PDA

View Full Version : Performing Quick Number Closing Routines

Stunt
07-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey Guys,
Sometimes when were out in public, walking down the hall in school/college, talking to a cashier etc.. we only have a limited amount of time to get a HB's number. I have my own standard way of making eye contact with the girl, then when she looks away i say " what did my good looks really scare you that badly?" then beginning a quick conversation then " what steps can we take to continue this interaction" to get the number. I was wondering how other guys approach this, and what you guys do in this sitution. Examples and field reports would be fantastic.

anwarjackson
07-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Just follow the format as David D. (found in the forum)
Open (make laugh)
YOU: "Are you single?" [stone cold straight face]
HER: "Well, um..."
YOU: "I'll take that as a yes..." [nodding, sly
smile]
HER: [Laugher]
YOU: "Well, I just happen to know someone that I
think might really like you... if you're more than
just a pretty face, that is... He's funny, has
great taste, and I think you'd like him... I'd
love to sit down and get your life story, but I'm
on my way somewhere... do you have email?" [very
cool, calm tone of voice]
HER: "Yes."
YOU: Great... [takes out pen]... write it down for
me, and I'll have, uh [clears throat] HIM send you
an email." And you might as well write down your phone #
as well.
I give 100% credit for this routine to David D.

sting
07-29-2006, 09:21 PM
i've used david d's routine, word for word. without much success - more because i was new than the routine, i think.
in that situation, if i know i'll see the girl again (like a student at school), i DON'T #close. more just break the ice, so we can talk more smoothly next time.
going cocky funny is fine, but you can just ask an opinion opener, get her opinion and say thanks. exchagne names and a handshake, maybe do a quick palm read. and EJECT.
She'll wonder who you are and be more at ease when you meet again. if you get the # then and there, she'll just think "another one" and play the hard to get bit.
i only used teh david d routine when i was just starting out - but i'm guessing even when pulled off right, it gets a lot of flakes.
if you do number close right away, might help to throw in some stuff like "it'd be nice to sit down in comfy atmosphere and soak in the cool weather and enjoy a few laughs.... okay, I gotto run, see you later!"

anwarjackson
07-30-2006, 08:56 AM
The part which I ment was gold was:
I'd
love to sit down and get your life story, but I'm
on my way somewhere... do you have email?" [very
cool, calm tone of voice]
HER: "Yes."
YOU: Great... [takes out pen]... write it down for
me, and I'll have, uh [clears throat] HIM send you
an email." And you might as well write down your phone #
as well.
By asking for the e-mail its way more effective on getting results.
Also I agree with Sting, if your in a school/work setting dont # close. Just build yurself as a CF kinda guy.