- No alcohol.
- Vibe the venue. Open the crowd. Just talk to people.
- Ended up going out solo.
- Stopped at Riverrock. Had coffee. Got to know both bartenders. Turns out the HB is dating the dude and they're from the same place. Got to know him. We had a good, long talk. I invited them to meet a gf and I for drinks before I leave town tomarrow so he gave me his number.
- Downtown was busy for a Sunday. It felt intimidating being out solo. I havent done solo in Vancouver before. Usually Im with friends when Im in town. But I wasnt gonna let that stop me. If I wussed out, it'd be an Inner Game issue.
- I found out a good place to go. Joe's Lounge. Lots of hotties going, so I paid cover and went in.
What the hell. At the very least I could just chill out and get used to the vibe.
- I made a joke with the coatcheck girl but she was stressed. She lightened up after.
- I hung at the bar. Flirted with two girls. They left.
- Made small talk with anyone around. Didnt hook too well.
- Thought a chick was checking me out across the bar so I tried to make eye contact. Then I waved. Nothing.
- Bored with social proofing in my area, I went over to the graffitti wall. I flirted with one slender 6 that came over to graffitti. She left.
- I opened a mixed 3set on the dance floor. They were interesting so I wanted to dance with them. The music was loud so they didnt hear everything I said. I didnt want to repeat myself so I changed topic. Target wouldnt give me her hand so I got her girlfriend's hand instead n spun her. I remember asking how they all knew eachother. Target n dude were dating. So I danced with the friend, a decent figured 6. She wasnt attractive to me
But I still tried to have fun anyway. She wanted the dude to show some more
Dance moves. He didnt so I shared some funny ones to make her laugh.
I was dissappointed to discover she'd never seen Hitch or Superstar. Oh well. I remember they wanted to know where I was from. So I made em play a Guessing Game.
You win, Ill buy you a shot.
I say same thing to 6. I add a tease:
You lose you gotta buy me.. Hmm.. Three shots
Her: no way! (arm punch).
Anyway, some girl stole 6 away at random for a dance. I moved immediately back to the graffitti wall.
- Was opened by another 6. She had an orbiter that turned out to be her bf so I didnt escalate. Her flirting was just her being friendly. Eventually she leaves with him.
- A cute asian girl smiled at me as I passed her so I chatted her up. She had a bf too it turned out.
- Two girls came to the same table as me. One looked wobbly.
Me: You look really smashed up.
Both girls leave.
By now Im so bored with all these time-wasters and 6s. These girls really did have boyfriends.
I felt too wussy to open the really hot girls or be direct with them. So I've made a note to get Remedy to push me to open those girls specifically. And to call em sexy.
Outside I saw one super hotty and I forced myself to tell her I thought she was sexy as fuck. Im not used to calling girls sexy so it feels weird and I know it comes across as incongruent. So I need to just do that. Call girls sexy.
I did meet my goal of talking to people sober. And I almost didnt go into Joe's either so I feel good about that.