PDA

View Full Version : Hired guns as social proof

Vapor
08-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Something I've been doing lately with women who are particularly hot (read: I am particularly nervous about approaching) is using the bartender as social proof. I always game the bartenders, male or female, with a non-sexual vibe, and I tip well but not over-the-top.
The technique is pretty simple.
1. Approach but do not open HBs at bar.
2. Banter with bartender. Vibe is low-energy, warm, we like each other.
3. Open HBs.
I've done this many times now with some very attractive women, and am never blowing out. I'm not getting blown out in A1 very often anyway, but I have mad AA and this seems to make things considerably easier (I KNOW that only serious bitches are going to be rude to a friend of the bartender, and could dismiss them easily if they act that way).
This is obviously not a huge revelation. I just haven't read about using hired guns as social proof and think it's considerably easier, and more effective, than using pivots or adjacent sets as SP.

imonfire
08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
I think it's good SP to be nice to all of the staff at places you frequently visit. I'm a loyal customer type and I'm always super super nice to the staff and they remember me and are extra nice back. I always am impressed when I go somewhere with a guy and he's known and liked.

Sovereign
08-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Hired guns are extremely important. So much so that sometimes I will get to a venue early enough specifically to meet and talk up the bouncers, baretenders, wait staff, shot girls, etc.
Be friendly and outgoing, always get their name and make sure you get theirs (you want to be seen at the bar saying the bartender's name.) Remember the goal is not to close them (well, usually not).

Ribald
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
In DC, there used to be a hired gun service where a guy would pay about $200-$300 an hour to have an HB sent out at night to meet him and act as his wing to attract other HBs. Having learned about the PUA community, the idea of such a service to sucker beta males out of their money truly revolts me -- that is, it perpetuated the idea that a guy can't learn skills on his own to attract women, that he will always have to use his money and supplicate himself to land a girl. I think the company is defunct now, thankfully...

Malibu
08-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Absolutely....a cafe Im a regular at here in sydney I know all the staff. When me and my wings rock up we say hello to all the guys, and give a kiss on the cheek to all the waitresses and it turns heads big time.
I wouldnt say that its better than having a pivot however the bonus is that with a pivot other sets may assume your with your pivot....with hired guns you have your social proof and when you sit down your with your wings only so it makes it a little easier to attract and qualify in my experience. This of course will depend in various situations and is not 100% accurate but you get my drift im sure.

Hatman
08-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Yes, i agree with absolutely everyone here.
Social Proof triggers all 3 primary attraction switches.
1. pre-selection
2. tribal leader
3. protector of loved ones
and that is why, my friend, everyone wants to be around you, and is receptive to you.
to the bar staff, being super nice is good, but a calibrated neg here and there will work wonders on hot staff and get you remembered.
so successful hired guns game does require some calibration
regards