Nerd/Geek lifestyle transformation into cool lifestyle .. help.
    Chesaning, Michigan, United States

Nerd/Geek lifestyle transformation into cool lifestyle .. help.

I have a small problem, i'm a geek. I'm a big electronics geek and am very well knowledgeable in electronics. On top of that i'm in school and I have no trouble with college it is actually really easy for me. Between being super focused on classes and i mean focused i mean i go to college classes do what i need to do go home then play video games. This leads a problem no time to interact and I'm not an introvert i'm actually very person oriented sometimes to the point of no interaction i feel like i'm in isolation. Sometimes I fret and think girls wouldn't like me because I play video games everyday (typically at night) and my friends that consider me a best friend I don't consider them a best but just a friend. The concept of you have to earn my trust rather than me being foolish and giving you complete trust (like i did to a High School crush and that nearly ended as a restraining order). Blah Anyways what and how do you recommend I get out of this slump? Pictures below represent how I normally dress to college. Other days when I dress like lounge around the house and end up going to town I then find a girl Im attracted to.

Pictures:
    Jeans - Blue
    http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...1t:429,r:0,s:0
    Shirts
    http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&g...12&tx=83&ty=48

Thanks, DaBomb
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. You could post this in the Newbie forum and get a lot more responses. The clothing you posted look fine.

The issue here isn't really how you dress, although being fashionable will only help you. The underlying problem is your inner game, aka self confidence. You're looking at yourself the wrong way. You are not a geeky nerd, but rather you are an intelligent guy that is passionate about electronics. A lot of men play video games. I play 1 or 2 games of Starcraft 2 nearly every day. All of my friends play COD.

Video games become a problem when it occupies too much of your time. Go out with your guy friends more often. If you don't have a lot of guy friends then make some, even fellow techies and gamers at your college. If you want to meet more women then you have to put yourself out there and go for it.

I used to be a geek looking guy too. I'm tispy now so I will post a response later.

A lot of the transformation has to do with fashion and style as well as body type. If you work out and buy some nice fitting clothes and stylish ones, it will eliminate that geeky look. It also had to do with vibe, attitude and personality.

A lot of girls also like geeky thing too, or have a geeky side to them I think even if they look super hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy0 View Post
    I used to be a geek looking guy too. I'm tispy now so I will post a response later.

A lot of the transformation has to do with fashion and style as well as body type. If you work out and buy some nice fitting clothes and stylish ones, it will eliminate that geeky look. It also had to do with vibe, attitude and personality.

A lot of girls also like geeky thing too, or have a geeky side to them I think even if they look super hot.
    How would I get them to show this side? Like I said I want a girl with a goal in life and someone I can have an intellectual conversation with.

I have a post about fixing your inner game, although Stallion has a MUCH better one. Read them . Girls love whatever you love, if you show a GENUINE PASSION for it, and have other goals and places to be in life. Welcome to the jungle, brother.
    Last edited by BlindingLT; 02-21-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbo View Post
    I have a post about fixing your inner game, although Stallion has a MUCH better one. Read them . Girls love whatever you love, if you show a GENUINE PASSION for it, and have other goals and places to be in life. Welcome to the jungle, brother.
    Only part of inner game i'd say that i have trouble with is the fact that i play about 4 hrs of games at night (my relaxing time) and i have the mindset that they wont be around me long because i play games every night (night meaning night not big player during day) and that they may think that is all i care about even thought i am one of them kind of guys who HAS to get out of the house quite often.
    Last edited by BlindingLT; 02-21-2012 at 11:07 AM.

7. What percentage of your non-school and non-work time is playing video games?

The fact that you are into tech stuff and play video games isn't the issue. The issue is that you have trust issues and spell ALL your time doing an activity that is not social and not particularly productive.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindingLT View Post
    What percentage of your non-school and non-work time is playing video games?
    As I said I play video game at night typically before I go to bed for about 4 hours. Unless I hang out with my cousin then we sometimes play all night, for majority though I play for 4 hours. However, I'm actually preparing for jobs in the sense of preparing myself with research and all so that when I go back and apply to a position again that I will have the best chance at getting the job. (Which I love working keeps me out of the house)

Quote Originally Posted by The Modern View Post
    The fact that you are into tech stuff and play video games isn't the issue. The issue is that you have trust issues and spell ALL your time doing an activity that is not social and not particularly productive.
    I do have trust issues, and i've had them since senior year of high school which was way back in 2007 and I just dont feel I can instantly trust people like I did back in high school.