Working out + going out
Discuss Working out + going out at the Culture and Lifestyle within the The Attraction Forums. Dating Advice.; Alcohol is a mild poison, and I can't imagine binge drinking being good for muscle ...
Results 11 to 14 of 14
- 04-11-2012, 11:02 AM #11
Alcohol is a mild poison, and I can't imagine binge drinking being good for muscle growth. In moderation it's fine though... 2 or 3 to be social, you know?
- 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM #12
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Cutting weight while drinking heavy is possible but difficult. Gaining lean mass would be almost impossible, if you already passed the newbie stage. Something to try is cut down on alcohol until you reach your goal, because it's so much easy to maintain muscle compared to gaining.
- 04-26-2012, 04:19 PM #13
Alcohol itself is an energy source so your body will burn this before anything else including carbs fat etc so this is one reason people out weight on not directly from the alcohol in most cases.
If you really must drink look at doing a keto diet and stick to zero carb alcohol
- 04-26-2012, 08:03 PM #14
The degree of negative impact alcohol has on hypertrophy is debatable, but I think anyone with any sense about them would agree that it's bad. Here's a few reasons why:
1. Alcohol raises estrogen levels.
2. Alcohol depletes your body of sugar, forcing your body to consume muscle tissue to replace it.
3. Alcohol depletes your body of countless vitamins and minerals, including Zn and Mg, which are the building blocks of numerous androgens.
5. Bad sleep does not result in solid recovery muscles (as compared to proper sleep).
- By asw543 in forum RelationshipsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
- By FNB in forum General DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
- By cognito82 in forum General DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 07-01-2007, 01:23 AM
- By wanderer in forum Culture and LifestyleReplies: 33Last Post: 10-03-2006, 10:37 PM
- By Sebastian Valmont in forum General DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 08-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Visitors found this page by searching for:
Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!SEO Blog