Trends/Attraction Discussion - The wuss is back!

12 LastLast

Trends/Attraction Discussion - The wuss is back!

Remember a couple years back? Four, maybe five years ago?

AMOG was attractive, alpha was attractive, out-going, popular, funny guys were attractive.

What happened?

I've noticed a trend - much more pronounced in SF than anywhere else - but in other places as well.

The guys that are seen as more attractive, more desireable, are the more introverted guys. The less flashy, less AMOG guy. Think of everything that Mystery goes for - peacocking, jokes, magic tricks, etc.. Less of that.

THis trend is disturbing to me... Because I am THAT guy. The louder, more outgoing guy, the guy that everyone knows arrives at a party (and before you jump - not in a "hear you across the room" way, but in a "that guy is really cool and I want to know him" way).

Over the last year or so, this trend towards the less "BLAO" kind of person has been more and more apparent to me.

A few thoughts come to mind... Empowerment of women, which is a big thing in SF, is leading women towards a "I want to chase after the guy, not the other way" attitude.

Also, trends are like a pendulum, after going one way for a while they shoot back. So while a few years ago THAT guy was the guy to be, now you want to be the quiet guy that the girls whisper about, the guy who is reserved.

I am not bashing on the introverts - just making a few observations. Not being an introvert - I liked it the other way... Duh. :-P

So.. This trend that I have been seeing... What does it mean to our world of PU?

DYD has a classic saying that the vet's will know and the newb might not:

"Attraction is not a choice, it is a reaction"

Well. The girls are reacting to different stuff.

Not to say that they won't respond to the material we have been using for years - just that.. it's somewhat the same material - in spirit at least.

Is it time for a change? Is it irrelevant i.e. "they will love me no matter what"? (they do).

Is this something that ya'll already know?

Or am I way off?.. (lolz. :-D )

But seriously - Anyone else see this?

Thoughts?

-Persia

Surprise Buttsex

I think you're imagining it or seeing a small sample size and extrapolating incorrect conclusions. One could have said the exact same thing when Emo dudes were popular, or metrosexuals. But cool loud guys didn't suddenly stop getting laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I think you're imagining it or seeing a small sample size and extrapolating incorrect conclusions. One could have said the exact same thing when Emo dudes were popular, or metrosexuals.
    That's true - but I've observed this in San Francisco, Montreal, and Seattle - and over a period of a year or two

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    But cool loud guys didn't suddenly stop getting laid.
    That's also true - but I feel like it's not as cool to be "that" guy because it's been desirable for so long that many, many guys have made themselves into that.

More supply, less demand?

Wilmington, NC

regardless, if u still do all the attraction material right, what does it matteR?

5. This is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by sling View Post
    This is simply not true.
    Explanation?

New York, NY

I'm an introvert and I bang 8's + by just being indifferent. I look pretty 'metrosexual' too but I just like to be clean and presentable. I'm never loud or overbearing and the girls approach me.

Wilmington, NC

Quote Originally Posted by TonyPUA View Post
    I'm an introvert and I bang 8's + by just being indifferent. I look pretty 'metrosexual' too but I just like to be clean and presentable. I'm never loud or overbearing and the girls approach me.
    thats exactly what i mean. no one has to be load to flip attraction switches. who cares if u like looking good doing it (i'm guessin thats how u feel seeing as u call urself metro.) ive been seeing a lot of talk on these "girls liking different styles" discussion. Its only the fundamentals that matter, and we use openers to get to use those fundamentals, we use canned material when starting out to practice just the fundamentals and not presentation.

being confident and a respect for one's self are the only two things any PUA needs before an interaction, weather a girl comes to u or u go to her have no bearing on the attraction, qualification, comfort, and seduction process.

Touché sir.

10. I'm pretty sure adherance to current fashions has very little to do with one's frequency of getting laid.