What are your personal religious views and have they ever caused a problem?

12 LastLast
  1. What are your personal religious views and have they ever caused a problem?

What are your religious views and have those views ever caused a problem in your relationship or caused a relationship to end?

I'm christian but I have issues with some parts of the bible. So I simply read parts like proverbs which is basically common sense advice and not to sleep with prostitutes/cheats. Very good advice.

My views don't affect my relationships because I don't believe that it is my place to change a persons way of thinking. Respect my views, differ and disagree all you want but don't insult me for believing what I choose to believe and I'll return the favor.

Only if the girl is deeply devout (as I'm not)
    Generally it isn't an issue, and I don't bring it up or flaunt my flippant attitude towards it, but some people want to save the world...

Catholic here. It's frequently an issue when dating Americans. Asians, Europeans and Latinas don't have a problem with it.

5. I've dated two Mormon's in my life.

Never again.

Nuff' said.

Silicon Valley

Mine have never caused a problem cuz I don't have any.

However, my political views have led to quite a few clashes...

Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post

However, my political views have led to quite a few clashes...

Rogue
    No way! Rogue, political? I don't believe it.

8. I was raised a Christian. I read the entire Bible throughout and looked at multiple denomination's interpretations.

Now I'm an Agnostic borderline Atheist. Girls with a very strong faith don't dig it, but most girls I date are apathetic towards religion. They just celebrate the holidays and say they love Jebus. I'm not someone you want to get into a conversation about religion with.

I'm fiscally conservative, socially liberal (Libertarian), and that tends to butt heads with most people my age. Yeah, most young people are socially liberal, too, but my reasons for being such are different than theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Rogue
    Same here. :P

LA, soon to be NYC!

I'm a Chassidic/Orthodox Jew...I wasn't always this way, but the lifestyle grew on me because a lot of my social circle was involved in a few Jewish student organizations at my university. When I signed up on here/got into The Game, I hadn't yet become involved. Probably a majority of the exposure came when I moved into a room upstairs at the synagogue. I started to mix and match and balance both worlds nicely for a while. Some of the principles of game are compatible but a majority are completely incompatible with a religious Jewish life.

I actually dropped out of PUA for a while because of this. When I got my last gf(relationship of about 3 years), I was pretty sure I had things in lock-down the way I wanted. Distance damaged our relationship though(first me moving back to LA from SD, then me moving from LA to Miami and her SD to NYC) and it was clear we had changed as people (I became more conservative, while she was too stuck trying to cherry pick her lifestyle and please the many social worlds she lived in).

Now I'm back here to relearn the techniques and work on myself with the eventual hope that I can make some headway in the religious dating scene. It's a lot easier (some might call it fish-in-a-barrel) but personality matters a lot more and standards are WAY higher for the quality women. Beyond that, not sure what else to say..