Man kills 3, blames his failure to attract women

123 LastLast
  1. Man kills 3, blames his failure to attract women

This is a sad story of failure. The 48 year old man has had such little success with women that he was driven to kill himself and 3 others because of his loneliness.

CNN quotes his blog in this article, it spotlights how horrid this guy felt about his failures to attract women. I feel numb about the story. It's shameful that 3 innocent women died. I feel bad for the man for his complete ineptitude with women, but it's inexusable for him not to seek help.

=======================
    =======================

(CNN) -- He felt lonely, said he hadn't had a girlfriend since 1984. He said his father didn't love him. And he detailed plans to kill young women.

George Sodini wrote a diary before walking into an LA Fitness gym Tuesday near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

George Sodini, the 48-year-old man police blame for killing three women and wounding 10 others in a suburban Pittsburgh gym, left behind an online diary that is as shocking in places as it is profane in others.

It offers a rare glimpse into the mind of a suspected killer who police say walked into an aerobics class, turned off the lights and fired more than 50 rounds from multiple handguns.

"Why do this?? To young girls? Just read below. I kept a running log that includes my thoughts and actions after I saw this project was going to drag on," the diary begins. Watch how Sodini may have targeted a woman »

It seems almost formatted, like a résumé, with Sodini's date of birth and date of death. The date of death is listed as Tuesday, the day of the shootings at an LA Fitness outside Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

A law enforcement source who identified the shooter said Sodini was a member of the gym. The source provided a month and year of the suspect's birth that matches the month and year listed for Sodini in the online diary.

The Web site where the diary appears is registered to George Sodini of Pittsburgh. It lists an address in or near Scott Township; the law enforcement source said Sodini lived in Scott Township.

Throughout the log, Sodini refers to a shooting that he is planning as an "exit plan."

His first entry is November 5, 2008.

"Planned to do this in the summer but figure to stick around to see the election outcome," it says.

The December 22 entry says: "Time is moving along. Planned to have this done already. I will just keep a running log here as time passes. Many of the young girls here look so beautiful as to not be human, very edible. After joining this gym, started lifting weights and like it."

Two days later came an entry about loneliness.

"Moving into Christmas again. No girlfriend since 1984, last Christmas with Pam was in 1983. Who knows why. I am not ugly or too weird. No sex since July 1990 either (I was 29)."
    By December 26, the writer seems to have picked a date. "I will shoot for Tuesday, January 6, 2009, at maybe 8:15. I have list of to-do items to make."

In an entry dated January 5, he laments, "Every evening I am alone, and then go to bed alone. ... Why should I continue another 20+ years alone? I will just work, come home, eat, maybe do something, then go to bed (alone) for the next day of the same thing. This is the Auschwitz Syndrome, to be in serious pain for so long one thinks it is normal. I cannot wait for tomorrow!"

Then he loses his nerve.

"It is 8:45PM," reads an entry dated January 6. "I chickened out! [Expletive] I brought the loaded guns, everything. Hell!"

A May 5 entry outlines a technique.

"To pull the exit plan off, it popped into my mind to just use some booze," the entry reads. "After the gym, I stopped at Shop N Save and got a fifth of vodka and a small bottle of Jack Daniels."

The diary recounts a failure with women and a growing anger.

"There are 30 million desirable women in the US (my estimate) and I cannot find one," a May 18 entry reads. "Not one of them finds me attractive. These problems have gotten worse over a 30-year period. I need to expect nothing from me or other people."

The entry from Monday recounts practice for a shooting.

"I took off today, Monday, and tomorrow to practice my routine and make sure it is well polished. I need to work out every detail, there is only one shot. Also I need to be completely immersed into something before I can be successful."

The next day, around 8 p.m., a gunman with a gym bag strode into the LA Fitness gym, turned off the lights and started shooting without saying a word, police said.

Investigators found his body lying atop one of his guns, about 7 feet from a woman he shot.

Scary shit, especially because this happened 45 minutes away from my home. In fact, a guy I used to play baseball with used to work at that LA Fitness.

I have no other comments.

3. sad story...

I just saw a pic of his--he was a decent looking dude--he really shouldn't have any trouble with woman. All the information in the world was at his finger tips.

4. This is why Pickup 101 should be taught in schools.

Honestly if I had learned all of this stuff a lot earlier it would've saved me like 6 years of total loneliness and friendlessness. Not that I'm a player now but I've got good social intuition, a solid social circle and I know I've got the ability to make friends wherever I go.

This is what loneliness can drive someone to. It's sad.

5. Somebody should of introduced this guy to David DeAngelo's Cocky Funny E-Book

Police: Pa. man who attacked gym had 4 guns
    By GENARO C. ARMAS, AP
    19 minutes ago

BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. — Police in Pennsylvania say a gunman who sprayed bullets at women exercising at his suburban Pittsburgh health club, killing three of them, did not have a relationship with any of the victims. Allegheny County police Superintendent Charles Moffatt also says that the 48-year-old gunman, George Sodini, had four guns on him and used three of them in the attack.

Sodini was a member of the L.A. Fitness club and had been there two times Tuesday before he came back at night.

Sodini killed three women and wounded nine others. He then killed himself.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. (AP) — A man who sprayed bullets into a fitness class filled with women, killing three and then himself, apparently kept a Web page in which he wrote about years of rejection by women and an earlier plan for violence at the gym in which he said he "chickened out."

Neighbors described 48-year-old George Sodini, who worked in a law firm's finance department, as anti-social, and the Web page in his name showcased a resume setting forth his credentials as an unhappy loner. It listed his date of death — Aug. 4, 2009 — and his status of "Never married."

AP - Shooting at Pitt-area Health Club Leaves 4 Dead
    He complained of not having a girlfriend since 1984, not having a date since May 2008 and not having sex for 19 years.

"Women just don't like me. There are 30 million desirable women in the US (my estimate) and I cannot find one," he wrote. The page ended with the words "Death Lives!

On Tuesday night, the gunman walked into his gym wearing workout gear and a headband, entered a "Latin impact" dance aerobics class and placed a duffel bag on the ground. He rooted around in the bag for a moment, turned off the lights, took out at least two guns and started shooting.

Three women were killed and nine women were wounded. Police say he may have fired as many as 52 shots before turning the gun on himself and committing suicide.

"He walked right into the room where the shootings occurred as if he knew exactly where he was going," Allegheny County police Superintendent Charles Moffatt said. "I think he went in with the idea of doing what he did."

Authorities on Wednesday identified the gunman as Sodini, of nearby Scott Township. The three women who died were Heidi Overmier, 46, of Carnegie; Elizabeth Gannon, 49, of Pittsburgh; and Jody Billingsley, 38, of Mount Lebanon.

The 4,610-word Web page, on a domain registered in Sodini's name, appeared to be a nine-month chronology of his plans for the shooting, his decision to delay it and the process that led to the eventual carnage at his health club Tuesday. Authorities did not immediately confirm that the site belonged to Sodini, but the elaborate nature of the comments suggested authenticity.

"The biggest problem of all is not having relationships or friends, but not being able to achieve and acquire what I desire in those or many other areas," said an entry dated Sunday. "Everthing stays the same regardless of the effert I put in. If I had control over my life then I would be happier. But for about the past 30 years, I have not."

The Web site's author wrote of planning the attack since at least November and had tried to do it when the same Tuesday-night dance aerobics class he targeted met on Jan. 6.

"It is 8:45PM: I chickened out!" he wrote. "I brought the loaded guns, everything. Hell!"

A neighbor of Sodini's, Connie Fontanesi, said she was interviewed by county detectives Tuesday evening.

"He was so anti-social we really didn't learn anything personal about him," she said.

Mike Rick, a spokesman for the Pittsburgh law firm of K&L Gates, said the alleged shooter worked as a systems analyst in the firm's accounting and finance department since 1999. The firm was "deeply saddened by last night's events" and offered condolences to the friends and families of the victims, Rick said in a statement Wednesday.

The violence rocked the suburban Pittsburgh town of about 5,300 residents some eight miles southwest of downtown.

Jordan Solomon, 14, of Mount Lebanon, was in the all-female class and told The Associated Press on Wednesday that it started normally, but she thought it weird when a man walked into the class about 15 minutes later. Solomon said the man put a black duffel bag on the ground.

"He had a sweatband on his head. He was shuffling around in (the bag)," Solomon said. "All of a sudden all the lights went out and I turned around, he started firing. I turned around and I saw him holding a gun."

The man was expressionless, she said, and she didn't hear him say anything.

Solomon said she immediately started to run out of the room and into the parking lot, where she ran into a nearby restaurant and told workers there to call 911.

The gunman fired multiple weapons "indiscriminately" and didn't say anything before unleashing a burst of bullets, Moffatt said. Moffatt said police recovered at least two guns from the scene and a note from the shooter's duffel bag, but he would not say who wrote it.

"I don't think anyone could have stopped him," Moffatt said.

Five of the wounded victims arrived in critical condition at UPMC Mercy Hospital, but three of them were upgraded to serious condition by early Wednesday. Two women remained in fair condition at another Pittsburgh hospital. One victim was treated and released for a shoulder wound and a woman with a bullet wound to the knee remained in stable condition Wednesday.

Authorities initially had difficulty identifying the victims, because they had workout clothes on and weren't carrying wallets, Moffatt said.

Loretta Moss, 44, of McDonald, said she was exercising on a treadmill when she heard a popping noise.

"I didn't pay any attention, and the next minute, people were screaming," said Moss, who had come to the gym Tuesday night for the first time in a couple of weeks. She said she then heard more pops.

"There was like a whole spray of them. I'd say about 15 altogether, and then people started screaming and yelling and started running out the building," she said.

"We laid down, and then after the last set of ... gunshots, we got up, and someone said, 'run.'"
    I hope he burns in hell
    Anyway, if someone introduced him to the Mystery Method, we wouldnt have had this happen. He would be making threads and would be nothing but a internet/keyboard jockey.
    BUT, if someone introduced him to David DeAngelos shit, this guy would actually be getting laid

I'm not going to say whether or not learning PUA tactics would've worked. He may have had phobias going on, or just adjusted to being in a solitary life that when midlife crisis hit, it hit him really hard. I think he had a growing resentment towards women the older he got, and towards life in general.Add to that the current economy, and being in a small town where he probably knew everyone from high school.

The world's a huge place. He could've left and taken his chances somewhere else. It's part of developing your career and building your life. No one gets the gold watch at retirement anymore. Just didn't seem like he was brave enough to do it... played it way too safe.

I can assume he had a lot of discomfort with women in general, and didn't take it past small talk, worried he'd get rejected. A PUA actually looks forward to what the rejection line is going to be, and have fun with it. Odds are he's the guy holding the drink to his chest, watching the TV, not really saying much to anyone in general, people sort of notice but go about their business. Doesn't go out of his way to start a conversation, forces a smile, but feels out of his element.

This goes way past not getting laid.

If anything, it's a sad example of why people labelled a "nice guy" really aren't, because they're covering up a lot of ugly truths about themselves. This was someone's mom, someone's sister, someone's daughter. Just your run of the mill average to hot women trying to keep in shape, fighting age. How angry do you have to be to want to destroy a family out of pure hate and selfishness, and not be around to take the responsibility for it?

Women are pretty savvy about a guy's body language. Sometimes people give you an unsettling feeling even if they did nothing bad to you.

I think there was a growing resentment over the years towards women, and it came across loud and clear on the dates. I just think there was something unsettling about him that came across, and that's why he may have been rejected. Even if he was a "nice guy", if this was a small town that he never left, it wasn't healthy to stay there.

But what happens is everyone starts looking around, thinking of people they know to be anti-social, the more this is in the news. It's just like what happens after a school shooting. People get profiled, and that's not good because they could be completely off base and jumping to conclusions.

I wouldn't be surprised if he already knew about the community. I just think he was probably too far gone by then to be open to it. Sounded very closed minded and stuck in his ways. He didn't like what he saw in his future.

If I saw a future like his, I'd want to make changes to it and get the fuck out of Dodge. There's thousands of places that kick ass and are fun. There's a lot of women out there that enjoy a man's company....unless he creeps them out. There's a few fearless types that take their chances with guys like that. But he wasn't going to find them in a town where everyone's pretty much coupled up.

The movie "Taxi Driver" came to mind when I read this.

8. At first glance when I saw the picture, he wasn't a bad looking 40 something year old guy. I'm surprised he actually had this kind of problem which unfortunately led to a very dreadful event. I guess this is what happens when you live in a such a solitary life without any social contact whatsoever you just tend to lose your sense of mind. However something that just makes me wonder is that he had this planned for a very long time yet he should have spent it on getting help, joining clubs, going to special events and meeting new friends. He was just too distracted on taking "revenge" for his bad luck on women.

I'm just going to assume this guy never heard about the community but I'm guessing if he did then maybe that killing spree wouldn't have happened and he could have just let some frustrations out by opening a topic about it. The important thing he should have done if he is that desperate is to try online dating sites and just meet some random woman his same age, you might not know where it may lead but he could have still tried. If worse comes to shove, he could have just hired a prostitute and get it over with or move to a city. Killing 3 people and wounding 9 others because you can't find love is a sad excuse.

Love yourself first and then you have the right to love another.

Portland, OR; Columbus, OH; Asheville, NC

Quote Originally Posted by sucio44 View Post
    I just saw a pic of his--he was a decent looking dude--he really shouldn't have any trouble with woman. All the information in the world was at his finger tips.
    You can be the best looking guy in the world and if you come across the wrong way you're still not going to get women. Even if a woman throws herself at you now and again if you're too thick to realize that's what is going on you're not likely to get her either.

Then again, a bit of mental illness could have been at work.