Ex gf angry(?) after she broke it up with me?

12 LastLast

Ex gf angry(?) after she broke it up with me?

So about 5-6 weeks ago my ex girlfriend ended things. She told me she didn't have any feelings for me. Things had been rocky for a little while, so I saw it coming. Told her "ok". Nothing else. We were in my car and she snapped. Cursed me out and slammed the door shut.

I have bumped into her a few times after that and she is completely ignoring me. Doesn't say hello or even look at me. I am handling the break ok i guess. Haven't contacted her or thought much about it. Busy at work and hooked up a few times with a girl i dated prior to this one.

Why is she completely ignoring me? She broke it off with me. Is she really angry at me?

Ask her !! She probably wants your attention !!

3. Quote Originally Posted by smack_me View Post
    So about 5-6 weeks ago my ex girlfriend ended things. She told me she didn't have any feelings for me. Things had been rocky for a little while, so I saw it coming. Told her "ok". Nothing else. We were in my car and she snapped. Cursed me out and slammed the door shut.

I have bumped into her a few times after that and she is completely ignoring me. Doesn't say hello or even look at me. I am handling the break ok i guess. Haven't contacted her or thought much about it. Busy at work and hooked up a few times with a girl i dated prior to this one.

Why is she completely ignoring me? She broke it off with me. Is she really angry at me?
    She's angry because you're ok with the break up. Considering she broke up with you, she was a little out of line to react like that. She may have been expecting you to ask questions as to why and perhaps even attempt to change her mind. But you didn't which could have a caused a knock to her ego.

Just keep doing what you're doing. It seems like you have a good handle on things and are taking the break up maturely.

Weird. Why would she say she has absolutely no feelings for me and then blow up completely, then continue to ignore me for 5-6 weeks (and counting)? Female logic, I don't get it.

As for the break up, yeah i'm fairly good. Never really had a problem getting over girls.

To say she has no feelings for you is just a lie. She may have no romantic feelings for you, but when you spend that much time with someone, you cannot help but feel something...

What she is pissed off with is that fact you where fine with the break up. Although she would never admit it, she would want you to be pissed off and fight for her (even if she really does want the break up). Everyone does. Its a boost to the ego to have someone you care about try and fight for you and keep you in there life. It is a MASSIVE blow to someone when you try and reject them and they accept it and even worse, they just dont care.

Although you have been the one who has been 'dumped' the way you acted, and the way you handled the break up has actually given you a higher standing in her eyes. The reason she doesnt talk to you etc is most likely because she is hurting and is pissed off at you because she thinks you arent hurting.

Dont worry about it. She broke up with you, and now you dont have to worry about how she feels or what she does. Keep doing what you are doing, and maintane your frame. Dont give in to her and keep the no contact going.

I wouldnt bother messaging her asking why she is so pissed... The answer is very evident, and it will just give her exactly what she wants after the break up. Attention and Validation.

6. Agree with the above commenters.

She's clearly emotional and not someone you want to be around no matter what's going through her head. Just stay out of contact and wait until she calms down, maybe ask her later if you guys end up on better terms in the future.
    I will say on the flip side of things, NC isn't always about attention and validation. Sometimes it's just like, whoa, I gotta get the hell away from this person. But here, when she's the one breaking up because she supposedly feels nothing and you're not instigating any drama, I'm gonna guess it's an attention play.

Quote Originally Posted by smack_me View Post
    Female logic
    Haha, good joke.

But seriously, this is her lashing out emotionally because you're acting unaffected. I would say the fact that you didn't beg for her back, seek some kind of closure, or even request a friendship is driving her crazy. Now she's the one with no closure to this situation because obviously she can't get it out of her mind that you've acted like a well adjusted, mature man about the whole thing. Everyone has an ego and I'm sure she's done this before and gotten a validating reaction out of the guys she's dumped. As we all know hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is. Hate and love typically share a similar level of emotional investment.

This post probably just reworded and paraphrased what everyone else has already said here. But I'll leave you with a quote from Fast Time's at Ridgemont High.

"It doesn't matter if she cums, stays, lays or prays. Whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'!"
    -Mike Damone

8. Well done for handling the break up like a pro.

Her attraction level towards you have shot up 10x.
    You're going to be in her head for a very very long time.

No she is asking herself:
    did he want me to dump him for a long time.
    Was he not bothered by our relationship.
    What did i do to him.
    Am i not good enough to fight for.
    and probably a lot more.

best revenge you can do to someone that broke your heart is to show them you didn't care.

It seems you're really not into her, so dont let it bother you.

I like her a lot. Or rather, I did like her a lot, but lately things were getting bad. She did things that pissed me off and I was getting fed up tbh (for instance quit studying and got a crap job which she thinks will make her rich). I've been busy with work lately as well and it seemed she kind of got more distant. I am way too proud to chase anyone for anything.

10. Wow. A friend of mine told me today she has a new boyfriend. My friend and her talked yesterday and he asked her where she'd been lately. She told him she had a new bf.

In just 6-7 weeks. Unbelievable. What a conniving little bitch. Good riddance.