Productivity Thread
1234 LastLast
    keepin nyc / nj dancers in check

Productivity Thread

I am working a lot on trying to be more productive. Here is a quick list of things that have already helped me be more productive in 2k11. Feel free to add yours and explain why

01) mind42.com: mind mapping website, free, allowed me to mindmap all my daily goals and plans for 2k11

02) 42goals.com: free daily goal site by the same people as mind42.com I actually paid them 20 for a year because it lets you group goals (so I made morning, evening & night. I would have donated for the free mind42 site anyway). It is totally usuable without paying though

03) Toodeldo.com: free 2-do list site, includes plugin for firefox and an app for the iphone (that cost 1.99 for the app). I actually switched from another iphone 2 do list app to this one. I like the fact that it synchs both from the web to app and app to web. This is very convienet for me.

04) Mint.com personal finance, again free, great overview.

Anyone else? Please be specific of the name, if it costs money and how it helped you.

View Full Profile: Click Here 200 + Reviews (Most In Company History): http://www.theattractionforums.com/t...iew_fader.html (watch my journey from student to approach coach, to instructor, to master instructor, to stripper destroyer).

Best quote from a workshop review ever "Overall this bootcamp was a short colombian 10, his teaching ability is a 10, and his game is a 10."

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

Don't Be A Victim (click, read & change your life)

play2win
    : There comes a point in everyone's life where they either have their dreams or the reasons they dont. You're the hero of your own story..... write a good one.

Try Walking In My Shoes
    You'll Stumble In My Footsteps

North Jersery

If you have a Mac, the new App Store has a free app called MindNode. It's a brainstorming app and is crazy easy to use and organizes your thoughts perfectly.

I installed it, but haven't used it yet, but will when the new semester starts for college.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearing View Post
    If you have a Mac, the new App Store has a free app called MindNode. It's a brainstorming app and is crazy easy to use and organizes your thoughts perfectly.

I installed it, but haven't used it yet, but will when the new semester starts for college.
    There is a really great one for mac I can find out the name. I use mind42. This was my first year mind mapping and I like it alot. That being said I feel it is only effective when combined with other pieces like a 2-do list & daily goals
    View Full Profile: Click Here 200 + Reviews (Most In Company History): http://www.theattractionforums.com/t...iew_fader.html (watch my journey from student to approach coach, to instructor, to master instructor, to stripper destroyer).

Best quote from a workshop review ever "Overall this bootcamp was a short colombian 10, his teaching ability is a 10, and his game is a 10."

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

play2win
    : There comes a point in everyone's life where they either have their dreams or the reasons they dont. You're the hero of your own story..... write a good one.

Try Walking In My Shoes

4. Some years ago I used "The Brain" (pun NOT intended Try searching for it, it was freeware, but really powerful and useful. Sort of 3D mind mapping with extra bells and whistles. I no longer use all these productivity things, because realized my bottlenecks are not in planning/tracking, but in having enough energy and setting right priorities.

Los Angeles

Everyone can increase their productivity and I would highly suggest you look into this area. It can help you in many different ways. Some basics on productivity:

-Know your goals, so you know what to work on. If you don't know your goals, how do you know if you are productive? My definition of productivity is getting work done towards your goal.

-Once you know your goals, 80/20 your life. Cut the fat and work on your winners.

-Use a calendar and to-do list. They can be used together for maximum productivity. Never forget important dates again (appointments, deadlines, birthdays, etc) and have an overview of how your day/week/looks like.

-Do not multitask. Focus one task at a time and start your day with the most important task first that will get you closer to your biggest goal.

-Use cloud storage for savings your documents so you never have to worry about it again in case you need to access it somewhere else. Especially if you have an iPad and iPhone.

-Work in cycles and sprints. Work hard for 50 minutes, then take a 10m break. Then again 50m work and 10m break. Every 2 cycles you take a 30-45m break where you eat food and disengage from work. Then get back on it. Make it run like clockwork for optimal output and performance.

-Build productive rituals in the morning and evening. Morning: exercise, eat protein, and get ready for the day. Evening: disengage from any work and relax with entertainment like tv shows or reading.

-Know all keyboard shortcut of your most used programs. Will save you TONS of time over a period.

-Check email/fb only twice a day on fixed times. Mine are 12.30pm and 7.30pm.

Some software I use (and have paid full price for lol):

-Omnifocus
    -BusyCal
    -Mindjet Mindmanager
    -Rescuetime.com (Tracks your activities on your computer so you can see when you are productive or lazy and how to improve. You can only improve things once you've measured it first.)

Books:
    -the power of full engagement
    -lifehacker: upgrade your life
    -getting things done
    Click Here to Checkout the Love Systems Blog for the Lastest Advice.

Specialties
    Daytime Dating - Meeting women in the daytime and getting dates.
    Interracial dating - All beliefs and cultural differences dealing with dating outside your own race.
    Grooming, Fashion, and Style - First impressions count. I can teach you how to look your best and give you a fashion consultation.
    Exotic Dancers & Paid Models - Advice for attracting and dating women who are hired to be beautiful.

Click Here to Checkout the Interview Series I did with the Don on Preselection.

Click Here to Checkout the Interview Series I did with the Micha on Living an Attractive Lifestyle.

Bonsai brings the heat. Asian Efficiency son. Whut whut

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

play2win

Try Walking In My Shoes

I have now added evernote as a replacement for the voice recording app on the iphone. Once again the synching is what sold me (much like toodelto). I have no need for dropbox but I can see how people would want that.

2k11 is def the year of productivity for me

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

play2win

Try Walking In My Shoes

You should hire a Virtual Assistance... =D and of course, implement the suggestions from 4 hour workweek by Tim Ferris like batching email and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by SimX View Post
    You should hire a Virtual Assistance... =D and of course, implement the suggestions from 4 hour workweek by Tim Ferris like batching email and all that.
    I will look into that. I plan to re-read 4hww. Right now I am reading good to great by Jim Collins. Excellent book. Much better then think & grow rich IMO

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

play2win

Try Walking In My Shoes

North Jersery

Quote Originally Posted by Fader View Post
    Excellent book. Much better then think & grow rich IMO
    Than*

Oh shit son did I just correct an instructor?!&*^%

I was always a great speller in kindergarden.