Guys what's wrong with my convos? Text posted inside

Guys what's wrong with my convos? Text posted inside

I message these girls back and fourth, ask for a number and then boom, nothing.

Me: Can I challenge you to a spicy food contest? I feel like taking on a new challenge and that's right up my ally, unless you're chicken of course :P

HB:You're too goodlooking for me bwhahaha

Me: Haha why thank you. You're cute too but in a classy way, lol. I just had butter chicken last night. I think I'd be 300 lbs without a gym membership.

HB: Butter chicken isn't even spicy :P...Have you heard of the
    restaurant Salad King? Food is great but yeah, it's important to stay healthy lol.

Me: Haven't heard of Salad King but not surprising since I'm not a salad type of guy. I've been learning how to cook rather than eating out recently

HB: No Salad king is this really popular restaurant downtown...they have amazing food and they have this chili scale for spice- it's crazyyy...people cry in there lol...If you know anyone who attends Ryerson, they'll know :P...Eeew salad lol

Me: Haha I actually laughed at people cry in there. That's how you know you have a quality restaurent. Oh and I loath salad. You don't make friends with salad is my motto. Btw I'm So and so.

HB: LOL it's true, Salad is for the weak :P I'm Anna nice to meet you so and so

Me: Lol glad you agree or I may have stopped talking to you :P So Anna, do you have a device that receives text messages?

Then nothing....

What did I do wrong? This has happened with 3 other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity_ View Post
    I message these girls back and fourth, ask for a number and then boom, nothing.

Me: Can I challenge you to a spicy food contest? I feel like taking on a new challenge and that's right up my ally, unless you're chicken of course :P
    Don't ask and don't explain... say "I challenge you to a spicy food contest." High value guys don't ask for permission.

HB:You're too goodlooking for me bwhahaha

Me: Haha why thank you. You're cute too but in a classy way, lol. I just had butter chicken last night. I think I'd be 300 lbs without a gym membership.
    Plow through this. Just disregard this kind of statement. It's useless and she's begging for a compliment which you gave willingly.

HB: Butter chicken isn't even spicy :P...Have you heard of the
    restaurant Salad King? Food is great but yeah, it's important to stay healthy lol.

Me: Haven't heard of Salad King but not surprising since I'm not a salad type of guy. I've been learning how to cook rather than eating out recently
    This is jut meh..

HB: No Salad king is this really popular restaurant downtown...they have amazing food and they have this chili scale for spice- it's crazyyy...people cry in there lol...If you know anyone who attends Ryerson, they'll know :P...Eeew salad lol

Me: Haha I actually laughed at people cry in there. That's how you know you have a quality restaurent. Oh and I loath salad. You don't make friends with salad is my motto. Btw I'm So and so.
    Letting her control the conversation.. Cut the thread sooner. Don't give your name until she gives hers or asks for yours.

HB: LOL it's true, Salad is for the weak :P I'm Anna nice to meet you so and so

Me: Lol glad you agree or I may have stopped talking to you :P So Anna, do you have a device that receives text messages?
    Be direct. Just ask for the number. The way you did it lacks confidence.

Then nothing....

What did I do wrong? This has happened with 3 other girls.
    The main problem I see is you let her control the interaction. You built comfort but created no attraction. Let it lie for a week or so and reopen. Just be random now.

I think if you let the convo go on longer before trying to get a number it would have been a little better.

Perhaps at the point where you asked for the number, switch to something else that continues to create comfort (such as asking her what she does in her free time other than visit this salad place) while at the same time keeping the fun vibe going. After a little bit more ask for the number and see where things go.

Thank Jrock, that really helped. I'll be more direct from now on. But what are some ways to build attraction over messages?

J-rock killed it. I even learned from his response. Just cause a girl is replying and investing in the conversation doesn't really mean much if she's doing it with other guys cause it's her personality. You can never go wrong with controlling the conversation by working heavy attraction and DHV into the convo's