On Dominance - Page 3

Thread: On Dominance

FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Please be careful when telling guys that they are entitled to any girl on the street. In actuallity this simply isn't true and it's a dangerous thing to preach. I'm sorry, but I had to say something. It's this type of attitude that leads to harassment or worse.

A relationship is also a two way street. Not one doing all the giving, and one doing all the taking. I'm sorry, but that is a completely unhealthy attitude. Opinions and decisions should be shared and discussed between each other, and the other person's feelings should be taken into consideration. I would hope that anyone who is involved with someone like you posted above, male or female, would get out of that relationship fast.

I'm really sorry I stumbled upon this post. It was chock full of generalizations, bias, and a complete and utter disrespect for women. I can assure you, not all women look for this type of relationship. Most who have already experienced it, as a matter of fact, run from it. Anyone who would treat their girlfriend like this cannot truly care about them at all.

A girlfriend should not treat her boyfriend like this, nor should a boyfriend treat his girlfriend like this. There is such a thing as mutual respect. That is what you should strive for in a relationship. It's not an either or mentallity, or about going from one extreme to the other.

San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSongs View Post
    Please be careful when telling guys that they are entitled to any girl on the street. In actuallity this simply isn't true and it's a dangerous thing to preach. I'm sorry, but I had to say something. It's this type of attitude that leads to harassment or worse.

A relationship is also a two way street. Not one doing all the giving, and one doing all the taking. I'm sorry, but that is a completely unhealthy attitude. Opinions and decisions should be shared and discussed between each other, and the other person's feelings should be taken into consideration. I would hope that anyone who is involved with someone like you posted above, male or female, would get out of that relationship fast.

I'm really sorry I stumbled upon this post. It was chock full of generalizations, bias, and a complete and utter disrespect for women. I can assure you, not all women look for this type of relationship. Most who have already experienced it, as a matter of fact, run from it. Anyone who would treat their girlfriend like this cannot truly care about them at all.

A girlfriend should not treat her boyfriend like this, nor should a boyfriend treat his girlfriend like this. There is such a thing as mutual respect. That is what you should strive for in a relationship. It's not an either or mentallity, or about going from one extreme to the other.

I just want to say before anyone seriously goes and chops off your post, that you are and always entitled to your opinion. . .

San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger99 View Post
    I just want to say before anyone seriously goes and chops off your post, that you are and always entitled to your opinion. . .
    ^ now that we got that out of the way, I really don't think you understand the means of adaption.

Dear Steelsongs,

PUA's are here to learn a skill, and that is how to adapt to women. If we all got to the point where the nicest guy gets the girl, then I'd be busy picking wildflowers and writing sonnets. Both two things I'd love to be doing right now, but the sad truth is, your wrong. Your advice would never help anyone get anywhere. Your the type of person who tells people the world is flat and that you shouldn't go out and discover anything new but simply designate the idea that you and you alone, will always be right. What gives you the right to be thinking in this way?

Your a mom that never listens to your kids, your the manager that thinks it's not the product it's the employee, your the hummer that will disagree that you DO emit poisonous gases that burn a hole in the ozone layer.

In conclusion, "you can't learn."

And that's a pity.

Dude if i wasnt broke i would paypal you $100 for that post. The perfect thing for me to read at this point in my life.

London

Great post
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Silicon Valley

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSongs View Post

You're assuming in your argument that a dominant man does not respect a woman, or that a woman who is submissive to a man has no self-respect. I think you are wrong on both counts, and here is why.

The woman chooses the man who leads her. I'm sure when you read this post the first thing that popped into your head was a random PUA or some other guy trying to dominate you. If you imagine some random nerd in this position, I can see how the whole post will seem completely distasteful. Now go back and think of your ideal man. Somebody who has similar interests and other traits you desire. Really think about it. Would you be turned on if he took the lead in the relationship?

Taking the lead and being dominant does not mean being domineering or somehow repressing a woman. It means that when there is a decision to be made, you make it with both of you in mind. It doesn't mean you don't get a woman's opinion on it, or ignore her wishes, or do whatever you please. That's what selfish jerks do, not real men. Just sometimes, when you have two equal choices, decisions must be made and someone's gotta make them. If you were deciding between two places to eat, which would you find more attractive: a guy who says "let's go here", takes you by the hand and LEADS, or a guy who says "I dunno baby, what do you want to do" (AFTER you've told him you don't care either way).

The most important thing you can do as a woman is screen for the right guy who can lead the relationship where you want it to go and who cares and respects you enough to look out for your interests when making decisions. I don't know about you, but submissive, indecisive guys simply do not attract me. If the guy is decisive and takes the lead, you still have to be smart and screen out the jerks. Remember that at all times, you choose to be lead. That means if things aren't heading where you want them to go, you have every right to jump ship.

Ironically, one of the most empowering things to me as a woman was letting myself surrender to a man whom I chose and whom I fully trust. There is just no feeling like it...that release of feminine energy that usually gets suppressed in everyday life. If you've never felt it before, you should try it. It takes a true man to bring it out.

Cheers,

Rogue

Miami Beach, FL

Thanks Rogue,

I have nearly no respect for SteelSongs and do not feel the need to reply. I feel her attitude comes from anger and lack of experience as well as close mind.

As a moderator I have not seen a single productive or useful opinion or statement from that user.

But as someone said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if they are greeted with unwelcomed tone.

Also speaking of dominance,

guys let's not go overacting and overboard replying to her.

8. Quote Originally Posted by TrueStory View Post
    Thanks Rogue,

I have nearly no respect for SteelSongs and do not feel the need to reply. I feel her attitude comes from anger and lack of experience as well as close mind.

As a moderator I have not seen a single productive or useful opinion or statement from that user.

But as someone said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if they are greeted with unwelcomed tone.

Also speaking of dominance,

guys let's not go overacting and overboard replying to her.
    There was nothing disrespectful about my post. And many of my posts have offered clear and concise, universal reasons why I disagree with many of the outlooks and approaches here. I have read my replies with an open mind and even admitted when they were right. It is evident that you have no respect for anyone who disagrees with you, even when they offer a reason. You are entitled, but keep in mind, that in and of itself is the definition of a closed mind.

Just so that I am staying on topic and not derailing, making such comments like "you have access to her body whenever you want," "she is there to please you," "I don't ask permission for ANYTHING," "It's my way or the highway," and "We don't meet half way," etc are not indicative of a healthy attitude toward your partner for anyone, man or woman. I know for a fact I am not the only one who would agree with that sentiment.

You don't have to agree with me; quite frankly, why would I care? It's obvious why my comments have not been useful. From a psychological standpoint, the tone and choice of phrasing you choose to use when you talk about women, indeed, comes from a place of anger. Otherwise why would you have started this thread by expressing your frustration with seeing guys in relationships where they are not respected? That set the tone right there. All you did was flip the tables. That isn't the way to go about tackling the problem.

When I think of a dominant man I think of someone who can handle lifes challenges and stress. I want a guy that will be strong and take whatever comes his way in his stride.
    Someone who has strength of mind can create a safe place for relationship to exist in.

I feel safer with a guy that makes his own rules and is his own person. Someone that encourages you to do things and has little fear about the world outside.
    A dominant man is one who feels the world is made for him, someone who is not a victim.

I dont want half a person looking for another half perosn to complete him. I want a whole person, who feels in control of his life, who wants to add value to your life, as you will do for him. This is the sort of guy I want to support and invest in a relationship with.

All humans have the same desires: will you rather have a man that needs games and hidden agendas to get what he wants. Or would you prefer a dominant man who voices his intentions and thoughts without apology and who will play it straight.
    Then we both know where we stand with each other.

Miami Beach, FL

Three questions for you and I am done:

a) do you have a boyfriend?

b) how long your longest relationship lasted?

c) WHY are you here?