PDA

View Full Version : Height Issue

JBeds
08-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Ok, I am a 20 year old and am actually the eldest in my cirlce of friends. However, I am 5 foot something and subsequently look about 16 years old due to my height (haha, you have to laugh). Anyway, it is well known that 99% of women will only go for taller guys and older-looking guys. This isn't always the case but I do believe taller, older looking PUAs have a slighlty greater advantage in the field. Not that I am complaining about being short, I am slowly working my game and am making progress, but it is more trickier when the set feels they are being approached by a bumbling teen. My openers are alright and they have been paying off, but what I would like to know is this: are there any tactics or routines for the shorter guy? Surely some of you out there are on my level (physically and metaphorically), and surely someone out there has devised an approach designed to cater for the shorter man. Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I believe there is a market here and I think we can come up with an approach designed for people like you and me who weren't blessed with alpha height.
I'd love to hear back from anyone and everyone with their thoughts on this issue, and would especially love to hear some field reports involving taller women.
Cheers, JBeds.

Mister E
08-20-2006, 07:41 PM
LOL, I just read something about a short guy on another forum.
Here is the original question by an AFC named Talc:
Howdy fellas,
1) I'm a 5'5" or 5'6" Asian-American male. I used to be massively insecure about this, but have made improvements and don't see it as a deal-breaker at all. Even so, I won't lie -- it often bothers me and casts doubt in my mind. What are some ways to deal with this? Any examples/anecdotes, aside from Style himself, from guys who are short and very successful with women? How did you break free from your own mental roadblocks about your height?
2) Also, I can't tell you how many times women have mentioned in conversation that she likes tall men ("He HAS to be taller than me..." etc.). I don't really take her words seriously because I know what she is really saying is "I envision a man who makes me feel like a woman to be tall, masculine, alpha, etc." When I'm being C&F to her, I usually say, "Wow, interesting...that's what the last woman I dated said before we started dating" and then smile. So my question here is, what are some other responses that you guys recommend to a woman who says "I only date taller men"?
I'm eager to hear your thoughts on this.
Much appreciated, -Talc
(Btw, as to where I stand personally, I feel that my inner game is decently solid. Always much more room for improvement of course, but as of right now I have the right attitude and I'm no stranger to discomfort, hard work, and all of that good stuff that makes for a man's man.)
and Style's response:
I'm 5'6".
Lisa is 5'8".
One of the women I dated was 6".
Another was a 5'11" sex symbol.
So what did I learn?
1. If you read the personals and listen to what women say, it would seem that any guy below 6" is just OUT. Not true: they want height because it conveys status and makes them feel safe and protected. You can give them those END VALUES without the shallow surface value they think they want.
2. Girls are less physically shallow than guys. They're willing to overlook the height, weight, and other criteria if you can convey higher value/status and create an emotional connection with them.
3. There's nothing wrong with cheating a little and wearing platform shoes that give you two to four extra inches in height. Even when they NOTICE it, perception is reality.
4. But the above doesn't really matter. A short guy with a tall women conveys confidence and status and other postive alpha-type qualities. If you're COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN, it'll be HER who's feeling awkward for being too tall and birdlike or whatever.
5. Now here's the REAL secret to dating women who are much taller than you: Make sure you are sitting down (and, later, lying down) with them instead of standing all the time
-----Give me no credit as this is a copy and paste.
But its good for the situation.

Capricio
08-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Good call Mister E
Coincidently Jbeds, I am also 20 and maybe 5'7, I used to be very very skinny too. Working out and eating a high protein diet has helped me fill out a bit and, it improved my posture, but if you can just roll with it and not let it phase you, you will be just fine. Sometimes I take the-> I only date guys taller than me, or in some cases-> only date guys older than me as an IOI, because they are thinking about the prospect of dating you. So think of it that way if you want to.
I usually reply to one of those statements with a very confident and calm "ok," but say it as if it came out of the blue, as if it holds no relevance to the conversation, because you shouldn't be talking about dating her anyways.
Hope that helps.

antman
08-20-2006, 09:27 PM
back in the topic of height, im about 175 pounds, 5'11. I know im not short but i have recently incorporated LUGS and dr scholls inserts into my peacocking gear and it adds a solid 2 inches to my height.
Its kind of cool being taller and it is somewhat an alpha characteristic to be tall. So far no chicks have complained im to tall :D

excess_
08-21-2006, 09:01 AM
even though height can be on your side and work to an advantage, when you pick up women, it doesnt matter what you look like (the game). you could have no hair and be tubby, as long as you project what women want you should be fine

workin2bdonjuan
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
thanks guys I needed that

gives me a kick in the ass, stop listening to my "hardwired" attraction switches.

learn how to turn her "hardwired" attraction switches ON!!!

saqchek
09-19-2007, 12:15 PM
I just stopped in to make you guys jealous by saying I'm 6'3" and 275lbs. Take that shorties!!!

No seriously, I've seen some short ass guys with some fine ass women. Neg the shit out of a girl if she uses that "short" shit.

"I'm actually 6', the other foot grew horizontally"

A funny ass joke that I just came up with. Well, I thought it was funny.

Colt45
09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
It is just as hard as being tall, being 6'7'' helps with sports and taking control of other guys, but when fine girls that are no taller then 5'3'' are interested its just awkward, btw i am in high school so no girls where high heels

Oregon
09-19-2007, 03:43 PM
It is just as hard as being tall, being 6'7'' helps with sports and taking control of other guys, but when fine girls that are no taller then 5'3'' are interested its just awkward, btw i am in high school so no girls where high heels

Being 6'7" is natural peacocking. Love it up. I'm about 6'1" and would probably want to be 6'3" or 6'4" as an ideal height. I have a friend that is as tall as you that goes out with a short Asian girl probably shorter than 5'3", so it can happen, but I can see it being awkward.

EffortlessJD
09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
there are many ways to increase your height

workin2bdonjuan
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
at 5' 4" to get the the preferred height of a man that the majority of women want i would have to wear plasterer stilts

i dont think that would be peacocking, it would be ridiculous

just have to "damn the torpedoes, and full steam ahead"

Oregon
09-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah that might be a bit much. Height doesn't have to be a factor though. My alpha friends growing up dated girls taller than them without problem.

roscopcoe2221
09-20-2007, 01:47 PM
there are many ways to increase your height??? how so??

AlmightyZane
09-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I am 5'8" and about average for guys these days at least thats what I tell myself. As far as hight goes I find it doesn't affect you as much as you think.

I have found that when it comes down to it tall guys have disadvantages as well...and by poking fun at my tall friends I gain repport with them and the girls around find it compelling ... "being comfortable with your flaws helps the cause" -Zane

Here are some suggested canned lines to help any "short" mans arsenal

Her- I usually date tall guys
You- So you're a hightest ... I see

You - Yeah I keep them around to reach the shelves, I really should invest in a ladder ...

You- Really? I'm short?!?!? Seriously? (very heavy Sarcasm)

I have a few more but they need to get field tested a few hundred more times ...

Just remember the key to any good pick up is confidence in what your saying doing and being ...

NiteOwl
08-04-2008, 04:50 PM
This girl is showing some interest. We talk alot. Mostly text messaging bullshit. Anyways it is good. The thing is she probably has about 2 inches on me. So far it has not come up, but I would like to be ready when it does. Does anyone know some comebacks or something smooth to say.
Personally the height thing does not bother me but in my experience women feel akward when with a shorter guy.
Thanks in advance.

BYZ
08-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I am only 5' 7". I find when I date a girl around my height she will want to wear heels but feels like she shouldnt. If a girl is actually taller than you you have to convey the confidence that this is not something that will bother you. At the same time you have to make her feel like there is nothing wrong with her being with you.

Esteban
08-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Most important is not to let it phaze you. I'm 5'7" myself and a couple of things that I like to say are things like "I like a challenge (while smiling)" or "...you can be my bodygurard :)" Sometimes I call them shorty.
I've always said things that show I don't care that they are taller...or That I really don't care if people see that I'm with a chick that's taller than me.
Good luck.

enigmaT
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Being 6'7" is natural peacocking. Love it up. I'm about 6'1" and would probably want to be 6'3" or 6'4" as an ideal height. I have a friend that is as tall as you that goes out with a short Asian girl probably shorter than 5'3", so it can happen, but I can see it being awkward.

So how do you use that to your advantage . I am 6'7 and a bunch of girls start conversation with how tall I am . How do I respond to that? I am on a uni team as well.