PDA

View Full Version : Sarging the Mall

TrueReligioN
03-05-2006, 03:58 PM
So I made my first attempt at Sarging the Mall today, since I have been introduced to this wonderful society and information. I hope this doesn't come across as a FR because I am not trying to make it one. However, I would like some general feedback.
The Mall was pretty dead. There wasn't alot of woman walking around that I thought were worth my time. So I decided to be super daring and try to sarge the hired guns at the all woman's apparel stores(they were by far the cutest ones). Tried my reality TV opener at the first place with a 2 set both HB8 and the first thing out of one of the girls mouth is this is a woman apparel store, what are you doing in here. I was so not prepaired for that. I totally choked up and pulled the rip cord and walked off feeling like a dumb ass. After pondering what happen I was hoping something very similar would happen on attempt 2 which was another 2 set(HB8 and a 7) by the register. The second time the girl(HB8) was like yeah I would totally do reality TV but why are you in a all woman's store? With no hesitation I asked her why she worked there. There was about 5 seconds of uncomfortable silence. The one girl(the 7) walked away it was so awkward. She was like umm this is my job. So I went on with well there is alot of jobs out there. Why this one? She was totally on the ropes haha. I am so new I had no idea where to take it from there so I just excused myself. It was a pretty funny situation. How should I have followed that up or did I go about it all wrong?
I am curious on some feedback from actual experience in sarging the hired guns at the mall. Especially since it seems the cutest ones work in woman's departments. The MAC girls were off the hook at Nordstroms but I dont know how to go about picking one of them up being that they are there to sell make up.

Satyre
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM
perhaps you made an awkward approach, did you smile when walking up? also, were you at the mall with yourself?> it might come off weird if you just sprung this question randomly, you should go with a friend and act as if you had been discussing the topic the whole time. If you did these and they still snubbed you, i'd just walk away, don't bother lowering you value or confidence just because they don't know how to be social.

Remy LeBeau
03-05-2006, 04:38 PM
sounds like a lack of comfort on your part resulted in even more of a lack of comfort for them.
If i was asked the same question..
" Why are you in here? "
" because all the clothes looked so good from outside.. but now that im inside im afraid nothings going to fit. i feel so fat lately. "
also make sure if it's an uncomfortable situation, you open with "i need a female perspective on something... blah blah blah "...
also, did you use a time constraint?
did you neg the target while focusing on the friend?
if the answer is no to either of these you need to go to the classic writing forum and re-read styles posts about opening... what was lacking from his game and how he fixed it.
most importantly, dont let any of this get to you, nothing is a big deal, they probably both have yeast infections and i dont know about you, but I dont need yeast on my dick...
=)

TrueReligioN
03-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I used time constraints. The first one I had no chance to neg haha The second I figured the why do you work here worked as a neg. however I like your response about being fat. That would have been a classic. This doesn't discourage me at all. I am addicted to sarging now and pretty much will go up and open any all femakle set no matter the situation. Just working no the confidence to do mixed sets.

Scooby
03-05-2006, 05:29 PM
There wasn't alot of woman walking around that I thought were worth my time.
You said this was your first time at sarging at the mall. My advice would be not to be too picky when trying out for the first couple of times. You need to get your delivery down, so any practice is good.

Tried my reality TV opener at the first place with a 2 set both HB8 and the first thing out of one of the girls mouth is this is a woman apparel store, what are you doing in here. I was so not prepaired for that. I totally choked up and pulled the rip cord and walked off feeling like a dumb ass.
You need to do a bit of preparation so that you have an answer for this. A lot of the time you can just ignore questions from girls, but if you're in a girls clothing store, you're going to come off creepy if you dont have a reason to be there. How bout you are looking for a present for a close female friend, cousin, whatever - easy as that.

I am so new I had no idea where to take it from there so I just excused myself. It was a pretty funny situation. How should I have followed that up or did I go about it all wrong?
"Hey, while we're talking, can i get your opinion on something?" Away you go.