PDA

View Full Version : My time at the mall

berkp
12-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Man, is it just me or is this section really dead?

Today I went to the mall to try out some daygame. I didn't have a lot of time to work with, but figured I'd approach a few sets and see what are my sticking points.

After walking around the mall for half an hour, talking on my phone part of the time and just walking part of the time, I figured I'd open one 1-set in Subway. She was hot, alone and eating a sub. Easy pickings? Hah. Their bitch-shield is up super-high when they're alone.

I DLV'ed myself by walking by twice in the hallway, once on the phone and once not. So I went inside and stood at the counter for a bit, thinking whether to approach or not. DLV++

Then, with no sandwich, I went up to her and asked "Is this seat taken," referring to the seat opposite hers.

I opened with "Oh my god, I just saw the craziest thing outside. I was looking down to the 1st level and there were a bunch of children fighting over the next turn on the NASA Rocket in the play area."

"Hmm ok" or something a bit longer, not a very enthusiastic reaction.

Me: "OK, so I have a question to ask you. My friend has been seeing this girl, and he asked her what she wants for Christmas. She said she wanted something to keep her warm because its winter and all, and he wants to get her a cashmere sweater. Now, they've only known each other for a month or so and I don't think he should get her such an expensive gift. What do you think?"

In my mind, I had this switched around to where I was advocating the expensive gift. But the opposite came out of my mouth. Shit. This is what happens when you don't practice your routines, kids.

She said "Well it depends on what they think of their relationship" a generic, safe answer.

I asked her for her name, she said Sarah, I said "I'm Berkp, nice to meet you" and extended my hand, but she was eating a sub right, so her hands were dirty. I fluffed a little, no good.

Bailed.

Agent J
12-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey man, good job on getting out there. You should definitely just go strait up and approach instead of walking around lol. While you're walking from the parking lot into the mall, say hi to everyone you see. This will get you in a social mood. How old are you? Like I said in the other thread, eye contact works well for me but it might just be because I'm a teenager and girls my age aren't reserved like older girls.

But definitely keep going out there and practicing. :)

~J

Milk
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
im trying so hard at transitioning and making it seem and feel as natural as i possibly can, and you just spit in my face with this;).
cool that you did it ofcourse. but its weird to randomly discuss things of the bat like this. ask a question she can expect in the context than transition than go on to youre opener like this. will work better i guess, but i only open moving sets, perhaps you can do it like this while she is seated becaus she cant go away, so she has to awnser and you have to time to build that personal vibe through just persistence.. i would suggest transitioning though..

icefyre
12-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Good job on getting out there and doing day game... it's by far the hardest for me.

I recommend more of direct openers during the day. Don't let the woman think "why the hell is this weird guy talking to me".

Smooth32
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
One thing you'll want to do the next time you approach a sitting target is throw in at least one False Time Constraint. For example...

"Hey there, I only have a second, but I have a question for you. I have this friend..."

Whenever you approach a seated target, the first thing running through their mind is most likely, "When is this guy going to leave?" An FTC will make her much more comfortable.