How many approaches do I need to get good at Day Game?

1234 LastLast

How many approaches do I need to get good at Day Game?

I've been doing direct daygame for almost 6 month now. Although I approach, I feel like every time I go out, I am starting all over again. Especially in winter, like today, I only made 2 half ass approaches in 2 hours. I feel like a lot of my energy is spent overcoming approach anxiety, and I am not doing much to improve the rest of the game.

I know everyone is different, so a little bit about me. I am a pretty soft spoke shy guy who takes a while to make friends. I've been with my share of women, so I am not unfamiliar with the females. So, for someone like me, how many approaches do you I need to make significant progress. Right now I average 15-30 approaches a month.

I got Soul's Day Time Dating book. My goal is to get this skill set down in 1 year. I feel like I am not on track.

The obvious answer is to approach as many sets as I can, but maybe some realistic feedback will get me motivated to really make some progress.

P-X

As many as it takes really, as an obvious answer...
    Keep in mind that for this to be more natural for 'unnaturals' and to be able to have a great conversation with a complete stranger, its going to take practice until it becomes apart of your lifestyle.
    Talk to strangers everyday. stop them on the street and try to have as long of a conversation as you can without it getting or feeling awkard for the person, then try to go alittle bit longer the next set by trying little things here and there. Whether it be with your speech, body language, or how you steer the conversation.
    when i was starting out, i liked to approach everyone in general and basically have the same conversation then play with little things in what i did during the converation. Like trying a different angle in how i stood, trying to put or more pauses in my sentences at different places in the conv., ect...
    once i found something that worked i builded on that and i could have a great conversation really easily without having to rely on using the same converation topics over and over again.
    Get good conversation skills, tweek the topics, and they'll come...

Hope this helps man! and Good Luck!

3. There is a standard exercise for overcoming AA. Open LOTS of sets, just say hello or have a short conversation and then eject.

That's all. Don't try to generate attraction, don't try to get phone numbers, etc. Just open, short conversation, eject, and move on to the next target.

If you do this enough you should desensitize yourself to AA. Then you will need to work on doing more than just opening, but first things first.

Just read one of Farmer's post. He went out 2 days a week for 6-8 hours each time for 6 month. I only approach while running errands. I think like working out, there's a threshhold I need to exceed in order to improve. Like if you only work out 2x week, you r just trying to get back to baseline each time.

I don't want to be obsessed with PU, but I probably need to up my intensity a bit. If I can make ~ 50 approaches a month, I think I'll start to see improvements.

5. hahahah....the most toughest things in life are the most easiest and obvious...

lately i realized in the game that ppl get all pumped up after reading the game and pickup stuff....but wht they dont realize is tht its all bout pushing your comfort zone,there's gonna be a lot of blood,sweat and tears before u reach your goal.

15-30 approaches a month is quite low....u need to do better than that...

Things u can do to get in habit of approaching:
    1] get a wing....who'll push you
    2]try some NLP anchoring stuff by hypnotica.....it works like magic....
    3]Keep talking to random people...as in day game there might be scarcity of sets which might get u off your state
    4]keep doing newbie drills...although u will forget them once u get into habit of approaching

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Project X View Post
    I've been doing direct daygame for almost 6 month now. Although I approach, I feel like every time I go out, I am starting all over again. Especially in winter, like today, I only made 2 half ass approaches in 2 hours. I feel like a lot of my energy is spent overcoming approach anxiety, and I am not doing much to improve the rest of the game.

I know everyone is different, so a little bit about me. I am a pretty soft spoke shy guy who takes a while to make friends. I've been with my share of women, so I am not unfamiliar with the females. So, for someone like me, how many approaches do you I need to make significant progress. Right now I average 15-30 approaches a month.

I got Soul's Day Time Dating book. My goal is to get this skill set down in 1 year. I feel like I am not on track.

The obvious answer is to approach as many sets as I can, but maybe some realistic feedback will get me motivated to really make some progress.

P-X
    It does take quite a bit more than 15-30 a month. I'd say more like 15-30 a week. I think that most daytime pua's are doing 15-30 a week. It's important to approach a lot because that's how we learn. As you approach more it's starts to feel natural, like you really are a Casanova and not just a pua. What happens is you'll start to pick up on women's slight cues. You will start to naturally connect with her, without even trying. Your smile and her smile will mesh together, but it won't seemed force, rather it will just happen.
    This is what happened with me when I went from doing 10 approaches a week to 40 approaches. It was as if something clicked, and all the sudden I was the womanizing playboy, even though I'm not a good-looking guy.
    Try it out. Go downtown, where all the women are walking around. It's relatively easy to do 4 or 5 approaches an hour on busy city streets. Go out twice a week. In a 4 or 5 hour period you'll be able to do 20 approaches without a sweat. Drop into a few bars and practice some night game. Do this twice a week, and soon approaching becomes easy, almost natural, kind of like you're just this neat, friendly guy who talks to everyone and likes everyone. It seems like a big deal now because you grew up in the public school system where teachers were constantly telling you to be quiet, and if you didn't get accepted into the cool click you learned to walk the halls alone like a mouse. It's all BS though. You can be the outgoing, funny, interesting guy.

London

Impossible to answer, nor should you look to answer that kind of question.

Just run your own race, work on your game in small chunks, journal and watch the progress. It may be slow, it may be quick, it may be a combination of both at different levels of learning.

A great way to desensitise to AA, and something I've given to students in the past to great effect is to approach at least one person each and every single day. This was originally an idea Keychain wrote about in this article here: Forming The Approach Habit - Keychain

Do that on top of more intense practice on free days, presumably the weekend.
    Vox - Love Systems Instructor
    -------------------------------------------------

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH 2016 - www.datingcoachvox.com

FOLLOW ME: Twitter / Facebook

8. I do 60 / day = I have totaled 15000 approaches

Quote Originally Posted by Project X View Post

I know this was asked on 2010 but maybe someone else is reading...

Trust the process and do it until you get the results you desire, and tweak and refine to your advantage. You can do lots of sets but if you don't approach with a certain mindset and to learn, you might not learn much.

Everyone is different so giving a realistic feedback is really difficult and even impossible to give. One person will have many issues, while the other won't have as much. and so forth.

When I stopped asking this question and embraced the wisdom, that I'm all in no matter how long it takes, then the question didn't matter to me as much. Instead I trusted the process because you can get into this place like most guys do and whinge, complain, over think stuff and not just doing the work to learn to get better with women.

Quote Originally Posted by portlandboy View Post
    I do 60 / day = I have totaled 15000 approaches
    I love that t-shirt, where can I get one? lol