PDA

View Full Version : AMOG in class! Help!

CoolSta
09-08-2006, 06:05 PM
So today was the second day at the university. The first day, I sat next to this hb9 and did the whole eye contact/smile thing. Not much talking. My goal for today was to go in there and introduce myself and do some small talk so we are familiar with each other.
But when I went to class, this other guy decided that he would mess the seats up. He sat in my spot so I had to take a seat on hb9's other side. So it was basically two guys and her in the middle.
I did not get a chance to bond with her much because the AMOG babbled his mouth every chance he got. He made her laugh, got a good conversation going while I just sat there like a dork.
I did however manage to get a comment in here and there. I made some general observations, teased her about all of the text messages she got while in class, etc. In the end, we did introduce each other. I found out she was 21 years old and likes to dance. (I'm 20)
I feel like crap after today mainly because I went in hoping to vibe with this hb9. But the AMOG totally screwed everything up. He seemed te be a natural talker - made her laugh, etc. And because of my lack of skills, I wasn't able to pull it through and be more aggressive then him at conversing.
I think I should just go to class on Monday prepared to be as friendly as hell and just talk to her as much as I can. Basically be a lot more aggressive and hope the AMOG takes a hike. I at least want to gain her friendship because I'm sure she has many other hot girl friends.
Has this ever happened to you guys before? And what should I do about the AMOG if not just ignore him completely?

Crooked
09-08-2006, 07:41 PM
befriend him and dont worry about the girl

hunterxeno
09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Hmmm yea similar problem too, what i did though, was to pull the AMOG to a side, do the buddy buddy thing to him, and establish myself as a more AMOG than him (like, ill be the first to put my arms around him when i talk, and make it clear that im the leader here and hes just a joker hanging around me)
worst part comes when i get successfuly "NEGGED" by the AMOG, i just couldnt escape his negs . first i looked at the others and said "whats his problem...eh ?" usualy replied with some laughter, but after a while it gets kinda old. any1 has other suggestions ?

AbsentFriend
09-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Just make friends with the naturals. They're like a doorway to a lot of hot girls.

CoolSta
09-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Good idea to make friends with the guy. About the girl - ignore her and let her come to me naturally? How about getting her # in class for studying?

Crooked
09-10-2006, 02:51 PM
fuck getting her # for studying. think of how many times that has been used. she knows you're not interested in studying with her.
if you do #close be direct, tell her you think you could let her hang out with you sometime. (c/f)

pablo
09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
To be honest I'm a new guy in the community, but if I were U I wouldn't suggest getting her # for studying cause it's gonna be too obvious that U want to befriend her or whaterver...she'll probably lose interest very quickly unless she finds U useful in the future. // sorry for my english...I'm polish :)

Legato
09-10-2006, 03:14 PM
yep, befriend the amog! and i wouldn't go for a #-close. make an instant day2 after school

CoolSta
09-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Today in class I introduced myself to the guy. He actually seems pretty cool. As far as the girl, I think I'm just about to move on. It's already too late since her first impressions of me during the first two days of class didn't go so well. I won't be stressing out about trying to "PU." I'll definitely be friendly to both of them and focus my attentions in that class to befriend the guy.

Iceman
09-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Sounds like you're getting it.
But whatever you do...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not get her number or arrange to meet her under the pretense of "studying", or "working on an assignment" or whatever, because IT IS WHAT EVERY OTHER AFC CHUMP DOES.
If you do end up getting more progress with her, one day after school, tell her "hey, after school I want to show you someplace cool", and take her to a playground, and play on the equipment. :)
Or...(credit to Rain) take the girl to the library. She'll probably feel pretty confused at first, like "why are we here?".. But then, challenge her to find a book with a more bizarre, outrageous or funny topic than you can.