PDA

View Full Version : How to say goodbye

thetrick
09-05-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm having trouble closing with a good impression. I feel very AFC saying, nice to see ya or nice talkin with ya. I want to say something C&F or something that qualifies them without saying it in a bland way. Any ideas?

AustinDiamond
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I always say, "Adios!"

In a cool way. Enthusiastic, With body language and all that other stuff, etc.

Not really what you were asking for, but this is how I say goodbye.

thetrick
09-05-2007, 08:36 PM
It's perfect. Respect on the U2.

rocko_rocko
09-10-2007, 04:54 AM
'dont do anything silly'

AwesomeGuy75
09-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Well if it's a goodnight I always say, "Be cozy in your covers!"

AwesomeGuy75
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Haha, and I just thought of a good CF one, although I have never field tested it...

"Don't stay up too late masturbating! Au revoir!"

thetrick
09-10-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure about the references to sexual things. It kinda feels like I might be thinking about something she's not ready for me to think about it.

AwesomeGuy75
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Lol, well only say something if it is congruent with your personality, I believe this statement is congruent with mine, as I have a dirty mind and make a lot of dirty jokes... ;-)

Fader
09-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I say ok stay out of trouble dork.

Mick
09-11-2007, 05:48 AM
I usually find a way to accuse her of being a player in the conversation... how every guy she's talks to she hits on them... then on exiting i'll throw in... It was a pleasure meeting u. Be good now ok? tata

NumbaOneDesi
09-12-2007, 12:14 AM
"later"

Sweet venoM
09-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Lol

johkel09
09-12-2007, 04:14 PM
"I know it's hard to slit ways -- but do try hard not to follow me again"
(The again would work if you've already pushed her away)

u spurred me to try and think of something -- and tell me if this has potential..

TrueStory
09-12-2007, 04:19 PM
ME: See ya later
HER: see ya later..
ME: IS that a threat?? :eek::rolleyes:
HER: hahah

also,

HER: good bye
ME: You're kidding me?? come here. give me a hug. here ya go.
HER: hehehe
ME: see ya later kid

flaco
09-13-2007, 08:37 PM
that last one is very good, I love it, lol

thetrick
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM

also,

I love it!

AwesomeGuy75
09-14-2007, 11:10 AM
I personally like the "stay out of trouble" one.

thetrick
09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I say ok stay out of trouble dork.

This is a weird story, but I was thinking all about closing last night before I drifted off to sleep. I was wondering, could I ever possibly tell a girl she's a dork? I've been beta most of my life, so it feels wrong with who I have been. Anyway, I had a dream that I used this line. I was in a room, surrounded by people, and I just said the line. She looked at me with a quizzical and happy look. I don't remember anything else, but I think I could actually say the line now and field test it.:p

i heart everyone - nick

TrueStory
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM
I was wondering, could I ever possibly tell a girl she's a dork? I've been beta most of my life, so it feels wrong with who I have been.

:confused:

You can't be serious right?

I've noticed two complete opposite extremes:

ONE:
guys are scared to call girl out or say anything ballsy (usually happens among AFCs)
TWO:
guys take concept of negs to such length that it turns into machine gun fire of ridiculous insults.

Don't be either.

thetrick
09-14-2007, 01:03 PM
:confused:
ONE:
guys are scared to call girl out or say anything ballsy (usually happens among AFCs)
TWO:
guys take concept of negs to such length that it turns into machine gun fire of ridiculous insults.

So it's really about being playful, right? Like teasing someone who is just standing there, whether you cared about them or not, you're just trying to find something to goof around with them about. I'm gonna read some longer posts on negs. They seem very dynamic and open ended.

AshleyL
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
"Be Good" is kinda cool.

AshleyL
09-14-2007, 01:39 PM

also,

I actually like both of these a lot:)

Thought you might want female input.

I think that body language can have a HUGE play in just say "good bye".

"Good bye" with a really great hug and the right body language/eye contact can be very sexy and might cause her to want you even more.

DeadEyeDick
09-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I say any of the following:

"Take it easy."

"Smell ya later."

"God bless."

"Best o' luck to ya."

"You have yourself a fabulous day/evening."

"Give me a squeeze" (and then hug)

"Write when you get work." (runner up)

"Ourfeetarethesame" (my favorite, a homonym for auf Wiedersehen)

TrueStory
09-14-2007, 01:44 PM
So it's really about being playful, right? Like teasing someone who is just standing there, whether you cared about them or not, you're just trying to find something to goof around with them about. I'm gonna read some longer posts on negs. They seem very dynamic and open ended.

My general rules are:

Don't give compliment unless deserved
Don't give neg unless deserved
Always be playful

Here is a difference: When i come home and see that my roommate (female) drunk all my fucking beer, I say "Jen, you're such a slut, drunk all my beer! You owe me one" < That's playful. Her response is usually "Oh, fuckyou, ate all my cake last sunday" and it's done in laughing manner.

compared to: When I see girl giving me shit test after shit test and calling me names, I'll say something along the lines: "holly shit, where do you buy your makeup!? Walmart?" < that's a neg. She deserved it for being a bitch

and finally: When I am talking to a girl and she is giving me positive body language and warm smile (def. IOIs/SOIs) I'll reward her with "I really like your shirt/ring/necklace/whatever, where did you get it?" < That's a compliment given for a good behavior

Another example of playful: in attraction (A3 usually) when i stop qualifying her for a second, and i can sense she feels awkward by "uncomfortable silence", I'd tell her "You're such a dork!" She'd say "why?!" ...me: "well because, you're so awkward look at you!" and gently/playfully poke her in her belly with my finger (like a teddy bear)

She giggles.

The General
09-20-2007, 12:48 PM
"holly shit, where do you buy your makeup!? Walmart?"

Said in this way, this is actually an insult. Insults, as many very helpful posts point out, are not negs.

"Hey, I like the color of your lipstick, my little cousin wanted some for Christmas, tell me what shade and brand it? I'm gonna pick some up when I hit Walmart."

-> You are complimenting her lipstick, but indirectly implying she bought it at Walmart, thus it is cheap and not of quality.

As for goodbyes.

-Adios
-Peace out Cubscout
-Gotta run!
-You are just too much, I need to leave before my brain starts hurting!

TrueStory
09-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Said in this way, this is actually an insult. Insults, as many very helpful posts point out, are not negs.

Of course, on the paper it does.

Then again: Delivery, Delivery and one more time Delivery!

But really, i've been using often enough, where i could calibrate my delivery... it's playful, because, i have playful tone of voice and body language. Hard to show on thread.

But yes, said in serious way, it IS an insult.