PDA

View Full Version : new school, new class, new people

Draconian
09-04-2006, 12:53 AM
any suggestions for the first few days in a new school?
i dont know anyone there so im pretty nervous
need any advice u guys got (:

Dragon
09-04-2006, 05:53 AM
DUDE! Highfive*
I'm going right into the same situation tommrow actually :eek:. :rolleyes: O well. My general gameplan is just have fun, not take myself too seriously, talk to everyone getting to know them and start being the "social hub" meaning knowing everything and anything happening in the city I'm in. Also think of it like a performance, "Expect performance, Don't Expect Success". Strongly suggest going to the weightroom to make pals too, piece of advice my uni pals gave me being alot of alpha dudes go there.
And for me man I'm going peacock, not in the OMG LOOK A PIRATE HAT! (done that btw :P) but a subtle one since I like my club-casual gear mix and everyone in my school is either ghetto or punk. Know your enviroment the best you can.
Also I'm not sure about your coarses but when I was choosing mine I was thinknig I gotta get something I like and meet decently cool people, guitar is my 1st class not surprisly.
But ya man, I don't mind helping you what so ever since I'm in the same boat . Lets rock the school!

Mayhem
09-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Interesting, similar names.
Heres the cool thing about school (both HS and college, i'm assuming you are in HS though).
But mostly everyone is VERY socially-open the first week (first day especially). Here is what I did my first day.
Most teachers (not all) will have some sort of ice-breaker type thing and either have you introduce yourself, meet someone else in class, or meet a group of people. Whatever it is, just be really positive and social. Get to class a bit early, talk to whoever sits next to you. Personally, I don't like to be the 'has the answer to every question' person in class. I might answer a teachers question a few times the WHOLE semester.
How do you open the person next to you? "Hey, whatsup". How are you, what did you do this summer, crazyiest thing, etc. Oh cool, I did XYZ, and ABC.
Then for lunch, get into the lunch line, or ANY line (good bet is the line to see counselors - even if you dont need to see them!) and chat the person infront of you, behind you. Use some social savvy, and place yourself next to a hott girl, or cool looking guy.
I don't have the problem of not knowing anybody, so I don't know what to do for other situations. You can actually open groups if you want. "Hey...whatsup" "You guys look cool, I wanted to come meet you"
Hope this helps,
--Mayhem

Draconian
09-04-2006, 10:54 AM
DUDE! Highfive*
And for me man I'm going peacock, not in the OMG LOOK A PIRATE HAT! (done that btw :P) but a subtle one since I like my club-casual gear mix and everyone in my school is either ghetto or punk. Know your enviroment the best you can.
But ya man, I don't mind helping you what so ever since I'm in the same boat . Lets rock the school!
i will try to peacock a little too
in israel almost every guy looks exactly the same
so i wanna look special:)
tnx for the suggestions
and good luck tomorrow!
Mayhem - we dont get lunch in israel (i know its stupid :P)
but the other things really helped me
tnx
i'm pretty positive about tomorrow now
everyone in class will be new
so im gonna take over!

Slack
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Damn, that was a great point up there. but try to be cool and friendly, ask people where 'class- X' is. they will drawn in and convo will spark.

GeNeRaL
09-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Yea man, I start school tomorrow too...and Im a Senior...All Im gonna do is Talk and talk and talk...to EVERYONE...good luck everyone...hehe

DietCoke
09-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I am really happy I found a thread like this since I cant start my own. I just transferred from an all boys school ( I am a junior) to a coed highschool. Man I died and went to heaven when I went in today and seen all that tail ripe for the picking. Anyways today was great saw alot of old friends fortunately my one friend decided to tell everyone my exploits since Ive went to an all boys school up until now , so my old friends pretty much know what I am like and I guess that it wouldn't be to bold to say that I am pretty popular in my social cirlce, which is a good thing cause my friends are almost behaving like wings and listing my accomplishments when they introduce me to people. So anyways not to get to carried away I wanted to pick someones brain about something that happened today. Alright so I am in homeroom in assigned seating ( Front of the class isn't that just wonderful) and Im looking out the door while the teacher is giving all of us some lame pep talk. Anyways out of the corner of my eye I see an attractive girl basically staring at me, so anyways this went on for like 2 minutes and I finally turned and looked her in the eyes, for like ten seconds she stared at me right in the eye. Anyways I was a little confused on whether this would be a IOI not to mention she smiled when I turned around and looked her in the eyes. So I took it as an IOI and am hoping that she just wasn't staring cause of whatever reason. On the way out I looked in the glass and saw nothing worng so eh. maybe she was so repulsed by my looks that she decided to stare lol. anyways Im hoping not, any feedback on what you think that was guys?
John