What are some good excuses for not driving?

1. What are some good excuses for not driving?

Ok. Here's the deal. I HATE to lie, so I don't (especially if that lie projects a negative image of myself to others)

But at the same time, I need a good, reasonable, legitimate (dare I even say "cool") reason for not driving / having a car, that won't DLV me.

Before you ask "Why don't you drive?" I just simply don't have my license. At 16 I never really cared to get it, then in my early 20s, reading the book kinda confused me, and the full course costs money that I don't currently have (but I hope to take it maybe this summer if I can)

I'd say that 90% of the time, it's never a problem having a girl come pick me up or come over to meet me/visit.

But at some point, I know a girl will ask "So wait, why don't YOU drive?" or "Why can't you come HERE?" or "That's kind of far, can we meet halfway?" (I HAVE gotten THAT one before.)

Please, no judging. Just answers. At this point, even a GOOD lie will do. Thank you.

Say you're from NYC...

I started driving since I was really young, but a lot of my peers in NYC don't have their licenses and to be honest, never care to have a license...

Personally I can't imagine why someone would want to be reliant on friends/parents/ public transportation, the rest of their lives, but w/e...

But why do you have to lie? I mean what's the point? Will your response in any way raise or lower your value?

not unless you say "My chauffer does that for me..." ... and they believe it.

Surprise Buttsex

Seems like the obvious thing to say is, "I don't drive."

"Why not?"

"I live in X and work in Y, so I don't need one." I've lived in places where owning a car was an unnecessary expense for where my work/play was, so I didn't keep one. No big deal for a guy in his 20's.

However, you should date accordingly. Either be able to get around or date women who are geographically desirable. Asking some girl 20 minutes away to pick your ass up every time you go out is not reasonable.
    At 16 I never really cared to get it, then in my early 20s, reading the book kinda confused me, and the full course costs money that I don't currently have (but I hope to take it maybe this summer if I can)
    You don't need to take a course to get a drivers license. You need to pass a written test and a driving test. Check out a DMV. Some seriously broke ass people out have get their licenses. You can figure it out.

Inability to drive, rather than choosing not to, outside of very specific places (NYC) is going to look a little odd. And if some girls who live far away DQ you because of it, not a big deal. Men and women DQ each other all the time for logistics reasons.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Hunk View Post

why do you have to lie? I mean what's the point? Will your response in any way raise or lower your value?
    It might lower it, if I just say "Well I never got around to getting my license, and I'm 30 years old." That's completely DLV, so I was hoping to avoid it.

Do I PLAN to get my license? Absolutely! I'd LOVE to be more independent than I am at the moment. But until I'm THERE, I'd like to keep the focus elsewhere, you know? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    Seems like the obvious thing to say is, "I don't drive."

"Why not?"

"I live in X and work in Y, so I don't need one." I've lived in places where owning a car was an unnecessary expense for where my work/play was, so I didn't keep one. No big deal for a guy in his 20's.

However, you should date accordingly. Either be able to get around or date women who are geographically desirable. Asking some girl 20 minutes away to pick your ass up every time you go out is not reasonable.

You don't need to take a course to get a drivers license. You need to pass a written test and a driving test. Check out a DMV. Some seriously broke ass people out have get their licenses. You can figure it out.

Inability to drive, rather than choosing not to, outside of very specific places (NYC) is going to look a little odd. And if some girls who live far away DQ you because of it, not a big deal. Men and women DQ each other all the time for logistics reasons.
    I like that, @ bold. It sounds logical as hell. The only problem is, I'm 30 now. So I could say I SOLD it? That might work.

I agree with you at chicks picking me up from 20 minutes away. Several of them have DONE it, but only a couple of them LASTED. That's why I need to get myself in gear (no pun intended) ASAP!

I like how you said it's not a big deal if a chick DQ's me because of it. I need to stop worrying about what these broads THINK. I think my problem is, that even though I'm a good looking guy (and have personality) my lack of material assets (car/own place) will eventually be my DOWNFALL, especially @ my age.

You know how they say that guys who have tons of options are NATURALLY more CONFIDENT? Well, I feel like I WOULD have more options, if I had these things. But since I DON'T, a lot of the girls who were INITIALLY interested, eventually fell off.

I appreciate the help though. Thanks.

Unless you live in an area where not having a car is the norm, a lack of a car is a huge DLV no matter how you slice it. Not having a license is even worse, and not knowing how to drive is worse still. It's not that expensive. You can get a cheap beater car and save on gas by just not driving it very much. Insurance will be cheap, since you will probably only need liability insurance.

I don't know what the laws are in your area, but in California, you can get a learner's permit and practice driving your car, as long as it is insured and you have a licensed driver in the car who is at least 25. They make it pretty easy for adults to get licenses here. The ridiculous complicated rules like driving classes and rules about the ages of passengers only come into play for people under 18. I imagine that the rules are pretty similar where you are. You might even be able to practice and get your license driving a friend's car, though you would have to check on that.

tl;dr: Man up and get your license. No excuses, and no procrastination.

6. why you don't drive......

"im afraid to got into accident....."
    "im not good in driving cars but im good driving in bed....hahah..LOL"

just tell them your real reason..that's my suggest... cheers!

7. Quote Originally Posted by KnightToF3 View Post

tl;dr: Man up and get your license. No excuses, and no procrastination.
    That's the plan. I just wanted a good excuse UNTIL then, lol.

By the way, what is tr;dr? Or was that a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewadam View Post
    why you don't drive......

"im afraid to got into accident....."
    "im not good in driving cars but im good driving in bed....hahah..LOL"

just tell them your real reason..that's my suggest... cheers!
    haha, thanks!

By the way, what is tr;dr? Or was that a typo?
    Too long, did not read!

lol!