So I really hurt my friend's feelings

Discuss So I really hurt my friend's feelings at the General Discussion within the The Attraction Forums. Dating Advice.; So I really hurt my friend's feelings She called me girlfriend, and I got pissed. ...

12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender:
    Location
    Alexandria
    Age
    26
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    So I really hurt my friend's feelings

    She called me girlfriend, and I got pissed. I deleted her off my friends list, I rejected her friend request, she said lets talk I messaged her back and said how about no, then I killed her repeatidly in call of duty 4 and tea bagged her.

    Then she told me I was being a jerk, lol. Did I take it too far? Yes.

    She kept telling me I hurt her feelings, which I honestly did. I was thinking about buying her a point card for xbox, because what I did was pretty mean.

    Should I have just responded and said "hey boyfriend!" Maybe. But thats not what my brain was telling me.

    So what do you think? I told her sorry and I said I didn't want to lose her as a friend over xbox, because shes really cool to play with and I really enjoy talking to her. Think I should buy her a point card?

    Shes like an HB 8 I guess.



  2. #2
    MiLLo's Avatar
    MiLLo is offline Admillostrator of the Forums
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender:
    Location
    I know where you live...
    Posts
    925
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoverBoy47 View Post
    She called me girlfriend, and I got pissed. I deleted her off my friends list, I rejected her friend request, she said lets talk I messaged her back and said how about no, then I killed her repeatidly in call of duty 4 and tea bagged her.

    Then she told me I was being a jerk, lol. Did I take it too far? Yes.

    She kept telling me I hurt her feelings, which I honestly did. I was thinking about buying her a point card for xbox, because what I did was pretty mean.

    Should I have just responded and said "hey boyfriend!" Maybe. But thats not what my brain was telling me.

    So what do you think? I told her sorry and I said I didn't want to lose her as a friend over xbox, because shes really cool to play with and I really enjoy talking to her. Think I should buy her a point card?

    Shes like an HB 8 I guess.
    what's the status of your relationship with this girl? have you met her? have a relationship (doesn't have to be sexual) outside of Xbox/CoD?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender:
    Location
    Alexandria
    Age
    26
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    nope, just an xbox friend. although i might go visit her when i take a trip to cali.

  4. #4
    MiLLo's Avatar
    MiLLo is offline Admillostrator of the Forums
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender:
    Location
    I know where you live...
    Posts
    925
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoverBoy47 View Post
    nope, just an xbox friend. although i might go visit her when i take a trip to cali.
    Put yourself in her shoes.... Would you respect her if she bought you an Xbox points card? Would you appreciate it etc.?

    You've never met her - so is buying her something a good idea? I'm not totally familiar with CoD - have you cost her anything of value?

    I think that unless there is any other factors at play - you're best apologising, and attempt to move on.. I don't know whether the more experienced guys will agree, but maybe you should make out that you had extra stress factors at play - as you reacted badly to her playful tease (maybe even shittest)... It's gonna be hard for her to get back into that state with you - because she's going to associate that state with you throwing a hissy fit and acting like a 5 year old. (Not to be offensive - you handled it badly, very.)

    How would you want her to be to you had the situation been reversed?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender:
    Location
    Alexandria
    Age
    26
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by MiLLo View Post
    Put yourself in her shoes.... Would you respect her if she bought you an Xbox points card? Would you appreciate it etc.?

    You've never met her - so is buying her something a good idea? I'm not totally familiar with CoD - have you cost her anything of value?

    I think that unless there is any other factors at play - you're best apologising, and attempt to move on.. I don't know whether the more experienced guys will agree, but maybe you should make out that you had extra stress factors at play - as you reacted badly to her playful tease (maybe even shittest)... It's gonna be hard for her to get back into that state with you - because she's going to associate that state with you throwing a hissy fit and acting like a 5 year old. (Not to be offensive - you handled it badly, very.)

    How would you want her to be to you had the situation been reversed?

    nah bro, don't make assumptions and judgements. i did not act like a 5 year old, how would you feel if some chick was like "oh hey millo, youre going to be my new best friend." i think you get it, i wanted her to know right then and now, that I am not okay with LJBF. Get it out get out, and she got it.

    We talked and played games for 2 hours after that, and that happened in the first 5 minutes of the conversation.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender:
    Location
    Alexandria
    Age
    26
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    And about the point card, I'd expect her to spend it on shit she could play with us with. like the extra maps in cod4, uno, extra songs on rock band.

    she would appriciate it, but ill just sleep on it for now.

  7. #7
    Led
    Led is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Why did you get so pissed of about her calling you girlfriend? In my book that's only a step or two away from getting into her panties..the shields are down..
    Could have been a little shit test, but either way you sound like you over reacted big time.
    You certainly weren't being very alpha about it.
    No offence, not trying to offend. Just how I see it.
    "Crackheads have six-packs for a reason, and it's not cable crunches" - Vapor

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender:
    Location
    Alexandria
    Age
    26
    Posts
    135
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    Why did you get so pissed of about her calling you girlfriend? In my book that's only a step or two away from getting into her panties..the shields are down..
    Could have been a little shit test, but either way you sound like you over reacted big time.
    You certainly weren't being very alpha about it.
    No offence, not trying to offend. Just how I see it.
    I have been an extreamly stressed out individual as of late. I've gotten into 3 fights this week, and a 4th one is coming (trust me on that).

  9. #9
    Led
    Led is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Watch the stress man. I have a frown line now from being such an 'angry young man', although it does make me looked rugged.
    Are you working out? I find that really helps keep the stress down. Also being low in the B group vitamins makes it worse. One of the biggest detroyers of your body's B vitamins is caffeine. If you drink a lot of coffee you could think about vitamin B supplements.
    Just remember to breathe hey..
    "Crackheads have six-packs for a reason, and it's not cable crunches" - Vapor

  10. #10
    silverghost's Avatar
    silverghost is offline TAF Hall of Fame Lounge Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender:
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,234
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    As Chris Rock says, its not about the words but the contex in the word was said. Its like the dude that got fired from this show he called some gay dude a faggot. Well if he was acting like a faggot even if he was straight someone would call him a faggot.

    So the missing piece here is what drove the girl to call you a girlfriend? I dont think she woke up that day and said hey I should give that Xbox buddy of mine a girlfriend nickname.

    As for the reaction... Some random, I ve never met you up close, chick on Xbox calls you girlfriend and you are going off at her? I mean really?

    I ve had a girl call me gay and 2 hours later I was having her on all 4s. So?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  • Forum Rules

Recommended


Daytime Dating



Magic Bullets



Beyond Words



Love Systems Routines Manual



The Ultimate Guide to Text and Phone Game



Interview Series



Love Systems Relationship Management



Love Systems Program Schedule





Facebook  Twitter