Do women from Russia/Ukraine ever initiate phone/text conversations?

1. Do women from Russia/Ukraine ever initiate phone/text conversations?

I went on a few dates with a Ukrainian hired gun who has been in the States for less than a year. I feel like there was a little bit of attraction, but she would never, ever make contact with me first (she'd respond to my texts). At first I thought that she wasn't that into me (probably true), or that she was self-conscious about her English, but one of my friends from the region told me that women from the former USSR rarely "chase" guys by initiating phone/text conversations.

What do you know about this?

Lexington, Ky USA

Im talking to a girl from Bulgaria now. Shes been in the states about 9yrs but i do most of the initiating...And I know she is into me. No doubt. I know what your saying though. As soon as I start txting her she cant stop. Seems like a cultural thing.
    I liquor so good she dont need beer

3. Great, thanks. I was worrying a bit because American girls aren't afraid to text first. She's been in the States for only 1 year. This is going to be a bit of an uphill climb, but I'm going to try still.

Welcome to the old europe behaviour guys... !
    Truth is that the pick-up in America is more simple than west Europe and a piece of cake compared to East Europe...
    Most of the things that the pick-up community gives for granted, such as a polite attitude from girls while opening, or sharing dinner costs, or waiting for the girl to call you first after the first sex, will be always disattended and they are the best way to shoot on your own foot.
    If you will wait for her to text you first or for her to buy you drinks you will wait for veeeeeery long...
    Even better you might even lose the girl because she will think that you are not that interested in her or that you are not enough confident in yourself while concerning money she will think that you are either a greedy man or that you don't even make enough money in order to buy her a drink...
    Keep me updated

Lexington, Ky USA

Quote Originally Posted by ZarSoul View Post
    Welcome to the old europe behaviour guys... !
    Truth is that the pick-up in America is more simple than west Europe and a piece of cake compared to East Europe...
    Most of the things that the pick-up community gives for granted, such as a polite attitude from girls while opening, or sharing dinner costs, or waiting for the girl to call you first after the first sex, will be always disattended and they are the best way to shoot on your own foot.
    If you will wait for her to text you first or for her to buy you drinks you will wait for veeeeeery long...
    Even better you might even lose the girl because she will think that you are not that interested in her or that you are not enough confident in yourself while concerning money she will think that you are either a greedy man or that you don't even make enough money in order to buy her a drink...
    Keep me updated
    Im slowly starting to see this....My humor does not always translate well compared to american girls. My slapstick humor does not seem funny....For example, I did the whole " you wanna rob a bank with me?" "are you the shooter or driver?" And it failed miserably....And ive never had it fail with american girls....In some way it makes me seem different and other times weird.....
    I liquor so good she dont need beer

well, ower girls always waiting for 2 days. sometimes they dont mind to text you, unpopular chiks always msg you first.

Eastern Europe

ZarSoul has it totally right. I've been living in various Eastern European countries for the last 10 years. Slavic girls are hot. True. But you have to do all the work.