PDA

View Full Version : "I'll call you back in __"

Renege
09-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Is it a good idea to agree to this, or is this a shit test?

Mayhem
09-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Theres a few things. I used to get this problem, but it is no longer an issue.
I'm assuming its some girl you've known for a month or so, probably friends from school, and you game her during class. Could be wrong, but what she does is she says shell call you back, but never calls. This isn't something you can really solve with logistics.
It's flakey behavior - and you aren't going to deal with it. Here is when I like to freeze-out. You will IGNORE her. If she reinitiates and asks why you haven't called, tell her, "can you understand how not calling when you say you are going to call fucks up trust in a relationship / friendship?".
The big thing here, isn't how you are going to get her on the phone, it's that she isn't into you - otherwise she wouldn't be playing that stupid game. Usually it happens prior to LJBF.
I got this a lot last year. This applies mostly to my social circle game, so give me some more details so I can analyze further. But it's probably something you did that made her lose a LOT of interest in you.
If she legitimately will call you back in X minutes, then no worries. I used to say, "no, I'll call you back". I still got the same problems even when I called back. So there is no line to overcome it, you just have to fix something you are doing so she doesn't do it.

Renege
09-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Ah, thanks for the great advice sir. Should I act calm, cool, and lay back about the whole thing, or should I indicate a little bit of frustration for not following my rules?
Actually what happened tonight was a bit of a piss off, but I'm pretty sure I sabotaged the whole thing myself right from the start. I met this girl in my helpless AFC days and since then we have become, "friends". At the time that I met her, I had no game. No physical contact or anything because my programming was so fucked up I didn't know what was acceptable. Every time she made drama I bought into her bullshit, and got upset a little and it reflected in my tone of voice (bit of anger). Tonight she was coming over to watch the movie Silent Hill (I have a little scary movie routine I'm working on), but at the last minute the flakey little brat decided she was going to invite her best friend along for the ride. I put a stop to that (I know this doesn't seem logical, but her best friend is an annoying, drunken, slutty, ugly, stupid lesbian cunt), told her it was disrespectful and I will not tolerate second class behavior, and offered to postpone this until tomorrow. She said she had plans, so I said, "Well, perhaps we can do this another time then. Why don't you call me or maybe I'll call you some time." She had no objections, but seemed a little shaken up, so we said our good-bye's, I ended the call first, and here I am.
I do realize I could have asked for just her to come over, but the fact that she is trying to pull that shit pissed me off enough to tell her to fuck off indirectly.
More help would be nice if you don't mind. Sounds like I need it, hah.
edit: Oh yeah, I have no problems with her not returning my calls. She's my whipped little biatch. Other than the fact that I can't get her into bed.

XCL
09-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Mayhem can you explain a little more fully on fixing something we have to do? Do you notice common errors or things that you did that lead up to the flaking or the lack of the call back. I'm very intrigued.

Crooked
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
definately shorten the phone calls and only use the phone for a purpose. if they say "hey i need to call you back", you've been on the phone too long and accomplished bringing her interest down in you (basically saying, "I have something better to do let me call you back if i remember when i have spare time)

Mayhem
09-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Mayhem can you explain a little more fully on fixing something we have to do? Do you notice common errors or things that you did that lead up to the flaking or the lack of the call back. I'm very intrigued.
Well, heres how I like to look at it.
Instead of dealing with the flaking when it comes up (which is a pretty ineffective way of dealing with it), you prevent it from happening. This mostly applies to cold approaches, but the some principles still apply to social circle game.
Step 1: Have a solid Time Bridge
Don't do the whole, "lets hangout sometime".
It's going to be so much easier to get the plans in person than on the phone. Mystery talks about this. Trust me, he is right. Don't go for the number. Most recently, I just mention the TB before I even solidify it. "Oh yeah, I'm going surfing sunday". Then I'll say she is coming. IMO, it isn't necessary to have something already planned you and invite her along. You can technically hang out just for the sake of hanging out, but plan it. This day, this time, meeting you here, etc etc. Don't even ASK for the number. It's useless, most of the times they will offer it (and if they do, that's a pretty good indicator that it's solid). I used to ask for numbers, and it was useless. The reason guys feel like a number locks in is because you are basically giving her a big IOI by asking for it. This is why I really like to SOI hard in A3 / C1. It's the concept of the close. Same with the kiss close, a lot of guys (I include myself in this, at least I used to) think once they get the kiss it's locked up and you've got the girl.
Not true, as Mystery so eloquently puts it, the only real close is sex.
Step 2: Playing solid game
Pretty simple, play good game. Attraction, Qualify, Rapport. No point in going for the TB unless you have to leave or she has to leave. Now, you can get a TB and just continue sarging, but what I mean is don't go for the TB and just leave. Social circle game, well thats easy, you'll probably see them again, so don't think you have to get the number if you didn't game them enough. You will see them again, and continue with wherever you left off.
Step 3: Calling / Texting immediately
When she offers her number, call her up, and chat with her INFRONT of you. "Hey whatsup! it's Brian, guess what? I just met this really cute girl. She can cook, her favorite color is blue, shes german, she loves magic, and is an operah singer" This isn't to prevent fake numbers, it lets her have your number, and its also a very playful thing to do. Once you leave, text her that night. "Hey, it was cool hanging out with you today, cya Sunday"
Anyways, I have to jet, maybe I'll add more to this later.
Best,
--Mayhem

echos
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Renege. I hate it when a girl I am trying to close brings her friend or family or whatever to our meetings. I was sarging this girl who would ALWAYS meet with her best friend whenever we go out (so I have to buy stuff and pay cabs for BOTH of them). This happened ALL the time. Sometimes even her sisters would come out with us and good ol me would have to oay cabs, food, drinks, all. To allow this to happen is to be a super tool. I am glad you didn't take this kind of behavoiour from that girl. Never let it happen, she will lose total respect for you just like it happened to me.
I say next this girl unless she calls you and wants to meet and that day you bang her right there.
good luck.

Renege
09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Renege. I hate it when a girl I am trying to close brings her friend or family or whatever to our meetings. I was sarging this girl who would ALWAYS meet with her best friend whenever we go out (so I have to buy stuff and pay cabs for BOTH of them). This happened ALL the time. Sometimes even her sisters would come out with us and good ol me would have to oay cabs, food, drinks, all. To allow this to happen is to be a super tool. I am glad you didn't take this kind of behavoiour from that girl. Never let it happen, she will lose total respect for you just like it happened to me.
I say next this girl unless she calls you and wants to meet and that day you bang her right there.
good luck.
Ouch, it's amazing what these girls think they can get away with, without putting out. Thanks for the insight. Respect.
@Mayhem, do you think you could use the phone number as an IOI test on her? For example, ask her for her phone number then say... you know what, this is a pretty public place, and I'd hate to see your number get in the hands of the wrong person. Why don't you whisper it to me? When she comes in close, put your arm around her back and press her body against yours.
I suppose it would depend on how well / easily you got through attraction with her though. Just an idea.