PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Method and the English

The King of Hearts
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey guys. I’ve read a couple of posts on some english forums claiming the Mystery Method “does not work” on English girls. I have to say that although I see where people are coming from, I think these criticisms are misguided.
In the attraction stage of the Mystery you are meant flip attraction switches.

Both the MM and Magic Bullets explain that because we doing cold approaches, we have to assume that their attraction switches are the same as most girls'. What the MM perhaps doesn’t emphasise enough (although it is clear of you read between the lines of what I just said) is that these attraction switches will vary from girl to girl - or at least the level of importance than a given girl will place on one switch varies - depending on culture, personality, upbringing etc.

So, a regular PUA will have read the Mystery Method, assume that most girls like outgoing guys and then go out to perform his pre prepared material at one energy level. The more intuitive PUA will start off that way and adapt in set as he gets more information and tailor his DHVs. It is easy to forget that this is a two way process!

One of the adaptations to make is the English/ American issue. One of my current MLTRs is a New Yorker and I spend a lot of time with her and her other American friends (See my field report titled Love stories - the American F-close coming soon!). I have also approached roughly 10 American sets in the last 4 months. I know it is a cliché but for them the louder and more showy offy the better. They were particularly responsive to some of my attention seeking group routines. I always tell this story and it has worked 100% of the time…

Koh: You’re American?! I love the states. You guys LOVE my British accent there! I must admit when Im over there I do embelish my British accent a bit though, I go all Hugh Grant! (I then do a "hugh Grant" accent - basically talk like a toff") "err hello darling, terribly sorry" etc etc
girls: raptuous laughter

KoH: there was this one time I was in gap. I went to a shop assistant and in my Hugh Grant accent said "erm exuse me darling, sorry, how much is that sweater?" The American shop assitnant said (and at this point I do a whiney janice from friends accent) "listen honey.. I don’t what you just said but just keep on talkin!)
girls: raptuous laughter

This hooks american sets in particular. Then I transition.

As English we place great emphasise on humour compares to other countries. Phrases like “he’s a good laugh”, “he was on good form”, appear more in out culture than in others and always denote a sense of humour. Our humour however is understated and sarcastic. If on seeing a 25 stone woman waddle along the street I comment “she’s a big girl isn’t she!” such an understated quip is likely to hook and English girl more than an American. If I shouted “Holy shit! she’s a whale!! a lot of English would find that too much.

My advice - when approaching English sets -unless they are wasted and very high energy, tone down the your high energy and show value by understated humour (amongst other things of course). I know this is gross generalisation but I still think it is a point worth making.

Other cultural/age specific adaptations to your DHVs that may helpful (again a gross generalisation so make sure you tailor it to the girl) - Southern European girls are more hooked by DHVs that show that I am close to my family and I protect women, older women require much more time in qualification and comfort. Persistence is a huge DHV for them because they have seen so many fools-mate try-ons, with younger girls find their dream and help them to realise it they havnt seen it all before. My best advice is that all girls are different, these are just guidelines but your aim should be to get to know who you are talking to ASAP.

Love,

kingdom
04-16-2008, 02:47 PM
ha ha i thought the game didnt work on irish girls ether but was i wrong:p

Modelizer
04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
ha ha i thought the game didnt work on irish girls ether but was i wrong:pIt does work on irish girls,but it just takes a helluva lot more effort than american girls.I find irish girls shit test a lot,but its possible to pass these tests with enough persistence.

Guitario
06-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Everything works on everyone but not everything works on everyone all the time.

Everyone likes food, but not everyone will like the same food.. that said, if you're starving then even a shit sandwich will taste nice.