Like Tree1Likes

i'm short, she disses short men in front of me

Discuss i'm short, she disses short men in front of me at the General Discussion within the The Attraction Forums. Dating Advice.; i'm short, she disses short men in front of me Tonight I met a girl ...

12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender:
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    i'm short, she disses short men in front of me

    Tonight I met a girl for a drink. A girl she knew walked in. She introduced me, I said hi, then she turned to her friend and asked how everything was going with her boyfriend. She says he's an asshole and starts to go off on a rant. I excuse myself to use the restroom, hoping that the girl I'm with will get the hint that I don't want to be a part of that conversation. I come back. They talk for another minute, and my girl's friend excuses herself to join the people she came with. Then my girl says to me, "I don't know what she likes about him. He's such a jerk, and not good looking either. He's really short." I'm 5"7", and I figure she has to know I'll feel dissed when she disses short men, but I'm not sure how to respond. Here are the options i can think of:

    1) Ignore it and act unfazed.... she'll know better.
    2) Ask what's wrong with short men.... AFC
    3) Bust her back.... "Good to know you don't like short men, cause I don't like girls who are...." I like this idea, but the problem is she's pretty hot so there's nothing majoir I can bust her back on.... b cups.... wavy hair.... the mole on her cheek.... it'd be like pinching her after she slapped my face.



  2. #2
    TheRogue's Avatar
    TheRogue is offline Moderator of The Attraction Forums
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender:
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,103
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Don't react. This was a diss against the bf, not against you. Most likely, she doesn't even realize you're short as she's saying it, and bringing it up would only alert her to that fact.

    Rogue

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender:
    Posts
    474
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    dont be stupid, she wasnt meaning anything about u. plus 5'7 is not that short, i know an 18 year old kid whos like 5'2, u should thank god ur not that short :P

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender:
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    as long as she's shorter than you..not a big problem.

    i ve approached a 6 feet blonde in a 4 set...although totally indirect.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender:
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,498
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    She's just pointing out the worst things about him... girls also complain about tall guys, guys with moustaches, sideburns, beards, baby faces, and any other flaws she can think of.

    The question is whether or not you would be defending him. I would've just said "so what are the good things?" If you fall in 5'7"-5'9" range you're doing ok. Most girls average 5'3"-5'7".

    Point is that she thinks the guy is a douchebag and likely has a Napoleon complex.

    And never, ever, ever pick on women you have an interest in when it comes to flaws unless they're a good sport about it. Then it's a matter of "do you want me to tell you what you want to hear or tell you the truth". Tell her what she wants to hear. Her mom will tell her the truth. Or her sister. Or her gay best friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by chopchoi View Post
    Tonight I met a girl for a drink. A girl she knew walked in. She introduced me, I said hi, then she turned to her friend and asked how everything was going with her boyfriend. She says he's an asshole and starts to go off on a rant. I excuse myself to use the restroom, hoping that the girl I'm with will get the hint that I don't want to be a part of that conversation. I come back. They talk for another minute, and my girl's friend excuses herself to join the people she came with. Then my girl says to me, "I don't know what she likes about him. He's such a jerk, and not good looking either. He's really short." I'm 5"7", and I figure she has to know I'll feel dissed when she disses short men, but I'm not sure how to respond. Here are the options i can think of:

    1) Ignore it and act unfazed.... she'll know better.
    2) Ask what's wrong with short men.... AFC
    3) Bust her back.... "Good to know you don't like short men, cause I don't like girls who are...." I like this idea, but the problem is she's pretty hot so there's nothing majoir I can bust her back on.... b cups.... wavy hair.... the mole on her cheek.... it'd be like pinching her after she slapped my face.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender:
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Don't react. This was a diss against the bf, not against you. Most likely, she doesn't even realize you're short as she's saying it, and bringing it up would only alert her to that fact.

    Rogue
    ^ what she said. Don't react to it. Would you ever make fun of a fat person while another fat person was standing right there? No, same thing goes for this-she probably doesn't even think of you as short.

    On a side note, getting fazed by the "short guy" comment and leaving to go to the bathroom to let her know you want her to quit having a conversation isn't very cool. Girls listen to their friends opinions, so you want to join that conversation and show what a cool guy you are so her friend can say "he seemed really cool". Don't fight stuff, just go with it.
    Everyones an expert--few are experienced.

    Best worst quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackustic View Post
    Immediately i started spittin negs at her, and repeated this routine for probably 5 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by HoNLeX View Post
    I don't know what you read in Magic Bullets, I don't really care. I also don't care what the best PUAs in the world say about this subject

  8. #8
    silverghost's Avatar
    silverghost is offline TAF Hall of Fame Lounge Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender:
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What Rogue said. Also dont be all that literal with women. They cant make associations between facts because if she complains about her bf being short to you it means in her eyes you are not short. Also dont forget that her bf IS SHORT. Meaning she already was with someone short. Its not nuclear fusion to know that she wont diss you for it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender:
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Don't make her aware of it. It was likely just a slip up and you don't want to lose a girl as hot as her.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender:
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by attractivelover View Post
    Don't make her aware of it. It was likely just a slip up and you don't want to lose a girl as hot as her.
    your name makes me want to punch a babies face

    I mean that in the nice way
    Everyones an expert--few are experienced.

    Best worst quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackustic View Post
    Immediately i started spittin negs at her, and repeated this routine for probably 5 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by HoNLeX View Post
    I don't know what you read in Magic Bullets, I don't really care. I also don't care what the best PUAs in the world say about this subject

Similar Threads

  1. neg about her being short?
    By mcvogt in forum Newbie Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 08:04 PM
  2. I'm short, she's short, but she wants taller.
    By Skullz in forum Newbie Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
  3. What to do when a HB tries to say you are short?
    By gameness in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 11:07 PM
  4. help for the short pua!!!
    By kadeus in forum Culture and Lifestyle
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 07:42 PM
  5. 3 Short FRs
    By Lucky13 in forum Field Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 06:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  • Forum Rules

Recommended


Daytime Dating



Magic Bullets



Beyond Words



Love Systems Routines Manual



The Ultimate Guide to Text and Phone Game



Interview Series



Love Systems Relationship Management



Love Systems Program Schedule





Facebook  Twitter