Neil Strauss / Style - Reviews (Cumulative)

1234511 ... LastLast

Neil Strauss / Style - Reviews (Cumulative)

I myself am situated in St. Catharines Ontario and am a local city man. I am half way through the book: "The Game" by Style. All I got to say is that I never read a book in over 5 years, a friend recommended this one to me and my god Strauss wrote an excellent book.
    Honestly my game is close to perfect however this read has given me more of an idea to help my already perfect game get better...Cudos Mystery and Styles, Ross Jefferies SUCKS!!!...keep on sarging...
    pimpdaddygrk
    Last edited by Savoy; 01-28-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Finished the Book Amazing!

Amazing Book...Mystery You are Da Man! End of Story!! Good Writing Styles. The characters are so beliveable... Like I said before and I will say it again........
    Congrats on making it...!
    p'grk

New York City

I read the book twice, so that I could pickup anything i missed the first go round. My female roommate stole it and read it only to admit that he was dead right and everything he said would have worked on her and her friends. I immediately took it back before she could finish it.

I love the book and all, and ive shown it to a couple people!! But just one warning here id like to talk about!! I mean learn from what ever books you like whether its "The Venusian Arts Handbook" by Mystery Double your dating by David Deangelo or The Game by Neil Strausse, all three great books!! But dont coppie them, use them as inspiration, and if you´re game just isn´t working then maybe maybe whip one or two things from these books!!
    Build up you´re own game and share it with others... and maybe one day you will get copied!!

Style & TD - Surviving the Game

RSD has a product called, "Surviving the Game."
    It's three cds, two featuring Tyler Durden, and one featuring Neil Strauss.
    TD, like Mystery, always talks about the same crap. But I"m interested in what STyle has to say.
    Anyone own this?
    I've heard RSD has shitty customer service. Am I going to end up getting this program a month after I order it?

Tempe, AZ

The Style CD covers identical material to his David D interview, but with less detail. I found it a tad disappointing. He says the same thing everytime and although interesting, I would prefer something new everytime I hear him.
    Most people dislike the Tyler Durden discs. Most people are morons. Tyler D does NOT discuss tools or techniques for the PUA. He discusses integrating PUA into your everyday existance. He covers the challenges of being a PUA and a lot of foundation work for social vibing.
    If you want a spectacular audio from Tyler D that covers predominately tools and techniques, he has a free seminar somewhere on the RSD website. It's about two hours long.
    Summary. Loved it. Most people hate it because Tyler doesn't cover techniques. He's focusing on a larger picture.
    Assuming you're not a kidney harvester, we can chat in the car. - Cedar

7. Neil Strauss - The Game

I know that "The Game" by Neil Strauss is not technically learning material - it is more of a narrative/story - but I was just wondering what the forum's general thoughts on it were. Essentially, how do you think the book impacted or influenced the PUA Community?
    I thought the book was particularly well-written and well-structured, and Neil's inherent talent as a writer really makes it a solid work, more than just the typical page-turner - I would even go so far as to cite it as an instant classic, as far as nonfiction literature goes. However - I think I can understand why the author did this - all the approaches, techiques and methodologies that Style uses are not disclosed in full detail, and as a result, we are left in the dark as to exactly how Style became the "greatest of all Jedi." But I guess thats the reason why all the different seduction schools and workshops are out there for - you can't really just be "told" this information.
    Well, I wished that The Game was more of a "How-To" manual, but it is definitely more of a bilungsroman, with elements of a love story mixed in (the final chapters with Lisa). Style should release his teachings since I think they would be a huge hit and many would want to learn his techniques. I know of an "Annihilation Method" seminar he gave to a lucky 5, but I don't know if he has decided to release anything else in the future. Well, heres to hoping that he does.

The Game By Neil Strauss
    Last edited by Masters; 04-19-2006 at 10:38 AM.

Northeast

Do you want a how to menu? Here it is:

Sir,
    I am going to make your dreams come true and give you the "how to" right here and right now....are you ready?
    1) Your life is a movie and your the star...you live in your reality.
    2) You love women and want to take care of them...they are all cute insecure confused little timid creatures for you to go take care of and mess with their heads with your confidence and throw all their little emotions in a blender and blend until they are moaning your name. Nothing that comes out of their mouth is set in stone and subject to the current emotion they feel which you can manipulate at any time mainly by showing you are a confident guy who is never phased and who goes after what he wants and knows all about having a sexy personality.
    3) You have enough confidence for both you and her
    4) Its always on...even if they dont know it yet...they want you to fuck their brains out...you just gotta help them get out of their own way.
    AS for the book (this is a review) I give it a B. It is very entertaining and has some good material but it really only helps to make you see what is possible and see women and picking up women in a totally new light. Anyone who tries to go out and do what they read just wont know enough to be able to do it and will probably give up unless they are already very good social people and are good looking and just didnt know you could pick up girls by talking to them or they suffered from ass kissing femist nice guy syndrome or something.

San Diego

Handbook

The best How to manual: Venusian Arts Handbook, Live it, Learn it, Love it. Thats all that needs to be said.

The game set out to do what Strauss wanted it to: it got a load of non-ASF users to notice the seduction community. If it had been strictly technique based, no one but current posters and devotees would read it. How would that make sense for a guy who's already cowritten multiple best-sellers? That's devolution.