FR Journal - Ghosebag and LaffeyTaffey - Input needed, please

12 LastLast
    Northern California (Palo Alto, SF, Davis)

FR Journal - Ghosebag and LWD_Stacked - Input needed, please

40 Day Straight Sarging Challenge Journal

What's up, guys?

This is my first post but I've been a lurker for awhile and had an account back in the day. LWD_Stacked and I are currently roommates in college in California. I'm still in school, graduating on Wednesday. We both do internet marketing and are moving to Argentina next year and plan to focus a ton on PUA (as well as learning fluent Spanish among many other aspirations ).

First though, we're making a couple month stop in Tampa, FL and planning to make a 40 straight day effort to go out and actively work on PUA.

This thread is both to track our progress but also to get feedback from all the great minds out there so we accelerate our learning as quickly as possible.

Anyways, I'll get to the point. Today is June 6th 3:19 am. We are finished with college on Wednesday at 3 pm and will have a couple days off until Sunday when we both depart to our parents homes for a couple weeks. In the time between us moving home and moving to Florida (July 2nd) we will be focusing on internet marketing (both), the World Cup (me) and poker (LWD_Stacked). We will probably not be spending too much time on PUA but will have time to study up a bit before we depart. Hence to start what we hope will be an epic thread with this question:

"If you could go back and do it again, what would you have spent time learning before going out and sarging? What would you recommend we put our time into until we land in Tampa?"

As of right now we plan to review Magic Bullets which we've both already read. When we get to Florida we plan to spend 40 days going out, most likely focusing on Day Game. Going to listen to one interview series a day then go out for 2 or so hours.

Any input welcome.

Also, anyone reading in Tampa or Florida?

2. whats up guys i'm lwd_stacked (LWD= Like We Do.... its our blog while we travel over the next year+).

i'm a pro poker player and do internet marketing on the side. pua has helped me improve as a person over the last 4 years. i havent really gone out and pushed my boundaries but i have gone from a quiet "nice guy" in high school to a relatively social/funny guy in the last 4 years. over the next 40 days, i plan on going out every day and opening up a certain amount of sets (like maybe 10 or something) per day. i read about 2 guys doing that on another PUA forum a few years back and they were so solid after that it was nuts.

anyway, its kinda early for this thread but we would love suggestions/advice and look forward to constant updates starting in 2 weeks or so when we land in florida and get the 40 day challenge going!

Alright, time for the real world. I graduated college on Wednesday, just arrived home and am making a post here to get this off the ground. A lot of people write field report journals about going out and the actual sarging. While LWD_Stacked and I will be doing that once we arrive in Florida (currently looking to be July 15th) I want to focus this journal more on how we are approaching learning the game both on and off the "court".

We aren't starting the 40 day challenge just yet but I at least will be re-reading Magic Bullets and maybe listen to a couple interview series on openers and what not. I'm hoping to be going out to sarge at least a couple times a week between now and Tampa, when we start our 40 straight day challenge.

Any thoughts on what I should start on focusing on these first couple days?

SLC,UTAH

To the both of you, be clear on what your studying together that way you both know what your material is going to be. I have a twin brother on here (fresh23) and I know him too well, so we calibrate great when we neg girls.

Having a wingman can be either the greatest or worst thing in the world. Know what material your going to use that's all I can tell you. One time my brother and I used similar build ups with the girls we met and then got together and we almost got busted for it but luckily we got away.

Just kinda talk to one another and trust me once you guys have hung out enough time in public you will know what you need to do in order to wing your friend and everything,

Good luck and I will be checking in on you guys.

5. thanks for the advice clik! ya were coming up with openers right now which are unique and build into personal stories so that way we dont have any overlap and were familiar with each others openers.

so were finally here in FLORIDA YAAA! the bad news is i got a fat sunburn from sleeping in the sun at the beach in santa cruz, ca lol. so ya my legs swelled up so i'm stuck sitting at home in the AC w/ my legs up until my feet are better.

its a blessing in disguise though. were reading magic bullets again and going through the routines manual and interview series. we've got a lot of work ahead of us but its going to be fun. were looking to start the 40 day challenge around this monday. i'll let ghosebag explain in more detail what were doing... i'm going back to grind out a poker session lol

Alright, boys, our journey is actually about to begin. Due to Stacked's injury (gnarly f'in sunburn, poor guy couldn't move for our last 3 days in California), we won't be venturing out or starting our 40 day challenge until Monday. Like he said though, we are beginning our work. We're starting today by reviewing the Opening section of Magic Bullets as well as openers from the Routines Manual (1 and 2).

After listening to the Opening and Transitioning Interview Series on the way here, we decided to follow the advice of the instructors and come up with 3-5 customized openers a piece. We'll be doing that tonight and should have another post up this evening. Something I hadn't previously realized from before the Interview Series was how the responses to most openers don't really matter, which allows us to script our follow up material as well.

7. DAY 1:

Ok so today was awesome for a few reasons but a little laid back. Ghosebag hit up one of his friends out in the area and they recommended a sports bar for the Spain/Holland game (woot go spain!)

during the game we opened two groups of two chicks. ok... by we i mean amar. i give props to him because he is a really social guy but has problems cold approaching. he works almost all in social circle game and does it very well. props for him for getting opening.

we ended up having two pretty good conversations. the first one went pretty well even though the chicks werent very hot and they didnt hold much value for us in that they didnt know of anything happening in the area. the second group we opened fine but we didnt advance the conversation well though i saw ghosebag move the conversation to another guy in another group. i noticed the girls looking at him and realizing he was just a social guy and not just some dude trying to hit on them.

as for me, i need some work. being totally honest i didnt feel prepared today which was my fault. tonight i'm actually going to just practice opening ghosebag to get an opinion opener i made up down. that way i can seamlessly open sets tomorrow. the first group after ghosebag opened well, i felt i did well in that i advanced the conversation, made the girls laugh a bit, and did a little kino giving the girl a high five for liking something i did lol.

we decided to hit up the mall after the game. we walked around and talked about pickup and reflected a bit. we chatted up and were social to the girl and manager at sbarro and ended up getting free pizza lol (being social is like having super powers... on joke)

on the way out (notice at this time the mall had closed and there was hardly anyone around), we walked out the door. i saw a girl in the reflection coming up behind me and ghosebag was a few steps ahead. i opened both the doors for her, she said thanks, and then ghosebag came swooping in with his opinion opener. his works like gold btw.... makes girls laugh every time. we both did really well in set talking to her.

i ended up grabbing her number (which she asked for) and we were getting major ioi's. i gave her a quick text and that was that

she was a red head which isnt really our forte but she was a hot girl and she knew it which made it our first big win so far! since none of us are really attracted too much to red heads, were thinking about using her to get at her friends ;D

expect more kick-ass field reports for the next 39 days!

Alright, for time's sake I'm going to just write up our last approach. I used the same opening on all the sets so this'll show what we're focusing on currently (opening for the next couple days, transitioning soon to come).

[Stacked holds door open for Redhead as she leaves the mall while texting on her phone]

Ghosebag: Excuse me.
    Redhead: Yes?
    G: Hey, I had a quick question for you. Does everyone out here in Florida associate the state of California with Hollywood and douchebag celebrities like Mel Gibson and Lindsey Lohan?
    R: haha, I'm actually not the best person to ask, I just moved here from New Jersey two or three weeks ago.
    G: Oh, really? I was actually asking that question because we just moved here from California and we're trying to make sure saying we're from Cali isn't ruining our first impressions with people.
    R: (laughs again), conversation ensues

After that we weren't really running any game though we did throw in some familiar elements during the convo.

I half negged her after she negged herself about being useless to us. Stacked had asked if she knew of any spots to party in the area and she didn't really and she couldn't answer our question about what Floridians think of California.

EDIT: Stacked says I should clarify we weren't really negging her but more like teasing

Lets see... I DHV'd us a couple of times talking about what we're doing out in Florida seeing as our entire lives are pretty much meant to be one big DHV. We discussed how cool it was she just moved out here for two months for the hell of it and how we were doing the same only that Tampa was the first of many "for the hell of it" locations. Also mentioned the hook up we have here living with family and how we get homecooking everyday. I feel like it sounds lame on here but it flowed with the conversation and there were good vibes with everything.

Stacked also used her moving to Tampa on a whim to qualify her, mentioning how much he respected people with that mindset and the like.

Stacked also has a tell (not that I've seen him do this before but it was pretty obvious in my eyes at least) that he's going to ask for a number when he reaches into his pocket, even if he doesn't pull out his phone. I saw him reach for it and immediately pretended to have a phone call to eject. As it happened the lady asked to exchange numbers right at that point so I asked whoever I was pretending to talk to to hold on a second as I went back to introduce myself to the girl (we didn't even know her name until this point). I then re-ejected and let Stacked close.

In conclusion we got a solid number close and should mention she suggested a strip club to us that she was told she had to go to while she was in Tampa so that could be our day 2 with her. Regardless, I think its unlikely that either of us is going to try for anything more with this girl especially because she works at the mall and could be a huge DHV to us there in the future. In all likelihood we'll focus on becoming friends with her and hope she makes some hot friends before we see her next.

Day 2:

So we started out today waking up pretty late and working out was the first thing on our to do list. We did the following, which we plan to do all 40 days and go hand in hand with our 40 day improvement challenge:

20 seconds of squat, 10 seconds holding in seated position, for 4 minutes
    20 seconds of push ups, 10 second rest, for 3 minutes (eventually we want to do 4)
    20 seconds of sit ups, 10 second rest, for 4 minutes

After that Stacked wasn't feeling well, he's a bit out of shape (understatement, no offense to him) so he didn't come out with me immediately after as I had to drive my grandmother to an appointment. We were going to go out while she was there but we waited until after when Stacked was feeling better.

Honestly, neither of us were feeling it today. We both opened a girl working at Burger King, didn't really count as an approach but it was Stacked's first time running through an opener (he used the same one from my previous post). I led with something about the extremely lame Twilight poster in BK and got a couple laughs and Stacked followed up next in line with the opener to just get it down.

We moved on to the mall and Stacked wasn't liking how hot it was and wanted a drink so he took advantage of that and opened a set asking about a place we don't have out in California. He had one of their attention who was telling him about her experience there and what not before I came in and got the other girls attention with a bit of humor. We ejected pretty quick and kept walking around. After that we just opened two hired guns and also went into the store of the girl who Stacked number closed the day before. She wasn't working but we left a good impression on her coworkers.

Overall I was happy to see Stacked actually get through a couple openers and am pretty proud of him for doing so. While our sets went alright and we didn't get blown out I was pretty disappointed with myself for not opening more sets and pussying out on at least one group Stacked told me to go approach.

Tomorrow we plan to go out again and do the same thing but hopefully make 5 approaches a piece.

Its 5:39 am and Stacked and I had a change in plans and are making a day trip to Orlando in a couple minutes with my uncle. I don't know how busy we'll be while we're there because we're heading up to help my uncle drive back some cars from there but if we get a couple hours to ourselves I'm going to try to push Stacked in 10+ sets and do the same for myself.

Currently reading the stickied thread by Braddock about Approach Anxiety and loving it. Its really cool going through and reading this stuff after having done only a few approaches because its so easy to say "oh, yeah, I felt exactly that". Stacked and I plan to read all of the stickies in the opening and transitioning section before the end of the week and should have both concepts nailed in both theory and reality by Sunday. If we can focus on Attraction starting next Monday I think we'll be well on our way to where we want to be in 40 days, ie perfect ;-)