Neil Strauss / Style - Reviews (Cumulative)

123 LastLast
    toronto
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Strauss / Style - Reviews (Cumulative)

I myself am situated in St. Catharines Ontario and am a local city man. I am half way through the book: "The Game" by Style. All I got to say is that I never read a book in over 5 years, a friend recommended this one to me and my god Strauss wrote an excellent book.
    Honestly my game is close to perfect however this read has given me more of an idea to help my already perfect game get better...Cudos Mystery and Styles, Ross Jefferies SUCKS!!!...keep on sarging...
    pimpdaddygrk
    Last edited by Savoy; 01-28-2007 at 05:15 PM.

toronto
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished the Book Amazing!

Amazing Book...Mystery You are Da Man! End of Story!! Good Writing Styles. The characters are so beliveable... Like I said before and I will say it again........
    Congrats on making it...!
    p'grk

New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the book twice, so that I could pickup anything i missed the first go round. My female roommate stole it and read it only to admit that he was dead right and everything he said would have worked on her and her friends. I immediately took it back before she could finish it.

Outerspace!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the book and all, and ive shown it to a couple people!! But just one warning here id like to talk about!! I mean learn from what ever books you like whether its "The Venusian Arts Handbook" by Mystery Double your dating by David Deangelo or The Game by Neil Strausse, all three great books!! But dont coppie them, use them as inspiration, and if you´re game just isn´t working then maybe maybe whip one or two things from these books!!
    Build up you´re own game and share it with others... and maybe one day you will get copied!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Style & TD - Surviving the Game

RSD has a product called, "Surviving the Game."
    It's three cds, two featuring Tyler Durden, and one featuring Neil Strauss.
    TD, like Mystery, always talks about the same crap. But I"m interested in what STyle has to say.
    Anyone own this?
    I've heard RSD has shitty customer service. Am I going to end up getting this program a month after I order it?

Tempe, AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Style CD covers identical material to his David D interview, but with less detail. I found it a tad disappointing. He says the same thing everytime and although interesting, I would prefer something new everytime I hear him.
    Most people dislike the Tyler Durden discs. Most people are morons. Tyler D does NOT discuss tools or techniques for the PUA. He discusses integrating PUA into your everyday existance. He covers the challenges of being a PUA and a lot of foundation work for social vibing.
    If you want a spectacular audio from Tyler D that covers predominately tools and techniques, he has a free seminar somewhere on the RSD website. It's about two hours long.
    Summary. Loved it. Most people hate it because Tyler doesn't cover techniques. He's focusing on a larger picture.
    Assuming you're not a kidney harvester, we can chat in the car. - Cedar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Strauss - The Game

I know that "The Game" by Neil Strauss is not technically learning material - it is more of a narrative/story - but I was just wondering what the forum's general thoughts on it were. Essentially, how do you think the book impacted or influenced the PUA Community?
    I thought the book was particularly well-written and well-structured, and Neil's inherent talent as a writer really makes it a solid work, more than just the typical page-turner - I would even go so far as to cite it as an instant classic, as far as nonfiction literature goes. However - I think I can understand why the author did this - all the approaches, techiques and methodologies that Style uses are not disclosed in full detail, and as a result, we are left in the dark as to exactly how Style became the "greatest of all Jedi." But I guess thats the reason why all the different seduction schools and workshops are out there for - you can't really just be "told" this information.
    Well, I wished that The Game was more of a "How-To" manual, but it is definitely more of a bilungsroman, with elements of a love story mixed in (the final chapters with Lisa). Style should release his teachings since I think they would be a huge hit and many would want to learn his techniques. I know of an "Annihilation Method" seminar he gave to a lucky 5, but I don't know if he has decided to release anything else in the future. Well, heres to hoping that he does.

The Game By Neil Strauss
    Last edited by Masters; 04-19-2006 at 10:38 AM.

Northeast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you want a how to menu? Here it is:

Sir,
    I am going to make your dreams come true and give you the "how to" right here and right now....are you ready?
    1) Your life is a movie and your the star...you live in your reality.
    2) You love women and want to take care of them...they are all cute insecure confused little timid creatures for you to go take care of and mess with their heads with your confidence and throw all their little emotions in a blender and blend until they are moaning your name. Nothing that comes out of their mouth is set in stone and subject to the current emotion they feel which you can manipulate at any time mainly by showing you are a confident guy who is never phased and who goes after what he wants and knows all about having a sexy personality.
    3) You have enough confidence for both you and her
    4) Its always on...even if they dont know it yet...they want you to fuck their brains out...you just gotta help them get out of their own way.
    AS for the book (this is a review) I give it a B. It is very entertaining and has some good material but it really only helps to make you see what is possible and see women and picking up women in a totally new light. Anyone who tries to go out and do what they read just wont know enough to be able to do it and will probably give up unless they are already very good social people and are good looking and just didnt know you could pick up girls by talking to them or they suffered from ass kissing femist nice guy syndrome or something.

San Diego
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handbook

The best How to manual: Venusian Arts Handbook, Live it, Learn it, Love it. Thats all that needs to be said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game set out to do what Strauss wanted it to: it got a load of non-ASF users to notice the seduction community. If it had been strictly technique based, no one but current posters and devotees would read it. How would that make sense for a guy who's already cowritten multiple best-sellers? That's devolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game was a spectacular...Gawd I can't find the words. It opened my eyes. It introduced me to this community. Not to mention the fact that it was very interesting (Never have I read a book twice, back to back). I'd give it three thumbs up if I had 3 thumbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciated The Game for its insight into the lifestyle and mentality of a lot of PUAs. It was very helpful to me; very entertaining as well. A must read for anyone regardless of skill level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priceless

i read the game a few months ago and it is a must have for any guy looking for motivation in being a PUA. Before reading the game i had areadly been into david ds stuff and mystery. so i really enjoyed the game because it gave a behind the scenes look at the sudduction community and the beinings of mystery method and RSD. One thing about the game that makes it great is it getts you an inside look at the mPUA in action and also allows you to see the downfalls of the community. I also liked that style didn't make moral judements of the community.

Midlands, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say I wasnt very impressed..He obviously loves himself to much and doesnt feel heard, he just waffles on about random crap. 16 pages about being stuck in border patrol in some random country, nothing to do with anythng.
    He's got game..thats for sure, but he just gives examples, A sheet full of openers would have given his book an A+ rank..but its only a C as its vague.

Brandon - Manitoba
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning point.

I'll tell you something about that book. But first, a quick brief overview.
    Unless you lived a life of a bAFC, you cannot even come close to appreciate something like this.
    See, i was never Charismatic in my youth (the irony, lol) and well, needless to say i was an outcast of society. It wasn't till after joining the military did i break the bonds of the outside society and interact with human civilization. Finally, one my best friends introduced The Game to me (he could very well be considered a PUA - unofficially, he found the book online to help me) and he gave it to me and smiled, 'This will unleash your true potential...if you allow it to'
    And from that point on, it has led me here, to the MM, to this forum, to soon, hopefully to Mystery himself where i can learn from the best.
    I become what i am now, due to that book. it was my turning point. As in quality of material, i also give it a 'B'. But as an eye opener...an 'A+'

Belgium
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensio
    He's got game..thats for sure, but he just gives examples, A sheet full of openers would have given his book an A+ rank..but its only a C as its vague.
    BS,
    this is a novel, not a 'how to' guide.
    Do you rate school books bad because they have no happy ending? Ofcourse not. There's a reason why you find this book under Literature instead of psychology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the book, and for what it was, I don't think it could get much better. If you're looking for a "How To Guide" on PU, well, there are plenty of those on the Net. As for a novel about PU...."The Game" is without a doubt one of a kind and certainly a fun read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say I wasnt very impressed..He obviously loves himself to much and doesnt feel heard, he just waffles on about random crap. 16 pages about being stuck in border patrol in some random country, nothing to do with anythng.
    The Book is actually excellent. I understand you were probably looking for a "how to book.' And it is in a general sense but not in a specific sense. It is a book on The Mystery Method Applied and tested. It shows the strengths and weaknesses of the Mystery Method. It shows you how to adapt when the Mystery Method fails.
    Advice, get Venusian Arts Handbook and then read The Game. You will see that many times mPUA use a varity of methods.
    I like the Mystery Method and I also like the Juggler Method. These were the two methods I was impressed with when I read the Game.
    Anyway my thoughts on the issue.
    Majestic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me it was more motivational then anything. I had read David DeAngelos book prior to the game. It was interesting, and I was eager to use the knowledge. But the game really puts things in perspective. Like some one else said theres a hundred "how to" books out there, this an interesting story of some one who works his way to the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was given The Game on Easter sunday of this past week by an older cousin who mocked the dry spell I have been recently experiencing. I finished the book last night. It was fucking amazing! It not only opened my eyes to the community, but it also made me rethink my life in general. I mean, picking up girls is important to me and perfecting that art is very high on my priority list, Neil Strauss definately made me realize that there is opportunity out there and that truly is a world to experience. I have to agree, if I had three thumbs that is the rating it would get. But since I have two, it gets the two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

Jawja
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book was good for me. The Game was not good because of any techniques it might have offered. Those techniques I had already become familiar with. The important factor of the book was the journey that Style had gone through. The journey as an AFC to a novice to a PUA and finally to mPUA. That Journey offered examples of those that were naturals and those that learned the game. It also showed the destructive pattern of those that had allowed the game to fully take over their lives. He mentions the addictive nature of the pickup, the history of the community and the advice of naturals to re-evaluate what was important in life. It was an interesting book and one that gave me a choice to re-evaluate my own goals in the game and decide what I was and what I wanted to be.

Columbus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mystery is a magician, a teacher. Which is why his book is a manual. Neil is a writer, so his book is a account of the life of a PUA. Therefore it's understandable to have difference. Neil and Mystery have a lifelong friendship and the last thing one of them wants to do is compete on the same level, which is why Neil wrote a book on his experience in the life, not a "how to."

Midlands, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So its not a how to???
    of course its not after reading, but lets look at the advertising
    penetrating the secret society of the pickup artists - tagline
    Lets look at some of the chapters:
    STEP 1
    SELECT A TARGET 1
    STEP 2
    APPROACH AND OPEN 13
    STEP 3
    DEMONSTRATE VALUE 51
    STEP 4
    DISARM THE OBSTACLES 107
    STEP 5
    ISOLATE THE TARGET 147
    STEP 6
    CREATE AN EMOTIONAL
    CONNECTION 207
    now, so this isnt a how to guide;your right. Its a story dressed to look like an instruction guide.
    As for the perfect seduction pack you cant go wrong with:
    Venusian arts handbook + ross jeffries speed seduction basic package
    Good opening game uncomprehendable mid game
    as a more psychological person i preferred ross jeffries course, because "so who lies more; men or women" is fast becoming the most used opener in the world.... mystery method has NOTHING about using trancewords/phonetics/weasel phrases to make a women incredibly horny, so if you want to Fclose somebody..your wasting your time.
    i've seen many dvds of real life sarging by "PUA's" using mystery method (most of them use 100% canned materials and call themself PUA's) ..all they get is either #close or arranged meet or nothing.
    page 172 sums up mystery method + the game:
    "Of course none of the girls
    wanted to fuck me—"
    as R.J puts it clearly : "the dating game is just a way for AFC's to waste all their money trying to improve their chances, just so they can get lucky. its an unfair game.thats why i dont date"
    I've now moved onto bigger tricks and games than mystery method, its great if you have no confidence or are completely new to the scene..but wheres the advanced mystery method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've now moved onto bigger tricks and games than mystery method, its great if you have no confidence or are completely new to the scene..but wheres the advanced mystery method.
    No way man. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that the M3 model is a fucking holy grail in PU. Before, I'd learn a lot of tactics and techniques, but due to a) a lack of experience and b) a lack of understanding of CONTEXT, I was doing things all wrong. Like, throwing out negs in C1 or going for fool's mate. Now, with the M3 model (which I feel is a very accurate process in beginning a sexual relationship with any woman. It fits perfectly when I look back at my lays in the past), I can literally visualize in my head where I am currently LOCATED on the structure and know exactly what I need to do in order to move the relationship along.
    So no, it IS advanced. The way the framework is set up is meant to take 7 hours from meet to sex. That is an unbelievably short amount of time, in my opinion. As far as I know, Mystery can pull that off with incredible accuracy at this point and he does in fact use all his own materials.
    It’s the nuances within the framework that are the parts that need to be mastered. Once you master the nuances then the framework as a whole should become much easier.

Columbus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first thing I read was the table of contents and I was expecting to read a manual. I was still happy with the end result though. It's a good book to me.....but, true, it wasn't what i expected.
    Mystery's framework is what I appreciate. He does a good job of keeping everything basic for the novice. He also lays pillars for creativity. You can use a million openers, just pick...or make them up, see what works. you could use a million negs too. again, be creative. He provides lines that you can use, which is good, but if you really want to walk away with anything you have to walk away with the foundation that he is teaching.
    Advanced Method?
    People advance in time. the method is a foundaition for advancement. you'll think of new negs, openers, etc. (I think he even mentioned in one of the videos that you can use words that entice attraction, comfort.....not sure if it's the same as "trance words" or whatever but I recall hearing something like that....he doesn't say how...just that it exists). To someone that doesn't know any better the method may seem boring and repetative.....and not worth it. but it isn't if you keep practicing..... new things will pop out of the work that you didn't notice about before. You want a book with 1000 openers? Practice and think of your own..... that's advancement.
    As you advance, more advanced PUAs will notice your skill and share their advanced tidbits with you, becuase they will see that you have potential (which is why Mystery selected Style). But advanced PUAs don't want to waste their time and material on someone who might not be ready. Can you blame them? I wouldn't be surprised if there was an "advanced method" for the higher ups........but if there is I don't think we as newbies would even get anything out of it......like explaining calculus to a 5 year old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awsome book. I read it back when first came out. I couldnt put it down.
    Its a symbol of freedom, redemption and hope for all us AFCs out there. Waiting to bloom. PU and MM is the catalist to becoming the social butterfly we all know we have trapped inside, waiting to come out.
    This kind of book doesnt get shelved; I passed it on to a friend... Its enlightenment. . It deserves to be read and read again.

Newport News, VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a great book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the book in the relationships section at a Barnes and Noble one day. A girl i was seeing had just let me go so i was pretty down about life. I picked this book up and started feeling so good about what was possible with women that i didnt think twice over my broken relationship.
    This book has helped me so much. Women have always been the biggest problem in my life and all of this seduction and self help material is so amazingly good for your self esteem.

St. Louis, MO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entry level

This product would be great for a guy who has no clue what's going on or why he needs to complete the newbie mission. Tyler's stuff has always worked really well for me, and I always seem to come to the same conclusions as the articles of his I have read. However, the product itself is useful for anyone but most useful for someone green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although this book has kind of brought the whole underground world of PUA into the limelight, it's still absolutely incredible. Strauss is a role model for each and everyone of us rAFCs, and what possbility there is on the horiozn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book has been an inspiration to me and my wing-to-be. Without reading this book.. Well, lets just say today I went from A1 to A3 while dancing with this girl, and even got to Bounce to another location. First attempt. Then I tried some routines on a guy just because you don't get approach anxiety with a guy and I wanted to practice.. and I consciously made my body language alpha and WATCHED him sit forward and beta himself. Well, my point is, I'd never even know wtf any of that meant if it wasn't for The Game, so it's something I treasure above all else :> Kudos to Neil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These CD's were released without Style's permission. Well rather.. RSD had gotten Style to sign a release back in Project Hollywood days and then used the stuff recently. This was really an attack on Style. If you're not happy with Style's stuff.. don't blame him. He gets $0 from it anyway. It's just an RSD tactic.

BAKO!!!, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Style - Annihilation Method

Alright guys, I'm not through with the whole thing yet (It's huge!) so this will be one of probably two or perhaps three reviews on the AM. I know you guys can't buy it anymore but there's been to much BSing Style lately that I thought I should shed light on whether his stuff is good or not. So like him or not, here is my impression of his very expensive Annhilation Method;
    I am about half way through everything and must say that the actual film quality is the best I've seen. The picture is great, Sound is great, and the in color field shots are pretty good.
    The organization of the material seems very good and thorough so far; this is definatley not a cheap product. Time was definitley spent on putting all these resources together. There is also A LOT of stuff: dvd's, cd's, books, etc. I won't go further into detail about what they all are, instead I will just say my box was full.
    The one thing I am concerned about however is the level of the stuff (keep in mind I'm only about half way). I've been in the community for a little while so honestly most the stuff being taught isn't all that new (Again, I'm only 1/2 way through.) I will say that it gave me great examples of techniques I was already using so they will be sharper. If the last half of the set progresses to showing advanced and powerful material while remaining thorough and with good quality, then this set will have been worth the tremendous amount I paid for it. If it does not advance any in the second half, then it will not. It does seem to be going at a decent pace, so my guess is that it will live up to my expectations.
    If someone has never been in touch with the community, the AM is very sufficient in catching them up to speed. I think that was the purpose of the beginning anyway. So far, kudos to Style for a well made product-
    Satyre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the extent of the non-disclosure agreement for this guys?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NDA is tight. You're basically prohibited from teaching anyone else these methods or exposing anyone else to the media (print, CD or DVD form).
    Divulging what is contained within is a big no-no.
    However - talking about the quality and the general info should be OK. Where you'll get into trouble is revealing the specific methods/execution of Style's material.
    In order to keep this board from being attacked by Style's AM army - I'm going to be watching all AM threads, but talking about the AM is fine.
    So yeah, I pulled the trigger on the AM too.
    And so far... I haven't really gotten into it. I read a little and started teh 1st DVD but I'm not mentally ready for more exposure to new material. I'm working on enough aspects right now and have been thinking of taking a break to meditate and reflect upon my current situation anyway.
    Diving into this would be too much at the moment, and I'm not going to waste my time/effort if I won't be getting a due return on my intelectual investment.
    -GameBoy
    All your women are belong to me.

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am

I would appreciate it it you would review our section. Steve and I made a last minute trip up to help him for the seminar. We stayed for about 4 hours I dont even know anything about the AM however, SInce you have a copy Please feel free to critique the information we shared with the guys up there. I Always take into account your opinions and observations.
    Thanks
    Hypnotica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will agree the quality is great and the booklets are very professional. They did do a good job of production.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 757
    So how much does the AM actually cost?
    The AM was $3779.

Eastern Europe and US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy
    And so far... I haven't really gotten into it. I read a little and started teh 1st DVD but I'm not mentally ready for more exposure to new material. I'm working on enough aspects right now and have been thinking of taking a break to meditate and reflect upon my current situation anyway.
    Diving into this would be too much at the moment, and I'm not going to waste my time/effort if I won't be getting a due return on my intelectual investment.
    GB - I agree with you on this. I havent gotten into it so far since I have been actively involved in other things and this would just be more information.
    The quality is nice and since there is so much of it, it is almost a daunting task to sit down and work all the way through the material.
    I will, as I am sure all will, be honest and open in a review of the material once I have completed it.
    Cheers,
    Katil

Tampa, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo
    So how did they get Style to actually sit down and do the program?
    Style spoke at the RSD Seminar that I attended in May 2004 at Project Hollywood. It was recorded so this may be what is on the Surviving the Game CDs.
    Cedar...Style also spoke at the MM Seminar I attended in Feb 2004. In both instances where I heard him speak, he delivered pretty much the same speech and the same material. He had a couple of new things on the DYD interview like number of continents but everything else was the same.
    Zuzu

Tempe, AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zuzu
    Cedar...Style also spoke at the MM Seminar I attended in Feb 2004. In both instances where I heard him speak, he delivered pretty much the same speech and the same material. He had a couple of new things on the DYD interview like number of continents but everything else was the same.
    I was there you dork. And yeah. Surviving the Game, the DYD Interview and his presentation at the MM superconference were all nearly identical. The DYD Interview had a little more detail. And the Superconference had a couple of things I'd not heard of. The Manwhore gambit, and the concept that most APUAs were raised by their mothers and lost their virginity after 18. Both interesting.
    Assuming you're not a kidney harvester, we can chat in the car. - Cedar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finnished the book. It was really good until Lisa comes along and hogs a lot of pages. Reading about how cool, mature, and awesome Style is in comparison to the rest of the people living in project hollywood was vomit inducing, i mean... the guy loves himself so much its disgusting. The ending is too disney like, and the 'hero' styles comes out triunphant, the book was clearly set for a more tragic ending, or at least with some tragic elements. He doesnt realize the story is not about him, its about the true PUAs, he never was one in my opinion, he was a writer all along. He never mentions any pick up failures of him, not real failures without a bright side to them, he makes it seem like he never fudged a set. By the end of the book you would think he has a 99% batting average, which really takes a lot of credibility out of the book.
    I lost respect for Styles as a writer (not that anyone would care), and I realize his conquers are not that great, he would have never done so good if he 1)wasnt a respected writer already, 2)had money problems like some other real PUAs, 3)he didnt live in a mansion in hollywood.
    If they ever make a movie out of this, i really hope they take Style's romance out of the scenery and center it more about mystery and the real legends. No one wants to watch a movie (or read a book) in which everything deescalates so smoothly. I for one like movies in which the lead characters are the ones who get lost in their quest to almost insane levels of depth in whatever they do. Im sure style is a great guy, but he is not hero material.
    PS: realizing how this book made me write about it, and made me think about all this and go out of character and speak my mind (not to mention that i enjoyed most of it), I really recommend it. It does touches nerves on us geeks and losers.

Columbus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also happen to think that Stlye may be too self centered in his writing, teaching, etc. I don't know if you guys are aware of that seminar that he had last winter, where he only taught 5 puas and then said that he was done teaching for good. that's it. Oh, but you can buy the field videos of his seminar for $3700 dollars, but hurry.....there are only like 100 of them.
    I think his ego is getting in the way of him helping so many other dudes......and we all know that there is plenty of us out there. The ego that comes along with being a PUA can definitely come back to bite in the ass. We should all be careful that this doesn't happen to us. (Confident:good/ Arrogant:bad)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contents

As requested, here's a listing of what's inside... THE ANNIHILATION METHOD!
    DVD's:
    * DVD 1: The Forbidden L.A.S. V.E.G.A.S. Technique Revealed! This DVD reveals my unique new system for creating a powerful reality that gets you exactly what you want in life, love, and career. It's the foundation upon which everything else in the Annihilation Method is built!
    * DVD 2: Set Penetration - Deploying Stealth Openers. Ever wonder how exactly to enter into any set or group and instantly command attention, all without setting off alarm bells? In this DVD I go over my covert tactics that will help you to fly under the radar!
    * DVD 3: Invisible Openers Caught On Tape! Every loser is going around in clubs nowadays using the same material over and over again. The girls are catching on! But now I've developed completely NEW ways of opening sets that no one has ever heard of before. What's more, the woman will NEVER know you're using material on her - even if she's read The Game!
    * DVD 4: Instant Attraction - High Octane Value Building. We all know that social proof and demonstrating higher value is essential in creating powerful attraction FAST. In this DVD, I take actual girls I picked up the NIGHT BEFORE and demonstrate Value Building tactics on them LIVE! You actually get to see their reactions as the Annihilation Method takes effect!
    * DVD 5: Behind The Lines - Covert In Club Video Of PUAs In Action! If you've ever wondered how these tactics are actually delivered in field, wonder no longer. In this DVD, we follow the Final Five into the clubs and show them using the Annihilation Method to pick up women (and what's more, you get my "director's commentary" on this DVD as I comment on what they're doing right, and what they're doing wrong!).
    * DVD 6: Instant Inner Game - How To Be A Master Of Your Mind, And Hers! In this DVD, we have special guests Hypnotica (also known as Rasputin) and Steve P., who share some of their powerful belief altering techniques for building massively powerful inner game quickly. These are the guys who did the "inner game change work" on me in the book, and you'll see them bring about instant transformations within the Final Five.
    Plus, they'll reveal the "Iron Man" psychological trigger system that instanly infuses your very core with unshakable confidence.
    * DVD 7: Mystery And Style - Advanced Techniques For Making HER Come To YOU. Mystery, the man who got me started on my path to mastery, stops in to share some of his most powerful techniques. Mystery is always thinking of new and exciting ideas to attract women, and in this DVD, he shares his latest and most effective tactics. The sparks continue to fly when I join Mystery and we uncover the hard-wired primal instincts women have (and that you can tap into) that makes some men impossible to resist.
    * DVD 8: Sexual Mastery - Hypnotica And Steve P. Reveal Sexual Techniques She'll Tell Her Friends About! In the final DVD of the series, Steve P., Hypnotica, and I get together and reveal some of our most advanced sexual tactics.
    This DVD also contains explicit instructions on how to manage multiple women, how to create a "harem" environment, and how to get women to sarge other women for you.
    Remember - Steve P. is the guy who gets women to PAY HIM for sex ...so you're hearing it all from the real deal.
    CD's:
    * CD #1: Breaking Through Your Sticking Points - In this special CD, I go through the most common (and crippling) problems men face not only in dating, but in their inner game as well. You get to hear me candidly work through one sticking point after another (and chances are, most of them relate directly to YOU).
    * CD #2: In The Trenches - In this CD, you'll get to hear me break down real, live field reports from students step by step. You'll see common situations many men run into, and how to do the right things and avoid the wrong moves.
    Listening to this could be the "tipping point" that leads you from having frustrating and boring nights of the same old routine ...to having exciting new adventures whenever you want.
    * From Stumble To Seduction - This is where I bring things to the next level. I'll give you a crash course in dealing with the toughest problems guys face -- including how to get out of the dreaded friend's zone and damage control techniques to win any girl back, even after you think you've "blown it."
    How? Because I walk you through my own personal history ...and show you the roadblocks I faced and give you a map to easily get around them.
    Plus, you get the shortcuts I found that will put you at the level where women come up and approach you ...instead of the other way around.
    As if that wasn't enough, I've gone ahead and done something NO OTHER pick-up guru has ever done.
    I've actually gone back and interviewed EX-GIRLFRIENDS about how I picked them up ..and what worked on them!
    Seriously, you get to hear - straight from the source - what was going through their mind as I was actually running game on them!!!
    * Online Personals - Your Endless Supply Of Beautiful Women. An ex-girlfriend I met online spills her guts and tells you various internet tactics I used to get her wanting to sleep with me before we even met! And the best part is, these tactics will work on ANY girl online.
    * EXPOSED - A Woman Reveals How To Make Threesomes Happen! This was probably my favorite interview. I was actually nervous calling this girl up and asking her about this topic. But to my surprise, she was TOTALLY open about it and shared with me exactly what I did right to get her into bed with another woman for the first time in her life. When you hear this fascinating interview, you'll never be nervous about going for a threesome again. This is proof that they want it too ...and what's more, you'll hear exactly what works ...straight from a woman!
    * From Her Perspective - Inside Virgin Territory. In this interview, the girl I'm talking to was a virgin with no thoughts of having sex before marriage... until I came along. In this eye-opening expose, we talk about the tactics you can use to win over the hardest cases.
    Plus, you'll discover how to do it with integrity.
    And last, but certainly not least, Mystery and I get on the phone with each other to seriously talk about our own thoughts and feelings on the art and science of pick-up.
    * Confessions Of The World's Greatest PUAs - Mystery & Style. In this interview, you can hear Mystery and I go head-to-head as we debate, share tips and ideas, and develop brand new tactics right before your ears! We've been called the dream team, and now you'll get to hear why!
    Texts
    In addition to all the transcripts of the audio CDs, you'll receive my never-before seen Mystery's Lounge Archives!
    I took the best posts of mine from the super-elite Mystery's Lounge message board and compiled them into a series of "PUA Encyclopedias" dealing with five very specific issues...
    * Volume 1: The Origin Of Style - How To Transform From Chump To Champ In No Time! If you've ever felt you're a "loser" who needs to turn his life around, you can see how I did and apply my same techniques to YOUR life.
    * Volume 2: Closes - Creating A Physical Attraction. Ever reach the point where you know you should try to "close the deal" but don't know how? I was there for a long time, but I figured out how to get past it, and I'll share with you all my best secrets for getting past the "point of no return."
    * Volume 3: Sticking Points - How To Get Past Any Obstacle In The Pickup. We all run into problems from time to time, but it's important to know how to get through them. In this volume, you'll read personal field reports where I show you how I brought myself and other PUAs through their most daunting sticking points!
    * Volume 4: Jealously Guarded Inner Game Techniques. Why are they jealously guarded you ask? Because once you know these, you'll be the Alpha Male in any situation. I'll show you how to deal with the problems that are really holding you back from life.
    * Volume 5: The Next Level - How To Get Models And Threesomes, Guaranteed Lines And Routines For Advanced Situations. If you thought some of the stories in The Game were wild, wait until you read these, and how you can use them to attract the kind of women your friends will be green with envy over!
    * The Seduction Blueprint. The problem with most seduction systems is that they don't really help you apply the material. Not true with the Annihilation Method. I designed a blueprint you can use to fast-track the entire process and master the Annihilation Method immediately!
    * CONFIDENTIAL - Instant Pickup Supply. Ever run out of material out in the field? No more! This special book is so small, you can easily fit it in your pocket and use it as reference IN THE FIELD. It is chock-full of the best openers, routines, and DHVs there are from the Annihilation Method, so you'll never be at a loss for words in the field again!

Tampa, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cedar...which program were you at......MM Feb 2004 Los Angeles or RSD May 2004 Los Angeles?

BAKO!!!, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hypnotica and Steve P.

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotica
    I would appreciate it it you would review our section. Steve and I made a last minute trip up to help him for the seminar. We stayed for about 4 hours I dont even know anything about the AM however, SInce you have a copy Please feel free to critique the information we shared with the guys up there. I Always take into account your opinions and observations.
    Thanks
    Hypnotica
    Just finished it.....whoa.
    First off, I am going to say that I was not expecting that at all and I know those poor/lucky guys weren't either. I saw your guy's time as an interesting and very convincing peice. This was not your guys's product but you surely made a tremendous impact on those 5 indivuals, however, i don't know what the 375 AM guys would get out of it except that learning Steve P. and Hypnotica are both the fuckin man. Amazing presence and abilities, I would not hesitate to get ANY product either of these guys released but so far the A.M. is more of a documentary on how the 'chosen 5' are becoming PUA's rather than a learn-it method. Massive credit Hypnotica, The peice was awesome to watch; the whole AM just wasn't targeted at us, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Satyre; 06-21-2006 at 08:50 PM.

Miami, Fl
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent book, not only a great guide, but an impressively gripping storyline.

Edmonton, AB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the book was great. I read it cover to cover in one sitting.

BAKO!!!, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prosperous
    is it worth it?
    I know the above isnt a review,but will directly expand on my review so I think it'll be ok.
    (Is this permissable fad3r ?) Hope so, I'm really trying to stay within the bounds.
    In response to the question:
    So far, no the AM has not been worth it to me personally but I still have the 2most advanced DVD's to go. The information is well put together, but 90% of the stuff can be found just in different places on MM.com If you had NO knowledge of the community and didn't want to be involved and just wanted to learn the general strtegy efficiently and quickly, the AM is perfect. For those who have the knowledge/experience, so far, it is largely redundant.
    Last edited by Satyre; 06-26-2006 at 11:08 AM.

United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped reading the book about half way through because I found it boring and uninspiring. But then that's just probably me.

Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iViva Zapata!

I picked up The Game about six months ago, have read it 2-3 times. I found myself agreeing with much of what other posters have said, for and against the book/Sytle, and what Zapata said, in particular. So in fairness, I'll break down the Game and Style, pros v. cons:
    PROS:
    --It's a well-writen book, engaging, designed to be a page-turner. It's amusing and worthwhile on entertainment value alone--let alone the insights it provides for AFCs.
    --The truths in Neil's observations about women's nature are plainly evident.
    --His breakdown of sets, IOIs, negs, strategizing for dealing w/AMOGs and
    shit-tests are brilliant (though much of it is directly attributable to Mystery)
    CONS:
    --His invectives in the book against Mystery and TD in particular seem catty-- almost like the vengeful comments of a wounded, jilted lover. There are two sides to every story, and Style's lack of balance made me naturally want to seek out those guys' (especially Durden's) version of events.
    --As Zapata mentioned, his failure to record some believably failed sarges is a regrettable omission. Strauss is a seasoned writer; he should have recognized that admitting failure is what humanizes "stars" to regular people; that is precisely the appeal of programs like VH1's behind the scenes, that people can't seem to get enough of. Style does make clear that in the beginning, he was a luckless AFC, but the transition was so sudden and seamless. It would not resonate with most guys' experience as rAFC.
    --On a related theme, Strauss claims in the book that being a writer never ever got him laid---which might be true, but his access to the big stars and Hollywood Parties is such an obvious trump card that most guys (even mPUAs) lack, I mean, COME ON! I simply find it unbelievable that Style never played that card to score with any of the true HB10s. Can you say "casting couch"?
    --I would very much have been fascinated to get Lisa's CANDID point of view on their hooking up. I saw them together on "the View", and her comments seemed completely rehearsed. Neil Strauss has power, fame, money, and connections. He would get HBs even before The Game, and it's important to keep that in mind, when all the emphasis (deliberately?) remains on his appearance--a skinny, gawky-looking guy (describes Mystery to a tee as well, come to think of it...).
    --A final comment is not directly on the book, but on Style as a marketing man. Somehow I wound up on his mass email list, and I keep getting "time-
    limited invites" to be at the next hand-picked annihilation-type seminar. Think about it guys: Style says over and over in his book that "you seduce the men first, then you seduce the women." Add in the false time-constraint factor
    and it's pretty obvious that it's all a shell-game, a sales pitch. The previous comment on his limited edition $3700 dvd series says it all.
    Pretty clever though, really. I ain't hatin' on Style. Like I already said, I enjoyed the book. I enjoy it even more, that I got my copy for free, from a friend. Never forget the old adage, fellas, that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
    That, of course, along with Obi Wan's timeless truism:
    "The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
    Burro OUT.
    Last edited by El_Burro; 07-03-2006 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This book changed my life.

Oakland, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started with David D - Double Your Dating/Cocky Funny - his interview series included Style - which led me to The Game - which led me to the Mystery Method.
    I also ran into J.D. Fuentes at the cafe where I was working. He noticed my Chaos Magick Tattoos, and we started talking about Chaos Magick. A few minutes later, he overheard me talking to this woman about why I was reading a romance novel (there are two levels to this - if you are curious, I can go into detail). So JD, told me to check out The Sexual Key - which I found out later was his product. It is basically Speed Seduction, and it seemed to fit my personality more than David D's Cocky/Funny.
    I'm rambling... sorry...
    But what I have noticed is that a lot of these guys are really laying on the marketing thick - and squeezing us dry. Especially David D. He just repeats his basic stuff, in all his products, and most of the work is done by his guests - Mystery, Style, and Tyler Durden (who actually seemed pretty cool on the approach dvds). And instead of having a clear system you can use, you get piecemeal chunks that you have to buy another product to complete...

Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished reading The Game today and it was awesome. That's actually the first book I've started reading and finished all the way in a loooong time. Kudos to Neil Strauss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i know why I didnt like some aspects of Neils writting in the book (see my earlier post), I totally identify with him, even in the looks, etc. (I dont like myself much at this point).
    I am reading the book for the second time, just to read it with a more objective mind, i want to get some drills and tricks going on for me. 2 days ago I did the cube game on 3 girls and they flipped out, unfortunately they left the bar moments later.
    But if i were to become a PUA i would follow Styles road, i have a similar personality.
    Last edited by Zapata; 07-08-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Morgantown WV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the game was a great book, but like many of you I read it after reading such books as Double your Dating, Seduction Science, and Art of Seduction amoung others. I want to buy a copy of the Venusian Arts, but I want to make sure that its something a BAFC like me can use.
    If you are looking for what seemed to me to be great insight about the world your getting into while you are attempting to become a PUA, this book is a must read. I honestly found lots of other useful information in it as well which helped me to approach a few sets, but Im still have alot of trouble, (which is due to me, not the teaching).
    If you havent read this yet, I highly recommend it, if for no other reason than its very entertaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM: Review from an Outsider

While I admit that I had some interest in this here community (and MM in particular) a few short years ago (when MM was running the "real hitch" site and a little before the Game came out) I was engaged and did not take gaming seriously. I have read a lot of free information and have some grasp of the community as a whole, but I am a newbie, and so this is a review from that perspective.
    Point 1: There is an overwhelming amount of information for someone new. In fact it is quite possible that every sticking point you could have, and several you will not have, are discussed in detail with in the text. I imagine that I would never need any other source of information in regards to pick-up after this text.
    Point 2: There are many pieces of Annihilation that borrow and use from other seduction gurus. Just as any later work often uses older ones as a base line it would be impossible for Style NOT to include a lot of the information he co-worked out with other Seduction gurus. I suspect if you have a great deal of existing seduction information you will likely find much of this work redundant. I wish I could go in to further detail, but I do not want to risk the NDA.
    Point 3: The biggest issue I have with AM is while it is presented wonderfully, and the DVD's are well structured nothing else is. The many books you get are filled with information, but they also lack Page Numbers, a table of contents, or a descent index. While every piece of information you ever need may be contained within, it would be like trying to use encyclopedia britannica without and Index or Table of Contents or Alphabetically. I often just have a theme and a night of speed reading to figure out what I need.
    Point 4: Hypnotica asked for reviews on his and Steve P.'s piece. I found their 'bonus' more useful in the future; it is a wee bit advanced. There is a piece on being around women that is very useful, I wish I could say more to be direct about it but I can not. If you want a more precise review, Hypnotica, just let me know and I will send you a message to an official address with a proper subject. Just PM me. On the other side there are pieces in the DVD that discuss the "football field walk", inner-game voice, holding your center, finding the inner you, and some other stuff that I found EXTREMLY useful. In fact I did the "football field walk" discussed by Hypnotica and found it a magnificent exercise. Also the exercises helped me get out of my own head, a personal sticking point. I found your part very useful to my inner game.
    Point 5: Is it worth the money? I say yes, it has improved my abilities dramatically and the support has been grand. I would suggest it to anyone, were it currently available, but most of all those who have no prior experience. I have noticed some people who have prior experience very happy with the material but have also noticed some dissenters in the ranks. So if you really want a Ton of new material I suspect this is not the way you want to go. While it may offer some help, I think if you already have gone to a few workshops, own some books, and know a lot about PUA you may just skip this one.
    I am hoping nothing I said here is in violation and have been as cautious as possible. If anyone sees any reason that I have broken the terms of the NDA, feel free to wipe this bad boy out.

Des Moines, Iowa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotica
    Thanks
    Hypnotica
    after seeing the Steve P. and Hypnotica part, I would defiantly consider doing business with them in the near future. I don't know how to put it in words but they shared some exercises that can really help with inner issues on just being a man. Hard core confidence

Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it took me a grand total of a day or so to read this book,and I don't read at all, I just couldn't put it down.....saw an interview with neil on one of these local cable channels at like 3 am...was intrigued and bought the book the next day....it was an awesome book, and is the reason I am here, to learn more.....and to look for sum other good reads, anyone got any??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What more needs to be said

someone told me about this book and yes I now get alot more pussy, just becasue I can.
    This book is a great intro to the whole community, respect for style and mystery for what they have done. This book should be given to every 16 year old on their birthday.
    Very well written about styles journey through the game, plus there is loads of references to other material.
    Read this book if you havent already. then get mysterys VAH then get dave deangelos stuff, your sh!t will be bullet proof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the greatest book i've ever read
    it has changed my life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rico Suave
    Hypnotica I have heard such good things about what you have done, i was curious if you or Steve had a website and if so what is it so that I can check it out.
    My website is www.hypnotica.org however i am about to change everything on it with more of what i do in regards to inner game stuff. Just waiting for a few technical details to come through.
    Until then enjoy,
    Hypnotica

Midwest/South
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re:

Gotta love the NY Times review tearing it apart and in the end saying "The Game" is very real and that is frightening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it really that good?

Quote Originally Posted by abyss
    the greatest book i've ever read
    it has changed my life
    I saw this book in a bookstore, and I browsed through it. It seemed so long. I don't know if I would have the patience to read through a book like that with a fine tooth comb.
    But if more guys make endorsements like you abyss, I'll probably have to look into it.

Bay area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hypnotica, you are an intense guy, I just felt intimidated by watching you with the guy helping him be centered. I've very seriously considering the going to an extreme to break my own limits and am going to do the exercise on the football field.
    Thumbs up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joselito
    Hypnotica, you are an intense guy, I just felt intimidated by watching you with the guy helping him be centered. I've very seriously considering the going to an extreme to break my own limits and am going to do the exercise on the football field.
    Thumbs up!
    I hope your more than considering it. Do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM review

Firstly, there is no Annihilation method. There is nothing original, nothing ground-breaking, and nothing that an intelligent man couldn't find on various sites in a few hours of surfing.
    I will try to be fair, but i will not try to skew this positively. Strauss' marketing was incorrect, or at least led people to believe that they would be recieving something very different to what they would be recieving.
    Despite all of this, it was an excellent high-quality, and well-produced product. This is not redeeming though, as nobody pays money for a fast car and accepts a fast motorbike, nobody buys ''The Game'' and accepts ''1984'', and nobody buys the MM encyclopedia and accepts the VAH.
    The film-quality was excellent, as was the level of general production. Strauss made things relatively easy to digest, and i liked some of his newer ideas, even if they were more draft ideas than fully formulated field-tested theorums. Hypnotica and Steve P's sections were both good and infomative, even though the AFC hypnotica was centreing did look very intimidated . I liked your idea about how to view a woman, hypnotica.
    The ''in-field'' recordings are pointless and of no value. No good escelation etc. is shown, and we don't see Strauss performing. Dubious, don't you think? Someone paying so much money believing that they will recieve in-field materail should get sarges from the teacher of the course, not from a novice's first sarge.
    I hope i am not breaking the NDA by saying this, but there was literally 1 or 2 new patterns/routines at most in the whole course. Strauss promised ''new material'' that ''even women who have read the game'' wil not pick up on. FALSE.
    I would recomend, leavind aside any cost or other add-ons, reading TD and Mystery's archives over watching the AM. It is simply a better use of your time. The VAH is also much better than the AM
    My understanding of Strauss' marketing: build hype and sell quickly, before any negative reviews hit the forums. Force an NDA so that any future releases, and his reputation, are not damaged. Add a workshop in 6-months so that people cannot give a fair evaluation of the whole purpose until way after any hype or interest has died down. This method also insures no damage is done to Strauss' buisiness by illegal redistrubution.
    The sheer amount of money paid will cause most buyer to value the course and see it as brilliant and informative. If this product was sold over time, with unlimited quanity, and with less-hype, then there would be a backlash at Strauss, or very little sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good book. Definately worth a read for anyone who is interested in pick-up stuff.
    For someone who's been in the community for a while though, the book will not offer any new information regarding pick-up, but will give a lot of examples and stories of what the best PUAs did when Mystery started the community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Handbook?
    Is this a The Game spin-off? I'll have to look for it.
    The Game was excellent, really well done, and definitely worth the time for a newbie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Handbook you can buy here, Electronic. You really aren't going to learn the Mystery Method without the handbook. This is what teaches you attraction, comfort, and seduction and basic techniques. It's worth every penny of the $68. Cost for a 1/4 of a hooker or one night out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The diff

It may not be a how to guide. Bu thas its strength Mysterys book ad David Ds book only show the how to. The Game shows the actual sargina at clubs, the experiences kissing, getting back t the room. It truely gives you and insider look to how its done. It gives you specific openers for different situations and how each situation plays out. It notonly gives examples but it gives the inenr thoughts and Psychology of the worlds 2 greats PUAs. If you have read Mysteyr and Davids book read the games and rice and repeat read both again!

albany, New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electronic View Post
    The Handbook?
    Is this a The Game spin-off? I'll have to look for it.
    The Game was excellent, really well done, and definitely worth the time for a newbie.
    i heard their selling a different version of the VAH on Amazon.com
    as for the game, i changed my life as well, i bought it the day it came out and don't regret it at all.
    it did seem long, but i probably read it in a couple of days, i was so captivated by the story.

Molde, Norway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Game was what lured me into this forum in the first place. It is kind of an instructional book though, because you can extract a lot of information from it.

PA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Game also changed my life because before I heard about that book I had no idea that there was a seduction community at all. I was sceptical to read it at first because it did cost $35 I think but my friend who used to be really bad with girls but is now really good recommended the book to me. After he showed me some pictures of his ex-gfs I was definitely more interested in buying the book and taking the time to read it and I have never regretted it. The Game also has great field reports and other helpful information in it besides its story-like setup.
    If anyone is worried that they will be bored by the book, don't be because it really is a joy to read. It starts out and grabs your attention quickly and you can't wait to read more. I read very slowly and also get bored easily but I still found myself reading for much longer than I had anticipated. Sometimes I would want to read for a half hour before bed but then not be able to put the book down for an hour or more, and not be able to get to sleep for another half hour because I just sat in bed and visualized trying the routines and openers that Style and Mystery used so well.
    The Game is definitely worth the investment in time and money.
    Cheers guys!

PA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Book

The Game also changed my life because before I heard about that book I had no idea that there was a seduction community at all. I was sceptical to read it at first because it did cost $35 I think but my friend who used to be really bad with girls but is now really good recommended the book to me. After he showed me some pictures of his ex-gfs I was definitely more interested in buying the book and taking the time to read it and I have never regretted it. The Game also has great field reports and other helpful information in it besides its story-like setup.
    If anyone is worried that they will be bored by the book, don't be because it really is a joy to read. It starts out and grabs your attention quickly and you can't wait to read more. I read very slowly and also get bored easily but I still found myself reading for much longer than I had anticipated. Sometimes I would want to read for a half hour before bed but then not be able to put the book down for an hour or more, and not be able to get to sleep for another half hour because I just sat in bed and visualized trying the routines and openers that Style and Mystery used so well.
    The Game is definitely worth the investment in time and money.
    Cheers guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had read his other books about Marilyn Manson (Manson came off as far more intelligent in the book than he appeared to be), Dave Navarro and esp. Motley Crue (also a great book) and got a kick out of a journalist making himself the main character in the story and his journeys and travels into the PUA world, kind of in an undercover way, but at the same time one that would transform him. To me, this was also about making him fit more in with the rock stars he interviews than being just the observant outsider, and is now going to be on the A-lists based on reputation and not just with his press pass. It helped in his meeting his girlfriend as well as getting Britney to open up and talk (and poss. left a few things out). Best part for me is him and Heidi Fleiss challenging each other.
    There's bound to be a sequel, but I think he said he's trying to co-write the female version.
    I think it's a good book to buy for guys that are going through dating difficulties or getting over a relationship, and that it can open them up to a world they may not have known about or thought they couldn't be a part of. It's also geared for women as a cautionary tale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the book cover to cover as soon as it came out. Then I read it once again over the last weekend.
    I think The Game is the worst kind of book possible:
    There is enough good information and insights that it must be read. And given the nature of the game, more than once too, since more of it will make sense the second thime through.
    However, to get to the good parts you must wade through tons of soap opera drama ("and then blah, blah slept with blah, blah's girlfriend, which pissed off so and so, who wanted to get even... SNORE). And then you need to put up with Niel's melancholy and cynicism which he rarely even has the decency to wrap in humor. And then one wonders how much of it is even true!
    Unfortunately, a must read since the main points, and occasion nuggets of PU wisdom can't be skipped.
    I just wish it had been written better. And maybe made it 1/3 the length.
    5/10.

Wakefield nr Leeds UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got to agree with the captain. I simply couldn't put this book down. When I'm reading other stuff it seems more like studying. With this however, I got so into the story that I was spending almost full days reading it. THere was also moments in there that I literally started laughing my ass off about e.g. Ross Jefferies sniffing Carmen Electra's ass like a dog

Edmonton, AB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think it was meant to be a full fledged "how-to" manual. I mainly liked it because of the back stories behind this journey form nerd to player. However, I did find my self skipping past parts of the book too for the same reasons as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosopherKing View Post
    I read the book cover to cover as soon as it came out. Then I read it once again over the last weekend.
    I think The Game is the worst kind of book possible:
    There is enough good information and insights that it must be read. And given the nature of the game, more than once too, since more of it will make sense the second thime through.
    However, to get to the good parts you must wade through tons of soap opera drama ("and then blah, blah slept with blah, blah's girlfriend, which pissed off so and so, who wanted to get even... SNORE). And then you need to put up with Niel's melancholy and cynicism which he rarely even has the decency to wrap in humor. And then one wonders how much of it is even true!
    Unfortunately, a must read since the main points, and occasion nuggets of PU wisdom can't be skipped.
    I just wish it had been written better. And maybe made it 1/3 the length.
    5/10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Black Mirror Techinique is indeed described in the DVDs and the cheat sheet as well.
    It's very clever and it serves as a DHV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    He is not.
    Style is working on future programs.
    What they are exactly no one knows

India
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reviews

AM sounded so much like advanced version of Mystery Method layed out in Pickup 101 format. It was exactly best mixture of MASF material and I feel disrespect for style 4 putting so much marketing hype.
    All the member of Stylelife (you had display of mini version of AM with your assignments.)
    I don't like Style Marketing stratergy. During AM he setup Seminar day for all 375 people in November Just for making more money, he is promoting new seminar during same period which (supposed for AM customer)will allow people who were part of Diamond Level customer of his new books. They all will be able to get hands on AM info and I know there is more marketing hype to come.
    So, whoever feels missed out with AM, DO NOT WORRY! CHILL!
    If you have AM or NOT, you are still winner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by codyhulk View Post
    AM sounded so much like advanced version of Mystery Method layed out in Pickup 101 format. It was exactly best mixture of MASF material and I feel disrespect for style 4 putting so much marketing hype.
    All the member of Stylelife (you had display of mini version of AM with your assignments.)
    So, whoever feels missed out with AM, DO NOT WORRY! CHILL!
    If you have AM or NOT, you are still winner
    This is right on. There is nothing groundbreaking whatsoever on the Annihilation Method. It's basically a much more chunked-down version of the Mystery Method format, spoon-fed piece by piece.
    It's absolutely fantastic for beginners who have a clean-slate of knowledge and want to learn (like the "Final 5" guys), but if you have anything from basic-to-intermediate level of game, there's very very little this can provide you.
    Some of his DHV games were fun, I've used them and had alot of fun - but most of these can be found on other places as well (such as his presentation on Cliff's List).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM was about what I expected it to be. I mean you can only teach n00bs so much you know. I agree with the DHVs, a lot of them are playful and fun. It's been fun using them in the field.
    I rate this about the same as the MM dvds. I thought it was annoying how in every shot there are posters of his books in his house. I mean it's VERY obvious he was planning on selling the dvds after the bootcamp.
    I skipped Mystery's part because there wasn't anything new there. Overall thumbs up though.

New York, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinOnyx View Post
    AM was about what I expected it to be. I mean you can only teach n00bs so much you know. I agree with the DHVs, a lot of them are playful and fun. It's been fun using them in the field.
    I rate this about the same as the MM dvds. I thought it was annoying how in every shot there are posters of his books in his house. I mean it's VERY obvious he was planning on selling the dvds after the bootcamp.
    I skipped Mystery's part because there wasn't anything new there. Overall thumbs up though.
    I'd give it an overall thumbs up if it was under $1500, but not pushing $4000. Clearly an overall thumbs down at this point.
    I feel like a sucker for being taken over by typical PUA marketing hype. ("The camera man started scoring hot chicks after the program!"). Come on Neil, don't belittle us man.
    There was some dope things on the program for sure, and if money is no object, AM is a great product to have. LAS VEGAS is a good thing to know as well...
    However, if you're an intermediate to advanced gamer whose not on a high disposable income list you will be disappointed. If you have bootcamp experience, this will be obvious....but if you don't have bootcamp experience, this program could very well replace it (assuming you have legitimate motivation).
    Mystery's presentation was more philosophy than technique, which was a bit interesting...
    And as far as what all the real pros talk about....inner game....this program is lacking in it. Sure they bring out the big guns Hypnotica & Steve P, but their session was too short to bring the sort of revolutionary change that you'd expect of a program at this level.
    As much as I don't wanna do another bootcamp, I'd rather do two more bootcamps than own the AM, plain and simple. And almost any two bootcamps would do either...LOL.
    ps - If you had $4k burning a hole in your pocket and you wanted to know the coolest new openers ever....then AM was definitely great. ;-)

Toronto, LA, NYC, Miami, Amsterdam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't anyone notice the TITLE of the book?

The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
    'The Game' WAS A CONDEMNATION OF THE PICK-UP COMMUNITY!
    Right from the opening, through the entire book, Neil is pointing out all the negative aspects, the emotionally-destructive, personality-erasing aspects of our Game itself.
    Now, that said, I loved the book & found it hysterical and enlightening - but I must admit I'm flabbergasted by the number of people who've entirely missed-the-point!
    Johnny Soporno
    "Treat every woman as though she were your lover, and soon she will be!" - Me

My Pix My Free Seminar Videos

True Inner Game, Why 'Rate" Women?, 'Two Rules' for MLTRs, Convert Friends to Girlfriends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am stunned by how the community still embraces Neil - he is really biting the hand that fed him.
    The book is fun though, definately should read it.
    Equal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed The Game quite a bit. It should be noted that the information is all for entertainment, please dont read the Game just for its PU content, the few good tips on PU are not worth the nearly 400 pages you have to read to get it. About halfway through the book the story line got pretty boring and I was counting the pages until it was all over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As others have said, this is one of the most entertaining books I've read in a long time. You have Neil's transformation from AFC to PUA and all the drama of Project Hollywood. How about Courtney Love? She's friggin nuts! I think there is lots of information concerning MM and I remember one chapter where Neil breaks it down from first meeting to sex. Step by Step.. Yes, the gloating becomes a bit much at times but he does become more "human" near the end in that he explains the down side of being a PUA.
    I think it's interesting how his flame Lisa is the one girl who didn't fall for his routines. And he ended up choosing HER. Hmm, so maybe the really good, smart girls who we all want as an eventual GF won't be so easy to "game." Seems this book mostly describes the seduction of drunk club girls without much direction in life. I also couldn't help thinking how smart Neil is if his intention was to write a book that describes himself as one of the best in the world at PU and then come out with a VERY expensive program. I thought at the end of the book he was coming out of the community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Game"

just picked the book up 2 days ago and im like 75 pgs in, i was never really a big "book reader", but boy does this thing have me HOOKED! i definatly feel anyone and everyone should pick it up if you havent already...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic

The Game is a classic, and we all know it.

That's how I found about the Community too, through a creative breakthrough triggered by two things:

1. An AFC book recommended by an AFC friend ("How to succeed with women") --> amazon.com --> several books including one cooler than the AFC book ("The System of getting laid"), plus a reference to David D from a reader's review, and David D materials --> amazon.com and more books (including "The Game") --> googled few terms and got to the Community.

2. Series of coincidences --> Comedy Workshop & Class --> Standup Comedy --> Improv Comedy --> at the same time watched some street magic --> Street Improv --> PUA Street Improv.

My style is Improv PUA. That's Street Improv + PUA. Improv is a mindset & lifestyle with a lot of wisdom in it (Zen Mind) and Improv PUA is the PUA application of it. Life is a journey and from my point of view the PUA world and The Game is to a big extent about that journey and personal development.

StreetBreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This book is inspirational. I'm on my 2nd run through and I mean I learn so much and it keeps me motivated. I definatly agree with DomJuan everyone should get this book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the first real book I've ever read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received this book after having a near breakdown. I woke up one morning and hated women. I hated life and what it had become. Im a good looking guy and get a decent amount of girls but my outlook and the way I got them was so backward it was almost unfulfilling. A close friend said to me "Have you read the book - "The Game" by Neil Strauss?" I hadnt. He said it will change your life, or at least the way you look at women. He lent me his copy of "the bible" and I got to reading. I had it done in 2 days. It should be mandatory reading for new users and I think men in general. If I had read this book when I was eighteen my god think of how much headache I could have saved myself. Anyways Neil if you ever read this I just wanted to say "Thanks." Im a new user, this is my first post and you were the first person I wanted to post about. Thanks a lot. Cheers...

"Fox"worthy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I`ve read "the GAME" at least three times. It was good beacause i learned that a human can CHANGE if you really want this and that was very good to realize that.. Now im practice this game because of that BOOK. Ive been a better happier person and still improves. Thankyou "THE GAME".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some odd unexplainable reason, in the midst of reading the novel, The Game, my life inexplicably changed. My outtake on life and women differed from before and around me everything was fitting into place. I am back into school finally, money is flooding in from a court case between my parents. And I goto the mall now just to say hi to as many girls as I possibly can. I do believe this book is what you need to understand the lifestyle and it also explains each method and so on. Respect.

Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not the book worm type of guy. I can count on one hand and tell you how many books i've read from start to finish. "The Game" is one of them. This book not only helps you with women, but it can perfect you when it comes to social interaction with people in general, so you can use what you learn to help you in almost all aspects of life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bayguy View Post
    I think it's interesting how his flame Lisa is the one girl who didn't fall for his routines. And he ended up choosing HER. Hmm, so maybe the really good, smart girls who we all want as an eventual GF won't be so easy to "game." Seems this book mostly describes the seduction of drunk club girls without much direction in life. I also couldn't help thinking how smart Neil is if his intention was to write a book that describes himself as one of the best in the world at PU and then come out with a VERY expensive program. I thought at the end of the book he was coming out of the community.
    Ding ding ding. I think that was definitely one of the two main points of the book. I think the other equally important point was that if he had never met Mystery, or learned the game, he'd never have been in a position to have MET Lisa, nevermind eventually attract her. I agree it isn't a great "how to" resource, but it is inspirational and I think it deals with the community, and Mystery, fairly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game just gave me a whole new level of confidence in everything, not just pickup. It also introduced me to NLP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome

got me into the community, my brother came back from iraq with the Game, started reading it, changed my whole perspective and views on things, and that i can do this stuff and can change, and i feel like now i can attract women and i used to think it was never goig to happen and i was going to die a virgin, and ive met tons of cool and interesting people.