for those who read that little story, I'll re-ask the same question: What is the best solution to a situation like this?

My take on it is this: respect her space, GFTOW and forget about her while doing so, then re-initiate a WAYS down the road when it wouldnt be awkward. Of course I really want to call her, fix it RIGHT NOW, and continue like nothing happened.

I guess my issue is, I'm holding onto the idea that she will re-initiate before I get to that point, and I'm anxious for it.
    Vercetti's Blog Insights on how to always be interesting

I'm assuming this is the same oneitis chick you've had a few threads about. I have a girl like that too. Check the above link, it's a great concept even if you just take a couple days to refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by WowOMG View Post
    Vercetti's Blog Insights on how to always be interesting

I'm assuming this is the same oneitis chick you've had a few threads about. I have a girl like that too. Check the above link, it's a great concept even if you just take a couple days to refresh.
    I understand the concept of what this is all about... and both posts so far have led into what is necessary to help reset, or rather re-approach a girl (one-itis, exgf, or whoever) in a mindset that would give you a better frame.

But that really is my question... is it possible to REALLY re-initiate with a girl with a complete dominate frame? I chose my one-itis because it has ended so poorly that I am doubtful (as bitchy as she can be) that I can truly reframe it in such a way that makes me look like 'the catch'.. at one point she saw me as that, but through a series of beta moves, I grinded that down pretty quickly.

Before anyone jumps onto the whole "your mentality is wrong". This isn't my mentality about this girl. I know what's up and I am quick to move on when necessary. Plus, I guarantee by the time we do reconnect (or if we ever), I will be leaps and bounds over her.

I am curious, even with a strong frame, will she ever forget about the moments of instability?? - ie, will the first sign of a weariness in my frame make her say "oh yeah that's right, he's xxxx".

Going with Loveaffair's post... who cares, and non of it really matters when there are plenty more out there. But I think its a fair question to answer - Hell, I may pick up one of her friends and this chick could be feeding her BS that would work against me w/o the proper mentality..

Re: Hitting the RESET button

Is it possible? Yes absolutely but to make that transformation its going to take you several years of practice and refining yourself. By then you wont really care what her opinion is. You would be so alpha that her impression of your past and history wont matter. You would have dated lots of women in between she would probably be barely a memory. In the event she is still part of your life and you want to win her over, it will just happen because you have those skills.

Point being.. commit to learning this lifestyle and either you will find something so much better her opinion no longer matters or you will have the skill to win her over if you choose to

6. Spiraling into game will help you get over this girl, get better with women, and bring an abundance of them into your life. You'll probably change as a person, as you become very adept socially and find that people will be drawn to you. You'll probably realize that yeah you had some issues, but you're better off without her, and you'll most likely wish her the best in her new endeavors and bask in the glory of dating hotter women than her and know that her jealousy is peaked even though the two of you are no more.